!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I wish I could start seeing some results. The only results I have seen so far (and today will be day7, will update when I complete the work out) is my endurance... I haven't seen any results in inches... and haven't been to the gym to weigh myself.

Any suggestions?

What weights are you using? Sounds like you might need to up them? :flowerforyou:

I've only done D2L1 and already I feel it in my shoulders chest and arms. Legs etc will take l;onger and I may not see results from this but the upper body stuff is happening already :bigsmile:

I am using 5lb weights and have a hard time doing all the exercises (except the ... wow... Brain fart... standing rows, that's it)... So I don't think upping the weights will do me any good. I still have a hard time finishing most of the work outs. But it is getting easier. I didn't think I was SO out of shape! haha on me! lol.

I just wish I could see/feel something happening! lol

5lbs sounds quite heavy to me, 5lb each right? I am using 7lb weights and I think that it about as high as I can go right now, and I have done this many times before and been lifting weights for years!!
    I wonder why your not feeling anything happening? It sounds like your body is coping quite nicely but your not seeing results?!
    Hmmm, I'm sure you will by the end, see how it goes. I'm stumped!!! :huh:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 complete!!!

I will have to say I didn't get very low with the squats and lunges, becuase my legs hurt way to much and I was affraid I'd lose my balance and fall. But I took my time and got as low as I could. I also couldn't do jumping jacks, or butt kicks for the same reason. I instead marched in placed and did the boxing thing as fast as I could. I hope that, that was a good replacement. My legs just hurt too much to jump. But, at least I didn't use that as an excuse to not do it right?

Love this group!!!:heart: You guys get me motivated and I love it!! Thanks ya'll with all the support I am sure to get to my goal weight!!!

I had to do the same thing since we did mostly Warrior I and II in yoga and I have been weight training a lot with my legs I just don't seem to have the stamina for jumping jacks, and then jump rope and butt kicks. I try to just keep moving and my heart rate stays up so I figure it's just fine. It's great not to use that as an excuse, but just modify to where you're comfortable and keep moving!
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Sorry didn't get back to you guys last night. I did as I said, and completed L1D2 yesterday. I actually found it a bit easier yesterday than the first day. I think it's because I had never done it before and was nervous as to what to expect, so day 1 I was a bit tense. Day 2 I knew I could get through it so I was more relaxed which made it easier. Getting ready to do D3 in a bit, followed up by D4 of Yoga Bootcamp later this evening.

Keep up the good work everyone!! You guys are rock stars!!!
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Just finished my Day 3 Level 1 :) Wow it feels so good to keep going .. This group is super motivating :) Thank you everyone !

Please keep going ... We can do this !!!!
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouraging responses ... am going to add something else with my 30 DS but I cannot go out for walk with my 4 month old , as it's super cold in Minnesota.
  • paul121703lilly
    Options
    Day 2 Level 1 - completed last night :)

Looking forward to day 3 (tonight's workout) I am very sore, I might have to do the modified versions tonight LOL Although day 2 was easier than day 1 LOL
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    D3L1 complete =)
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just checked my weight this morning and I have gained a pound ? WHAT ! @_@ !!!!!! Super disappointed :( I have been eating healthy but the only workouts am doing is the 30 DS daily ..before that I use to go on walks three times a week for 30 minutes or so with my 4 month old in the stroller ..It's gotten cold out so I no longer go because am afraid my lil one will get sick ..I am also breastfeeding..so I should be burning more calories ...ERGHHH ! Can somebody please tell me what am doing wrong ? or any suggestions to push my scale to the right direction ?I am doing 30 DS with 2 lbs weights .. should I up it ? My arms are super weak and I feel like these are the only ones that my arms can handle it :(

Read this and you should feel better about the weight gain.
    http://www.nutritionatc.hawaii.edu/HO/2002/135.htm

I am using 2lb weights also, my friend is using 5 and there is no way I could, they are to heavy I can't get good control with them.

Thank you for this!! I have been searching all morning for some information to back up this fact :)
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Doing D3L1 tonight. Very sore, but that means it's working!! (I hope!):embarassed:

Going to do some elliptical tonight to so I know I will be sore tomorrow, and I have plans Thursday night, so I will have to work out tomorrow morning. ah well, no pain, no gain (or loss in this case!):bigsmile:
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    MEL, i'm so sorry but i didn't get in my second workout last night! i was soooo disappointed! i'm getting back on it tonight PLUS my second C2K5 workout so this should be an interesting night! I'm feeling sore from 30-DS i did 2 days ago (i'm weird, i love that soreness) so bring it on!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    day 3... gone like the wind!!!! and only a lil bit sore
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    D3L1 done on top of a 2 mile run. I would not have done 30 day shred today if it was not for this group so thank you
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Unfortunately I did not workout yesterday because I had my clinical rotation for nursing school from 7am to 5pm :frown: I was totally pooped when I got back and really wanted to try and work out, but I have a ton of homework!:frown:. So I was planning on doubling up today when I woke up with a very very sore throat, and my body is sore all over! Man, this is definitely not my week. Hopefully I can sleep it off tonight, but i don't have time for a nap today. Keep me in your prayers if you are into that please! :smile: I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • sdgarcia9220
    Options
    Yesterday I completed Day 2 of our challenge. Some of my muscles were still sore from the day before, so kicking and screaming but I finished day two. Thank you guys, I wouldn't have done it without the extra accountability.
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Day 8 of Shred on to LEVEL 2, Day 3 with all of you :)
    Feel free to log me as Day 8, Level 3 as I started early because I already now I'll be missing days. And thank you!

mbnharrison, I didn't understood your post sorry :(

How many workouts of Level 1 have you done?
    And Level 2?
    So, are you doing Level 3 now... how many workouts have you done?

Thank you :D
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ~ SERIOUS SHREDDERS GROUP - Days 01-03 (17-19th October) ~

*Member*........................*Total Workouts*.....*Wkts on Level 1*.....*Wkts on Level 2*.....*Wkts on Level 3*

1amdeev......................................
    1stStep100..................................
    a1rose..........................................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    acarmickle1................................
    Adina81........................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    afalls11.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    alaskagirl5...................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    AleenaZ........................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    Alexa712......................................
    allybally6......................................
    amandae79................................
    amendoza117............................
    AwesomeJobe...........................
    ayahra..........................................
    bearcloud....................................
    bennieangel...............................
    bnigh001.....................................
    busymnmom..............................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    caicon..........................................
    CamayB......................................03...............................03.................................00..................................00
    canidoit11...................................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    carriann2012..............................
    cbekkevold..................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    charlibets....................................
    chocolattahottie..........................
    cralder58.....................................
    deedeefelldown.........................
    determinedsocialworker..........02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    dreamz48....................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    eew85..........................................
    elissascotland...........................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    erinserin......................................04..............................04..................................00..................................00
    fallenangelloves........................
    fionarama....................................
    flabnd01......................................
    franciellejoyce............................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    galaxyhearts...............................
    Gay11nell...................................10..............................00..................................10...................................00
    genthel........................................
    heathermae1022......................
    Iholdsworth555.........................02...............................02..................................00..................................00
    jaeone.........................................03...............................03..................................00...................................00
    Janel1978..................................04...............................02..................................01...................................01
    Jelybe...........................................
    JennaMarie222..........................
    JennC831...................................
    jennysmission...........................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    jls1661........................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    jmpierre.......................................
    jrhstarlight...................................08..............................07..................................01..................................00
    jrreed1.........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    justaskforbrandy........................
    justle............................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    kahavi...........................................
    kalebsmama07..........................
    Kalo10.........................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    karensfit4life...............................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    katemcconnal............................03...............................03.................................00..................................00
    kcmg0730...................................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    kcrojas630..................................05...............................05.................................00..................................00
    kdenny1.......................................03...............................03.................................00..................................00
    kel7298........................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    kelsue35......................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    kezziemc......................................
    kgb6days.....................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    Kina7381.....................................
    kittenzmeow................................
    kmki87.........................................
    kstoller2.......................................03...............................03.................................00..................................00
    kylaerin........................................
    lackie09........................................05..............................03..................................02..................................00
    lakeyaj..........................................
    lauramary2..................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    LeahSWright...............................04..............................04..................................00..................................00
    Leobaby.......................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    LeslieL03.....................................
    LilacLizabeth...............................
    lildebbie.......................................03...............................03.................................00..................................00
    LilyVi.............................................
    LisaSmuts...................................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    LittlePam.....................................
    littlesunshower...........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    lizlashley09..................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    londanfudd4eva.........................
    lormc.............................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    Louise12.....................................
    louise266.....................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    lovekck.........................................
    luvnsun1......................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    mbnharrison...............................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    melgibson...................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    melmarie4...................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    mi_tai...........................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    Mledieu........................................07..............................07..................................00..................................00
    mommynmotion........................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    monih10.......................................
    monmay01...................................
    MountainMamaof2.....................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    mrshaus.......................................
    msenior........................................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    needtotrack..................................
    nibbles40.....................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    nicoled87.....................................
    nirvana1........................................
    Nita_Bita.......................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    NthnButMoonshine.....................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    nutrigaby.......................................
    paravision.....................................
    PattyCake123...............................
    paul121703lilly............................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    Prettyme924.................................
    queenmegan...............................
    Quilled...........................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    rachelleahsmom.........................
    rainbow52.....................................
    rajimiah.........................................
    RealDeal27..................................02..............................02.................................00..................................00
    RedPaperClip..............................03..............................03.................................00..................................00
    rhearose.......................................
    robyng1986..................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    rockeraxXx....................................
    rockerbabyy..................................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    ronke911......................................01...............................00.................................01..................................00
    rustiemae.....................................
    saintsteffers.................................
    sambuka8....................................03..............................03.................................00..................................00
    SarabellPlus3.............................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    sarahkatara.................................
    sb1023.........................................08..............................08..................................00..................................00
    scarletlion....................................
    sdgarcia9220..............................02..............................02.................................00..................................00
    sdmcbride10...............................
    shanintesar.................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    shantronathon.............................
    Shellabella02..............................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    ShellBell4281..............................
    ShellGetsFit.................................02...............................02.................................00..................................00
    shellrae1973...............................
    skinnygirlswearprada................
    skinnywannebe...........................
    Skyrocket123...............................
    SmileyJ23.....................................06..............................06..................................00..................................00
    smileyk003...................................
    sonia2003....................................
    sorzel19........................................
    spaceEF.......................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    stampinwithmb...........................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    stockers78...................................03..............................03..................................00..................................00
    sugarbeans.................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    sunshinegirlnm..........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    tabs4cherubs..............................01...............................01.................................00..................................00
    tageekly........................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    tammihart....................................04...............................04.................................00..................................00
    thebamboophoenix...................
    TimeToWork...............................
    Timmay®....................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    toque_de_miel..........................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    torsaer.........................................03..............................00..................................03..................................00
    trikimash.....................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    TVstfne........................................01..............................01..................................00..................................00
    twinkietigress.............................
    vegangirl88.................................02..............................02..................................00..................................00
    VerityFrances.............................
    walkinmydoxies.........................
    wendyc122005..........................
    windyweather88........................09..............................09..................................00..................................00
    xXmimiXx.....................................
    yary317........................................

Cheers!!!!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    leve 1 day 3 done! i really love the high i get after doing this workout lol
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Day 3, Level 1 done. Phew. Dinner time!
  • dyeager01
    dyeager01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can I join. I started on 10/12 though. I am on day D7/L1. I love level 1. It so weird I gained 3 pds, but when I checked today I had lost those 3 plus 1 more. I am also working out 20 min on the elliptical @ work so hopefully this is speeding things up.
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 done today! Will probably double up tomorrow seeing as how I took a day off.