Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    hi all. went on a walk early this am, been doing yard work since....have stopped only to drink water and eat! 32 oz done. need to look for that water "cocktail"...pomegranate, lemon, lime? another thing I notice when I increase my intake is how much better my skin looks, mainly my face.

keep it up everyone...whether your in the challenge or not! you're doing so good with this!! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    need to look for that water "cocktail"...pomegranate, lemon, lime?

I use sparkling water (San Pelligrino from Sam's Club), 1/2 to 1 oz of fresh POM juice, squeeze of fresh lime = 25 calories, drink your antioxidants :flowerforyou:

:drinker: :drinker: Add 1 oz of vodka and it's 95 calories :drinker: :drinker: and probably kill the antioxidants :ohwell:

Thursday, 10/20...W1D1, 245 calories burned
    Friday, 10/21..W1D2, 234 calories burned & 256 on the elliptical
    Saturday, 10/22...W1D3, 247 calories & 234 on the elliptical

5 lbs weight except for the side lunges....I'm just not sure I do those right...clumbsy food that I am...can't wait to see and feel the end results
  • anyasants
    Options
    Hey guys, I love that this isnt a closed group so Im in too!!

Current weight: 150 lbs
    Christmas weight: 135 lbs
    Goal Weight: 120 lbs

Increasing water intake..... that is definitely a challenge and Im glad I have you guys here.
    You guys are amazing!!
    -Anya
  • CurlyVonda
    CurlyVonda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

I'm having a great weekend. I will be hitting the track for a 60 min. walk this evening, but right now I'm getting a workout by just doing housework. Thought I was going to be able to get some Aqua Jogging in today, but I went to bed with a scratchy throat and woke up this morning with a stuffy head and a seriously runny nose. Enjoy the remainder of your day....make it a great one!

Thurs: 96 ozs.
    Fri: 96 ozs.
    Sat: 24 ozs. so far.
  • CurlyVonda
    CurlyVonda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I meant to mention:

I sometimes have problems with water retention due to medication. I buy 24 oz. water bottles and adding 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar was recommended to me. I also add one packet of Truvia sweetner to cut the tart taste.
  • milesgirl
    Options
    I would like to join! I need motivation like crazy to stop overeating!

CW: 125
    GW 117
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think I water logged myself yesterday. Lol So only drank 64 oz of water today.
  • mrshoffman07
    Options
    Sounds good

Starting wt 180.2
    Goal wt 165
  • shanny5535
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge.

cw--255

Chirstmas goal weight --240
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love a good challenge!

cw:265
    Christmas Goal: 250
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had a not so good day today. I had this legal conference where EVERY Vendor had candy bowls (I avoided); one even had a fresh popcorn cart (I avoided that too)

The provided lunch was this breast of chicken drowning in some sort of cream sauce :( I scraped away as much as I could. I ate all the veggies and couldn't resist the mashed potatoes (my weakness)

I quickly gave my dessert to the woman sitting next to me: chocolate raspberry cheesecake.

I think I got most of my water in. I think I counted 6 glasses but they were larger glasses, so I'm going with that.

Too tired to even force myself to think about exercising.

:::sigh:: I'll pick up and start fresh tomorrow with a 7 mile jog :)

Thanks for listening
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    getting my last 16oz in now. Hope everyone had a good Saturday.
  • sanleap
    sanleap Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in...CW is my SW 235
    GW by Christmas 220
  • Cheri06
    Cheri06 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Got my water in for today! Yaaaay day 1!!! I thought the "8 glasses a day" sounded nearly impossible for me, but using a 32oz cup really helps. It makes it much easier to swallow (no pun intended). :P
  • Annie092
    Options
    Hey all! I would like to join if ya'll don't mind. I just started MFP yesterday and would like to get off to a good start. And one thing I really have a hard time with is staying motivated. So I think I will need a lot of encouragement to stay on track.

SW: 246.2
    GW: 228 (That's 2 lbs/wk. Kinda lofty goal, considering all the holidays coming up, but I shall shoot for that.)

And I like the water idea. Especially considering the fact that I kinda made a personal resolution to start drinking more water just within the last couple of days! Normally I drink a TON of tea. Like, 100 oz/day. But, nevertheless, I will try to drink more water, even though ya'll said we were counting tea. Today, when I went bycycling with my little bro, I took water in my drinking container instead of tea. And I actually enjoyed it!!! lol. Was proud of myself. So ya, will definitely work on the water thing. :drinker: :smile:
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join too!

cw: 168

desired weight by christmas: 160

if i could pour water at my leisure, i'm sure all the lakes and water reservoirs would be half empty by now :/. gosh, i LOVE water.
  • Annie092
    Options
    Ahem, just wanted to clarify that I will probably not drink more water in addition to all my tea, instead will probably try to substitute more water for some of my tea. Although, I will not be able to give up the tea altogether. I get a caffeine headache if I do. :grumble: lol. Thus, part of the reason I would like to start drinking more water and get away from so much tea. Anyhoo, now that I got that taken care of!!......Have a good night ya'll!!!
  • Annie092
    Options
    Hey all, sorry to post so often. Just wanted to point out something. With all this water drinking thing, it's great. We all need to drink more water. But I just wanted to let ya'll know, there is such a thing as water intoxication, where you drink too much water. Look at this site to check it out: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm. Now, there is really not much chance of any of us drinking this much water, cause it takes a lot. But I just wanted to let ya'll know. People have died from this. And it's okay to drink 8-12 8oz. glasses in a day, and that is safe. So that's almost 100 oz. That's a lot of water and it's still safe. But I just wanted to make sure ya'll know about this. I'm taking a nutrition class right now and this was mentioned and it kinda was interesting. I had no idea you could get TOO MUCH water. I thought you could drink all the water you want. Anyhoo. Just so ya'll know. Please be safe and don't get "water logged."
  • cschmidt42
    cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I had a horrible day yesterday, way too much sugar! Saturday which is ballgame day, is always hard for me, I am a huge football fan and for some reason I just overloaded on sugar!! :frown: But I must pick myself up and go on or I will never reach my goal! :grumble: I have some personal things going on and I am sure I am mostly emotional eating, if I can learn to control that I would be ok. Thanks everyone for listening and for your support!
    I hope everyone has a great Sunday!! :tongue:

Crystal
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I had a horrible day yesterday, way too much sugar! Saturday which is ballgame day, is always hard for me, I am a huge football fan and for some reason I just overloaded on sugar!! :frown: But I must pick myself up and go on or I will never reach my goal! :grumble: I have some personal things going on and I am sure I am mostly emotional eating, if I can learn to control that I would be ok. Thanks everyone for listening and for your support!
    I hope everyone has a great Sunday!! :tongue:

Crystal

The fact that you know your triggers is a good thing. Just pick up start again - like we ALL do. Take it one day or one quarter (during football games) at a time. You can do it!