Ex boyfriend advice desperately needed

Options
bks1
bks1 Posts: 32 Member
im not sure if this is the right place to post this- but it's doing my head in and I'm hoping someone can shed some insight on this guy for me. Ok, a brief summary- we were together 4yrs, he broke up with me a year ago and broke my heart, he found someone straight away and they are still together. He emailed me out of the blue several months ago- just chit chat, very light hearted, nothing specific- so I replied. Maybe 5 emails to and fro. Then he stopped emailing for the past month.

Today I open my email to find THIS sent from him (yesterday)
(I copied and pasted it).

Can I get a shirt from you?

I wrote this massive email explaining the reason but it was like, not weird or anything, I swear.

I can't explain it. You know.

I can't even explain why. There has been this annoying voice in the back of my head to ask you, actually, the voice sounds like you, haha. kidding.

I'll be upfront, I have no interest in seeing you, or catching up or having a friendship. I just have this urge to smell you. ok, that has got to be the most weirdest, creepiest thing I ever wrote. But its the truth.

I am normal, just got a quirk or two.

Anywho, I dont know how the logistics will work, I guess I'll give you the address to post to if you agree to the worlds most creepiest request. But honestly, Im not being creepy, I really can't explain it.

I really cant hey.

Well, bartering is a two way street. Is there anything I can offer in return?

Besides my awesomesness!!!!!!

.....And THAT was his email. He never used to be a creep, he's still with his girlfriend- I can't even begin to understand the motivation or thought process behind this email.

And to be honest, it really hurt when he said he didn't want a friendship-
I just assumed he did, otherwise why initiate contact??

I'm so sorry for the length of this, my dear MFP friends. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this.

All I really want is if anyone is able to help me understand why he would send something like this. I'm just flummoxed.

Replies

• _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Forward to the girlfriend, then block him.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I'd block him from my email and phone.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    What the hell? :noway:
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Agreed...block the perv!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

this.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Boy, that is creepy... get away from him, fast!
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    creeper...block his loser face...but i do agree- forward it to the g-f...then block it completely....this guy is a loser and u dont wanna be anything to him...including friends
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I Agree too. Block the weirdo! God was on ur side when he broke up with u. You missed a bullet!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Too creepy! BLOCK and forward to the current girlfriend if you can.....
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    Ya, I agree block him
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I'm going to agree with this. Show this to the new girl. As for his motivation, I really couldn't say, hopefully some males with read this and have something more helpful to add.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well there is a postive at least he is being honest to you even its quite wierd.

We cant really tell you what to do but he is still playing you... so dont take it in... leave it at the door its being one year.. the future is bright...
  • edmondskm
    Options
    He's already said that he doesn't want to be your friend so he doesn't want anything more than that so block that ****.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You can't explain crazy. Ignore!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    they say scent is the strongest trigger for memories..so maybe he's feeling nostalgic? either way. it's not your problem.
  • jillinthbox
    jillinthbox Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Move forward not backward. Just a little strength will get you past thinking about him and this. Get yourself busy and go meet new people. You'll forget soon enough. Move on!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options

I like that idea. Even if he was creepin, or had whatever type of fetish, etc., it doesn't - and shouldn't - involve you now. I'm sure what he said hurt... but I personally wouldn't want ANYthing to do with this guy after that email...

Best of luck...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Two words...pepper spray.
  • wormzmom
    Options
    What a creep! Pity the poor girl that is with him, honey, and thank ur lucky stars to be rid of him! I agree, block him, and get urself a decent man!
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Honey, take his email & his memory and delete them! Never waste another thought on him!

Best of luck to ya!