Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    After reading all the posts, instead of a push-up challenge, we should have a challenge of mindful choices:

1) Am I eating because I am hungry - or - because I feel ????
    2) Do I eat until I am full - or - not hungry

They say that weight control is 70% diet and 30% exercise.

If not this week, maybe next week!!

Yes, I think would be a good one as well. Definitely consider for our 3rd challenge!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options

Anyone else have issues with SAD? Craving carbs like crazy this time of the year. Love those sunny days!

uh, huh. :ohwell: hoping to keep with my outdoor walking plan all thru winter. not only for the sunlight, but I love how I feel after a brisk walk in the cold outdoors!!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!! :flowerforyou:

gonna try harder and get more water in today. have a great Monday everyone!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Who's ready for an AWESOME WEEK!!! I know I am!!

Take a drink of water if you're with me!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :happy:
  • kt_rubino
    kt_rubino Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    SW: 284.4
    CW: 279.4

Woo 5 lb weight loss! Time to keep that ball rolling! I forget what day i am supposed to post my weight...ill check now.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!

SW 148 lbs
    GW 130 lbs
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading all the posts and it is 9:47am hera and no water yet. Better go get my cup filled and get started. This will be a challenge for me because I tend to substitue coffee for water. This challenge is sure going to help!!!! Fell free to add me and leave me a message letting me know you are from the MCtY group!!! Can't wait to see results!
  • lodicox7
    lodicox7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all. Just had a healthy packed lunch from home, while my coworkers ordered out mexican food! They suck! lol

This happens a lot, where they eat something delicious, and then I end up craving it like crazy before giving in and eating it for dinner a few days later. And that's only if they don't manage to talk me into ordering with them. Does anyone else have this problem? Hopefully this group can keep me motivated and help me avoid the peer pressure and those cravings.

Also, drank 56 oz of water so far today, working towards at least 80! I'm glad we are weighing in on Wednesdays, it gives time to rebound from the weekends a little bit.
  • rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Anyone else have issues with SAD? Craving carbs like crazy this time of the year. Love those sunny days!

uh, huh. :ohwell: hoping to keep with my outdoor walking plan all thru winter. not only for the sunlight, but I love how I feel after a brisk walk in the cold outdoors!!

Was able to get out and walk today - nice and sunny here, so it felt good. We get lots of snow here in winter, but I'm thinking a good xmas gift for the family would be snow shoes!! How fun, huh? We could all get some exercise this winter:wink:
  • pearlarbor
    Options
    I would like to loose 10 lbs by Christmas - 1 lb per week.

Current weight 166

Goal 156

5 ' 7 "
  • cutie2superhottie
    cutie2superhottie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It would be great if I lost 15lbs by Christmas
    Current weight 165lbs

Goal weight 150lbs

5' 6"
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Ok, I signed up and disappeared for two days! :( Weekends are my nemesis! I am here now, working on my water for the day. I will try really hard to be on here this week and making sure I get all my exercise in but I do have a wedding cake due this weekend, followed by a ladybug cake for a photo shoot so those things may take me away a little bit. Crazy busy week this week! All the more reason for me to make sure I get some exercise in though since it will help with the stress. The good news is I'm on schedule for these cakes so I'm not looking at any all nighters (so far!)
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    Ok, I signed up and disappeared for two days! :( Weekends are my nemesis! I am here now, working on my water for the day. I will try really hard to be on here this week and making sure I get all my exercise in but I do have a wedding cake due this weekend, followed by a ladybug cake for a photo shoot so those things may take me away a little bit. Crazy busy week this week! All the more reason for me to make sure I get some exercise in though since it will help with the stress. The good news is I'm on schedule for these cakes so I'm not looking at any all nighters (so far!)

cool that you do cakes!!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I want in:

SW: 200.1

Goal Weight by Christmas: 180
  • rlhartley
    rlhartley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Not only is the food tempting but I think just getting away from the office for a while and not eating lunch in our basement breakroom makes me end up giving in more often than not. Also, my good friend at work is pregnant and has all kinds of lunch time cravings! I think this group is helping to keep me motivated and focused, though!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Here's an interesting article re: cravings vs. what our bodies are really asking for.

http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php
  • MarineMomTX
    MarineMomTX Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Starting Weight: 180
    Xmas Goal Weight: 170
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    SW 224
    Challenge GW 209
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    How did you all do today? I ended up at 72 oz. Think I'll quit; had to get up twice with the baby last night & had to run to the ladies room both times :embarassed: So far under calories by almost 300 & have yet to work out...hmm. Do I want to?
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    right at 8 cups today...but eating has been very bad. carried over from the weekend:frown: I need to workout A LOT to make up for the damage I've done. I didn't sleep well last nite and have been tired most of the day. plan to get to bed a little earlier and walk after waking in the am.

here's to a better day tomorrow! have a good Monday evening MCtY group! :smile: