Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    34oz at noon!!! I plan to drink just as much the second half of my work day -- and then I usually have about 2 16oz bottles at home!!! That would put me at......... 100oz for the day!!

That's awesome! 100oz! :happy: I guess I better get up and fill this cup.
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    ok, so for our 1st challenge, I think we'll keep it simple. How bout increasing our water intake? this is no problem for some, but difficult for others. The recommended daily allowance could be a debate, but if you're on the low side, try to increase it, and if you're just wanting to improve, here's your chance! We all know there are a many benefits to drinking water...so fill up your cups, glasses, bottles and canteens...and go back for more!

This starts tomorrow, Thursday 10/20 and ends next Wednesday 10/26. Good luck everyone!:drinker:

re the push-ups...good idea! that is one of the areas I dislike the MOST. I think with all the yo-yo dieting I did for 15+ yrs, and never any resistance training really damaged my triceps. Not sure I can do much there, but I am willing to try! I have a question tho...is it ok to do push-ups every day? does there need to be a day or 2 off between working the triceps? I don't want to be doing them every day and it not being beneficial. I always hear about taking a day off so muscles can repair and rebuild...don't know if push-ups fall into this "theory"? anyone?

Since we are just beginning here, let's stick with the water challenge. If you want to do push-ups that's fine too. Still waiting for an answer about doing them every day??

I'm at 32 oz done. Gonna head out for a walk here shortly. How's everyone else doing?
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    WOW!! We've had at least 10 join since this morning!! COOL!! Welcome everyone!! Glad to have ya here!! Wishing you all success in reaching your ~~ Merry Christmas to YOU ~~ weight loss goal!

Remember, you can weigh in any day, but please post it Wednesday. I'm working on a chart!!

Enjoy your Thursday afternoon!! :smile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Since we are just beginning here, let's stick with the water challenge. If you want to do push-ups that's fine too. Still waiting for an answer about doing them every day??

I'm at 32 oz done. Gonna head out for a walk here shortly. How's everyone else doing?

It's my belief that you should limit strength training to 3 times a week if your into heavy weight lifting...so, alternating push-ups and cardio is the best way to maximize your workouts.

If anyone is interested, I've started a Ripped in 30 thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/373092-ripped-in-30-starting-now-join-me?page=1#posts-5081892
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    72 oz down! I think I may get around 16 more the rest of the day. I usually drink a LOT of water at work and then not so much at home.
  • kt_rubino
    kt_rubino Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im so in!

SW: 284 lbs
    GW: 257 lbs

I know 3 lbs a week seems excessive but its just a goal ;)
  • cschmidt42
    cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing great!! Keep up the good work! I can tell this is going to be a awesome group!!:bigsmile:

Crystal
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Starting Weight 337.4 (28 pound down so far)
    Weight by Christmas: 317 Christmas and 315 by New Years (hopefully) Would love 313 :)
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Water intake is an easy one for me!!! I LOVE WATER!!!! I drink a 24oz bottle in the first 2 hrs I'm at work. When I go to lunch I buy 2-34oz bottles and finish those before I leave for the day!!!
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Does tea count as water?
  • pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Count me in...!
    SW: 160.5
    Christmas Goal Weight: 155
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    48oz down. 16oz to go and I haven't even worked out yet. Yeah, this is awesome motivation let's keep it up.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    SW: 150-152
    GW: 140-142

I'm about 32oz of water in. I trick I learned is to freeze a bottle of water at night to drink throughout the day. I absolutely hate drinking room temp. water.
  • markymark25
    markymark25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    48 oz done. Gonna pace myself for the next 16 oz.
  • drummergirl4him
    Options
    Il give it a go.
    SW: 250
    GW:200 at the least!
  • MountainMamaof2
    Options
    I'll join!
    SW: 183
    XMAS GW: 163

I've got some work to do to finish my water for today! Only 6 ounces consumed so far. I'll get er done.
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    Wow this is becoming quite the group....... I like these to keep me on track.

SW 160.6
    Xmas 145
  • drummergirl4him
    Options
    I have drunk 3 8.oz waters!
  • ktjones3
    Options
    I have drank at least 72 oz of water today. I think that will suffice! :)
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    ill drink 4 5 bottles of water a day.. think im good with this challenge :)