Lose 10lbs by Thanksgiving (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• divainprogress2012
    Options
    This is the spreadsheet of everyone on the challenge. If I dont have your SW listed by your name please message it to me tomorrow. Just copy and paste

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvUZ_X8QS1V8dDFiS2F6VlowUFV0OEVaVjMtYUtLbWc&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Hello my friends ok I am going to go ahead and post the first challenge. You can wait to start tomorrow or get a headstart tonight its up to you:

First mini challenge: For the most part we are mainly targeting to loose our stomach right?? So first week challenge is to do 100 crunches daily starting tomorrow 10/21-10/27. You can split them up however you like just long as you do 100/day. For example: 50 in the morn, 50 at night or 100 at one time or 4 sets of 25. Whatever best for you!! And 50 Fire hydrants (25 on each side). If I need to post a pic of the Fire Hydrant let me know or you can google it.

I forgot to say this: Add this on with your reg workouts!! And someone asked instead of working out 5 days for 60 mins can they do 300 mins/wk that is also fine too!!
  • charnell87
    Options
    bump
  • KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I dont know what a fire hydrant is...:(
  • namaste62
    Options
    Is this group/challenge closed yet?

I am interested in joining!

LAF
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start this challenge! I've been slacking off a lil bit lately & this will be just the perfect thing to get me back in gear. I'm extremely interested in getting rid of some belly fat before Thanksgiving. Looking forward to the daily crunches! I hope the weigh-in tomorrow won't be too embarassing for me:blushing:
  • Ang_37
    Ang_37 Posts: 58
    Options
    I am new to myfitnesspal, so I will need a lot of help. But is it too late to join. I would love to join your challenge. :smile: I need a lot of help........................................ (I am not sure how to keep track of your daily challenges.)

Thanks,
  • MaterMama
    Options
    Fire Hydrant. Now sure what to do. I looked them up and found 2 different ways to do them. One was on all 4's & the other was standing. Not sure if there any more versions.

Which are we supposed to do?

Thanks.
  • star9401
    star9401 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I sent in my info I hope I can be part of the group! I lost 10 pounds in the last month and I am ready to work hard in the next 30 days!
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're bringing the big guns out right from the start. I can feel the pounds coming off just thinking about all the hard work.

As for a fire hydrant, you get on hands and knees and raise your leg up to the side, like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant. lol It works your legs and mainly the saddle bags.
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Cannot wait to get started tomorrow! I really think my biggest challenge will be the water. I typically drink 6 glasses while I'm at work which only leaves 2 glasses left.. I drank one with dinner.. and I just don't think I can drink any more water for the day. I'm going to be up for another 3.5 hours though so I will sneak it in before bed.. Good luck everybody! I can't wait to see the results :)
  • jem728
    jem728 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm ready to get started.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to start. For all those who need to know a fire hydrant is when you get on all 4's like a dog and **** you leg up like dogs taking a pee. its great to work those thigh muscles. hope this helps.
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    Awesome! Hello, and let's do this! :D I'm Jessica by the way, feel free to add me for extra support/motivation.

*off to do crunches* :wink:
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    Cannot wait to get started tomorrow! I really think my biggest challenge will be the water. I typically drink 6 glasses while I'm at work which only leaves 2 glasses left.. I drank one with dinner.. and I just don't think I can drink any more water for the day. I'm going to be up for another 3.5 hours though so I will sneak it in before bed.. Good luck everybody! I can't wait to see the results :)

Make sure that your glass is 8oz, otherwise you may be drinking more than 6 glasses and you haven't known it! :D 8oz is about the same as a measuring cup in your kitchen. :)
  • star9401
    Options
    Mysteryfoxes i was going to say the same thing :) Also another water tip: Usually you can get 16oz of bottled water. I get some colored hair ties, and put four or five hair ties on the bottle, then move them up or take them off as you finish each bottle (I grab a new bottle in the morning and refill for the day).

Good luck everyone!! I am ready to rock!!!

:smile:
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Day 1. Lets get ready to rock. I've already started with my morning jog and 4oz of water. :happy:
  • Rebroland
    Options

Make sure that your glass is 8oz, otherwise you may be drinking more than 6 glasses and you haven't known it! :D 8oz is about the same as a measuring cup in your kitchen. :)

Thank you for that :) I actually take a 16 oz bottle of water in the morning and count each one bottle as 2 glasses. I really think it's my body just adjusting. I was used to only drinking a water (maybe) at lunch at then a soda at dinner. so it's been tough drinking 8 glasses of water a day. I've also cut out the soda because I've heard that if you drink one soda that you need to compensate that with extra water.. and that's SO not worth it to me! haha
  • star9401
    Options
    What are you all doing for exercise?

I am good for a 30 minute workout, but my attention wanes after that. I am in the last 5 days of the 30 Day Shred which I really like and will probably roll through again for the next 30 days, But to get closer to the 60 minutes… I also Started Week1 Day 1 of the C25k, which was not too bad. BUT it is already starting to get cold in Wisconsin and if it snows or rains I probably won’t jog outdoors.

I also completed my 100 crunches and 50 fire hydrants.. I think the 100 crunches was the roughest part of the morning. Hope you all have a great first day!
  • Rebroland
    Options
    What are you all doing for exercise?

I am good for a 30 minute workout, but my attention wanes after that. I am in the last 5 days of the 30 Day Shred which I really like and will probably roll through again for the next 30 days, But to get closer to the 60 minutes… I also Started Week1 Day 1 of the C25k, which was not too bad. BUT it is already starting to get cold in Wisconsin and if it snows or rains I probably won’t jog outdoors.

I also completed my 100 crunches and 50 fire hydrants.. I think the 100 crunches was the roughest part of the morning. Hope you all have a great first day!

Smart doing the crunches/fire hydrants in the AM! I got caught up in a good book last night and couldn't put it down until I finished it (which was about 2:30 am) so I think I fell asleep around 3 am. I slept in until the last minute this morning. So, when I get home from work - I have a lot I need to do. I don't get home until 6:30 usually and I'm planning on walking the dog for a half an hour - doing 30 minutes of the couck 2 5k program and then doing the crunches/fire hydrants before bed. I'm going to try and split it up more going forward - and try to not get caught up in any more good books late at night!