30 Day Shred ... Starting Sunday/Monday, Oct 9/10 ....

Options

Replies

• LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    L2D2 done
  • miggyxstardust
    miggyxstardust Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ok so I missed doing the shred yesterday because I was out all day and got back at 4am this morning. I just did D3L2, and I'm considering doing D4L2 today as well in order to make up for yesterday. I'm not decided yet, but I'll probably skip going to the gym today and just do the shred again tonight. When I finished D3L2, I was definitely drenched in sweat, but I didn't take any pauses this time, so that was a mini-accomplishment. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether doing the shred twice in one day is good for you? Does it limit the overall results? Any feedback would be appreciated. Well, keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I completed Day1 Lv2 on Friday and rested the weekend as i was in pain with my knees, fully rested now so onto Day2 Lv 2 tonight :-)
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I finished L2D3 yesterday. I'm not sure if I'll get to it today because I have karate tonight. My first day of doing it on Friday was so intense. It is such a workout! I still can't do it without breaking during a couple of sections. Hopefully in a few days, I'll have it. Keep up the good work everybody! I am definitely seeing results. I haven't actually measured yet but I can just see it.
  • NiennaMarie
    Options
    Not been on here for a while because my laptop broke. But I've got a new one and here I am.

Ok, so I got to L2D6 without any breaks, but now my ankles have decided they don't want to cooperate any more so I'm going to have to take a few days off. Really, really gutted because I wanted to do it the whole way through :( But oh well, these things happen.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Im on my last day of level one tonight...so excited to start level 2
  • miggyxstardust
    Options
    So I just finished D5L2 this morning. I was able to get through it without any breaks, so I was pretty proud of that. My walkout plank push ups are also getting better so that makes me happy. I still find myself following Anita a lot, but hopefully at the end of L2, I can follow Natalie. I'm contemplating doing another round today because I want to get to the end of L10 by Friday morning, when I go home. I'm also planning to go to the gym to do some cardio with a buddy, but we'll see if that plays out. Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • gemzy24
    Options
    Day 2 Lv2 completed last night onto Day3 tonight i do find u need alot of strength and determination on this Lv im still taking a breather in between some workouts hopefully ill be able to go all the way through soon well done all :-)
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Looks like you all are doing great!!
    :)
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation I haven't did 30 day shred in 3 days and I really don't have any desire to.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    L2D3 done Yesterday D4 done today and it was a struggle.
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation too! I've taken a few days off due to a busy schedule. But I'm starting L2 today and I'm ready to get back into it!
  • miggyxstardust
    Options
    Hey Kia148 and normusnonaliam!

I know its hard to get motivated to do the shred. I've been trying to wake up early and do the shred first thing, but recently I find my self waking up later and pushing the shred to a little later in the day. The only thing that has been getting me out of bed and doing the workout is the thought of how accomplished I'll feel after I've finally completed this program. This is the first time I've participated in a program, and it is challenging. I'm the type of person that starts out strong on a diet or exercise routine, but then I slowly slack off until I give up completely. I refuse to give up, and this thread has helped to hold me accountable. Anyways, I just wanted you two to know that I'm here cheering you guys on and I'm going through the same issues.

Here's a way I keep myself on track. By the door to my room, I have a few post its asking if I did the shred and my current body measurements and weight. Whenever I see those post its as I leave my room, I push myself to either complete the shred or eat healthier or go to the gym. These constant reminders help to hold me accountable, which I love.

I've also been videotaping a short little segment every day for my personal use. I pretty much just talk about my progress, whether I've completed the shred or not, and whether I want to go to the gym for extra cardio. Once those words or promises leave my mouth and are on that tape, I've always completed the goals that I have set for the day.

Hope this helps! Keep up the good work girls!!!
  • miggyxstardust
    Options
    Ok so D6L2 is done! I'm still sweating up a storm, but that on top of the burning muscles just means that its working! My abs were really sore today, but that made me happy as weird as that sounds. I still hate those plank jacks, but they're getting more tolerable. I'm slowly following Natalie, and I've actually been doing push ups at the end of the walk out-plank-push-up section! Hopefully by the end of the 10 days, I'll be able to follow Natalie through out the whole work out, but that may be pushing it. My D9/10L2 and D1L3 are going to be done on the road, since I'm going home this weekend. This makes me a little nervous because I feel that once I'm home, I'll fall back into bad habits and not do the work out. I guess we will see. Anyways, keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    miggyxstardust- you're doing so great! and thanks for the extra motivation! i did attempt the shred yesterday but only made it through 2 circuits because of a vertigo flare-up. i think my vertigo episode happened because i was slightly dehydrated so i'm going to concentrate on drinking lots of water today and doing the shred tonight.

i just feel bad because i live on the second floor and level 2 has so much jumping!

on a side note, i've lost 4 ish lbs since starting and that's pretty awesome!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Going to be doing Day 5 lvl 2 today. My knees are so bad that I have had to skip alot of days this week. but Ive lost another 2.5 inches this week anyway, so I cant wait for my final results at the end of this level! Granted I cant do jumping jacks or jumping rope at ALL but I modify and do something else just as strenous but not as much of an impact on my knees. I am hoping that by level 3 I can do what I need to do. Knees are getting better but boy do they get to hurting sometimes. I will prob do this 30 day challenge again when Im done and after my knees heal up fully.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Im doing L2D2 today!!!! I know I may be behind some of u but im definetly going to finish this race if it kills me. I really don't see any weight changes yet but I just pray im losing inches...
  • miggyxstardust
    Options
    Ok D7L2 is done!!! I can't believe that I'm getting near the end of level 2. I can't wait to take measurements at the end of L2, but I feel like I haven't dropped any inches. I took my measurements 2 days ago, and they were the same =/ . Oh well, I'm just excited I'm past the half way point, and there is an end in sight! I've also kept up with the extra cardio, which is great! I'm still kind of nervous about this weekend because I know either my workouts and/or my diet is going to be pretty much non-existant when I go home.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am so far behind now...today was Level 2 Day 2...but I am going to push through to the end!!

Good work everyone!!!!
  • gemzy24
    Options
    Ok so i missed Tues night as my body is just not feeling my own it aches all over lol but i pushed myself to complete Lv2 Day3 last night and im going to push on for Day 4 tonight well done all for keeping it up just think of the amazing results at the end of it the pain will be all worth while :-)