Black Team Challenge Week 14

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am so up for this challenge. Last week I logged everything, and had to change a few things in my diet Thanks MARLA!!! :smooched:

This week I will go one more minute when I think quit!!

Sorry I have been MIA too! I am still at 138, which is really disappointing even with all that I know that I know:wink:

I also cant log on during my daytime breaks now as I am located in the office, in a cubby with NO WINDOWS!! Oh I am so glad I truly appreciated working from home. Cant wait to get it back!!

:heart: Jeannie

(btw, seeing y'all going for these running challenges has made me add running intervals.....whew didnt even KNOW i could do 6.0!!)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Go Jeannie-- go Jeannie-- go Jeannie!!! Of course you can run, woman-- way to go!!!!

I didn't run yesterday, weather was too nasty. But, I did the 40 minute turbo jam and am soooooooo sore from it today, which is a good thing.

Sara, I used the 3lb weights last night....Youch. Okay, so 10lb is a bit ambitious for this old broad. I do three sets each of various asundry this and thats-- everything's tired and a bit sore today, which is good--

I then hit the floor for my crunches. Tummy's looking better. I joined the 100 crunches daily challenge and have been faithful. There are pockets of flubba-wubba that I think may always be there in the lower region, but I'll die trying to rid myself of it. I'll be happy when the skin stops folding over-- that's so gross!!!!

I still don't feel any muscle fatigue from the ab area the day after-- but maybe that's 'cause I've been doing them for so long?? BUT, I've gotten good enough form and strength now that I can feel the muscles working DURING the ab work-- a good thing. Quite unusual for this pouch. Go me.

This is supposed to be my day off-- I do a 3 day on, one day off running calendar-- but since I didn't run yesterday I may do it today. I'll have to see how my tired legs feel as the day goes on.

Beautiful day here in New Jersey-- kids are out frolicking, one's golfing-- I'm looking wistfully out my window and am heading to type. Zzzzzzzzz. Clear audio which is good, but the topic is about geology and earthquakes....oh my...nite-nite. I got a decent night's sleep, sorta, so fingers crossed that I don't get the sleepies.

Big black team :heart: hugs and :smooched: smooches to you all-- you have all been so great in keeping this stressed out nutwad accountable and motivated. Blessings to you all--

Have a great day!!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey kids! Sounds like everyone is having a great day!

I didn't end up going to the gym last night, just couldn't fit it in after a stop at the store and gathering more stuff to take to BF's place before it started raining. Today, though, I am going to kick some *kitten* at something. Not sure what, but I will figure it out.

In other news, I have pretty much decided to sign up for the 5K I found in June. It's right around the corner from our place (oooh, I like saying that) so it's way too convenient. The only thing I can see as a negative is the bad voices in my head. Not the insane kind, but you know the ones I mean. Just have to keep training, kick some *kitten* and shut them up.

Later gators! :heart: y'all!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey kids! Sounds like everyone is having a great day!

I didn't end up going to the gym last night, just couldn't fit it in after a stop at the store and gathering more stuff to take to BF's place before it started raining. Today, though, I am going to kick some *kitten* at something. Not sure what, but I will figure it out.

In other news, I have pretty much decided to sign up for the 5K I found in June. It's right around the corner from our place (oooh, I like saying that) so it's way too convenient. The only thing I can see as a negative is the bad voices in my head. Not the insane kind, but you know the ones I mean. Just have to keep training, kick some *kitten* and shut them up.

Later gators! :heart: y'all!

Well, would you look at that arm, Miss Shuntae-- sex-ayyyy!!!!!

One of these days, when my tricep isn't hanging six inches below my arm :wink: I'll sport my sexy arms for y'all.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Unconsciously I did the challenge this morning! I didn't know what the challenge was but at the gym I pushed past the exhaustion, the sore legs, everything to get in my full 30 minute workout.

You guys are now psychically linked to me or something!

Sneaking on at work again so I've gotta run but just wanted to say hi.

Oh, and on another note, something I read on the boards awhile back has really been bugging me so I had to write a quick blog about it today.

Basically, I hate the fact that while everyone says: Don't be nervous about the gym! No one is judging you! - there is still SO much judgment going on. It's sad and while I was doing my workout this morning it kept nagging at me.

I pushed past it though, and despite the hatred for chatty cathy's I engaged the lady on the treadmill beside me in a brief conversation, I sang... and LOUDLY, while on the elliptical and the girl beside me sung along because it was challenging and fun (hard to sing when you're gasping between each word - haha!, I greeted every person who walked through the doors - some I knew, some I didn't, I did ALL the things that people hate... and I left the gym with a smile, as did the people I 'annoyed'.

K! RUNNING NOW! SEE YOU LADIES. Oh! I'll have net back at home on the 7th. Can't wait!
  • jentx
    jentx Posts: 244
    Options
    Just weighed in and down .6 which I'm super happy with since it's that time of the month, so yay!!!

Working out again tonight 1hr and 15 min of turbo kick box!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I was down another 1/2 pound today! :bigsmile: I didn't change my ticker though because I only do for the "official" weigh-in on Wednesday.

I pushed it on the elliptical this morning. Dave will be home in a couple minutes. Then, since it's so nice and warm outside, we're gonna go for a walk with Harley and the dogs.

I think the combo of last week's challenge and this week's is really gonna help me out of this yo-yoing. So thanks girlies! :flowerforyou:
  • tattoo_pauly
    Options
    We just got back from our walk. We decided to go until the dogs were done. After an hour, they actually laid down in the middle of the road! Dave ended up carrying Luey the last half block. (She weighs 15 pounds.) Georgia is 115 pounds and even though she was ready to die the last 15 minutes , there was no way Dave could carry her. :laugh:

*Edit: Sorry I posted this under Dave's account while signed in to enter his food. But it's from Lori!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    All I want to do right now is go for a runand I can't!! I'm SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

I am really disliking my husband right now! He thinks that I have to make all the sacrifices for our girls because he makes more then I do! what more does he want I am already working 6 days a week but he can take days off for STUPID softball games. I AM SOOOO SOOO F'N MAD RIGHT NOW!!!
  • loreeb18
    Options
    I'm sorry. ((hugs)) Even though husbands can be great, they do piss us off sometimes. Can you take your girls with you? I'm sure you couldn't run like you'd want to but maybe you could at least get out and get moving a little bit.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I'm sorry. ((hugs)) Even though husbands can be great, they do piss us off sometimes. Can you take your girls with you? I'm sure you couldn't run like you'd want to but maybe you could at least get out and get moving a little bit.

I would but one is sleeping. and I would run on the treadmill but I have to run with music or I won't last and M always has some question for me.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    All I want to do right now is go for a runand I can't!! I'm SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

I am really disliking my husband right now! He thinks that I have to make all the sacrifices for our girls because he makes more then I do! what more does he want I am already working 6 days a week but he can take days off for STUPID softball games. I AM SOOOO SOOO F'N MAD RIGHT NOW!!!

((((Sam)))) I so feel your anger right now. We decided, since it was supposed to rain the next couple of days, to do workout 3 for the week. Good idea...nawwww maybe not. Mind you I was able to jog the 20 minutes BUT Mr Track Star was 1/4 mile ahead of me. I got to the place with 5 minutes or so to go that when he passed me going the other way I said you are a real inspiration for me to keep going and not stop. Yeah he turned around and ran with me, trying to stroke my ego, you're doing so good, keep going...Blah Blah . I'll forgive him BUT I won't forget.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Come on ladies-- shake it off-- they mustn't be so bad-- you married 'em.

Sam-- squeeze in a run this evening-- Bobbi-- if you're placing the onus on him or anyone else to keep you going, you'll always be disappointed-- (except for our black team, that is-- )

Shake it off-- stay focused-- you're doing great!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well I worked out with my friend tonight. She has turned out to be an awesome workout partner. It has taken us a few times, but we are getting a rythm going. Tonight I thought she would be mad because I counldnt do cardio due to an injection in my foot. She said no problem-we will do weight training.

What a wonderfully pleasant surprise!!

So to honor the Black Team (the most awesome team in the cyber world:glasses: ) When I did every last rep I thought I could do..........I did 1 more! And at the end of legs..........I added a new exercise. Then did the same for upper body!

WOO HOO! Good workout!

(and girls with DH issues-the only exercise my husband gets is pushing me around........only kidding, thought that was funny!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )
  • Marla64
    Options
    (and girls with DH issues-the only exercise my husband gets is pushing me around........only kidding, thought that was funny!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Come on ladies-- shake it off-- they mustn't be so bad-- you married 'em.

Sam-- squeeze in a run this evening-- Bobbi-- if you're placing the onus on him or anyone else to keep you going, you'll always be disappointed-- (except for our black team, that is-- )

Shake it off-- stay focused-- you're doing great!!!

He isn't SO bad! I just need him to realize that I didn't make these girls by myself and when I need help with them HE HAS to be the one to help! He realized that after I yelled at him on the phone and told him that he WILL have to miss his softball game!

<
    Tempted to use that on him!!:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be MIA for a few days. I'll try to peek in once in awhile, but my hubby's G.ma died this morning so I'm staying off the computer since he's going to be home & we have some stuff for the funeral to do.

Gonna miss you! :heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be MIA for a few days. I'll try to peek in once in awhile, but my hubby's G.ma died this morning so I'm staying off the computer since he's going to be home & we have some stuff for the funeral to do.

I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs* You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts. Don't forget to take care of yourselves.
  • loreeb18
    Options

I'm so sorry! ((hugs)) to you guys!
  • Marla64
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: Sara!!!!