Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I had a horrible day yesterday, way too much sugar! Saturday which is ballgame day, is always hard for me, I am a huge football fan and for some reason I just overloaded on sugar!! :frown: But I must pick myself up and go on or I will never reach my goal! :grumble: I have some personal things going on and I am sure I am mostly emotional eating, if I can learn to control that I would be ok. Thanks everyone for listening and for your support!
    I hope everyone has a great Sunday!! :tongue:

Crystal

emotional eating is very tough. I used to tell myself "be mindful", "stay focused". it sometimes works, and I feel obsessive. I would even label ALL unhealthy foods as *toxic* and forbid them. that just set me up for a binge. so then I realized I need to be able to enjoy all my foods, but what I needed to change was the serving size and to eat them in moderation....like a treat at the end of the week. I began to look forward to that day. I am trying harder when I have a weak moment NOT to listen to my mind, but to give my **body** what it wants. I may mentally want it, but my body sure doesn't.

got 8 waters in yesterday. off to Thanksgiving now. water water water....
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Lally. I'd like to lose some weight before Christmas and give that as a present to myself. My CW is 250.2lbs (eugh!) and I'd really love to lose 20lbs by Christmas.
    I hope its not too late to join in.
    At Christmas in 2007 I was early inmy pregnancy with my triplets. Currently I look like I am nearly full term with another lot......thats how big I have become. I would like to be slimmer by Christmas this year so I don't get mistaken for Santa!
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose a stone ideally before Christmas, so if there's 9 weeks then that's just over a pound a week so should be able to do it! :-). Good luck to everyone with your goals.
  • cschmidt42
    cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support, I have done good so far! Yea!:smile: I have 32oz of water in and fixing to go for a walk.
    Emotional eating is very hard and I binge eat when I am really stressed, but I do know what my triggers are and I just have to stay focused, this thread and MFP really helps a lot! Thanks everyone!!:happy:

Crystal
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    good evening!! didn't get all the water I should have for today, but did get in 8 cups.

Wednesday has a lot going on for us here. The end of our 1st week, the end of our water challenge and the day we post our weights. Thursday will start the push-up challenge.

Keep up the good work everyone! November is soon to be here!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    After reading all the posts, instead of a push-up challenge, we should have a challenge of mindful choices:

1) Am I eating because I am hungry - or - because I feel ????
    2) Do I eat until I am full - or - not hungry

They say that weight control is 70% diet and 30% exercise.

If not this week, maybe next week!!
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope you all had wonderful weekends. I didn't make the best food choices this weekend but I also didn't go over calories by much. One glass of water down & now I'm working on my coffee :) Hope you all have a good Monday--I'm going to weigh in today on the scale at work and see what kind of damage I did this weekend. Wish me luck :ohwell:
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi-I'd love to join.

Starting weight (today): 182.5
    Christmas goal weight: 169

I hope to be 13.5 lbs down by Christmas which is 1.5 lbs per week.
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope you all had wonderful weekends. I didn't make the best food choices this weekend but I also didn't go over calories by much. One glass of water down & now I'm working on my coffee :) Hope you all have a good Monday--I'm going to weigh in today on the scale at work and see what kind of damage I did this weekend. Wish me luck :ohwell:

I didn't make good choices at all Saturday, yesterday was some better. According to my scales i am only down a quarter of a pound, :ohwell: I have got to get a move on it! Good luck and hopefully you didn't do too much damage!! :smile:
    Hope you have a great Monday!!

Crystal
  • fraya1
    fraya1 Posts: 34
    Options
    2 (full) months and at least 9 weeks away....

Looking for folks who want to lose some weight before the holiday's. this will be open to anyone, anytime. Join today, next week or next month..whenever!

I will even attempt to make a chart! If you want, we can do challenges...exercise, food, etc.

info needed ~
    starting wt 197.8
    Xmas goal wt 178

Let's get a head start to 2012!!
    My current weight 178
    Would like to be 160 by xmas
  • cschmidt42
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!! I hope everybody had a good weekend, I did a little better yesterday! Weigh in day is Wednesday and I have got to get a move on it! I am not where I want to be!:grumble: I am thankful for this challenge, I really need it to keep me motivated! I hope everyone has a great day! We can do this!!:smile:

Crystal
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Good food choices this weekend but did not get in my water. Will do better today :happy:
  • erintumbridge
    erintumbridge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! You can count me in, i need all the motivation and support i can get : )

Current Weight - 164.5
    Goal Weight - 155

Hope i can do it : ) thanks
  • rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Did well on my water this weekend, pretty good on food choice. Trying a breakfast these cool fall mornings of oatmeal, mashed banana (1/3-1/2), mashed sweet potato (about 1/3 of a medium potato) and blueberries. Very yummy and seems to keep me going through the morning.

Anyone else have issues with SAD? Craving carbs like crazy this time of the year. Love those sunny days!

Have a great Monday!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    We do updates every week, right?

Last Week: 337.4

This Week 333.4

Down 3 pounds. Woo-hoo!
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    We do updates every week, right?

Last Week: 337.4

This Week 333.4

Down 3 pounds. Woo-hoo!

Weight updates every Wednesday. Three pounds is a great loss! Way to go!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!!!

Time to start chugging water.. had a little too much of a Sunday funday yesterday at the Vikings/Packers game!

GO PACK GO!!! :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OMG....Ripped in 30 is killing me!! :sick: I've also been supplementing with elliptical :sad:

Here's a great smoothie for those interested:

1/2 Chobani yogurt (any flavor)
    1/2 to 1 C. of frozen mixed berries
    1/2 C. of milk
    Splash of vanilla
    2 T. ground flax seed

It can be between 250 and 300 calories....very filling, healthy and lots of antioxidants...count it as 8 oz of fluids
  • ktjones3
    Options
    Today is my weigh in day so I'm going to go ahead and post my weight.
    Starting weight was 173.2
    Current Weight is 169.4
    3.8 pounds down :)
  • elfbaby24
    Options
    Hi! I would like to participate!!!

Starting weight 235

Current weight 225

Christmas weight- 202 (I hope!!!)

Goal weight- 160