Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    DID WE START THIS CHALLENGE SEPT 1ST?!?!? (that would put us at almost 2 full months so far) JUST CURIOUS...

Out of the 26 people left in this challenge, losses are as follows:

8.0+lbs-4 people
    5-7.9lbs-4 people
    2-4.9lbs-5 people
    0-1.9lbs-6 people
    +lbs-7 people

This was interesting to me...so I though I would share! Do you know where you fall?? Do you remember what your initial goal was when you started this challenge?? We have about 1 month left to hit our goals, so let's step it up a notch and focus!!! We can do it!

Suzanne-what's your costume gonna be for the run?!?! that would be so cool!!

Interesting. I put people on the teams as to what their loss goals were...so you have the same pounds loss goal range as those in your groups. Yes...we did our official weigh ins on the 1st of September.

I remember my goal... I'm not quite close yet, but I did just start Turbo Fire yesterday...so I'm hoping the change up will help kick it into gear! :0)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Tara~Thanks for the list! Ive really been struggling and it doesnt look like I'll be reaching my goal weight for this challenge. :grumble: I would have to lose 3.2 lbs a week to make it happen. Well, I might not make it but I'll try to get as close as possible :smile:

Update:

Cals Burned: 2429/3500
    Cups of H20: 62/85
    Days UC: 2/5
    Days US: 3/5
    Days UCarbs: 2/5
    75g+ of Protein: 5/5
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    (caught up through Mon)
    under cals: 3/6
    under sodium: 3/5
    cals burned: 1794/2000 (includes Tues workout-walks)
    10min meditation: 0/3
    70 cups H20 total: 52/70
    cal avg for week 1400: actual~
    weight: 10/19-123.8.........10/26-TBA

Laura-great job girl, you are doing awesome every week!!! I almost forgot that we had an initial lbs lost goal for this challenge...I shot high to try and hit my final goal by Thanksgiving, and I'm pushin as hard as I can to get as close as I can!

Mariam-good luck on your run tonight, and have fun!

Tausha-changing you workout (especially to turbo) is a great way to boost your weightloss!! keep pushing strong!

Renee-that's what I will be doing too...just pushing as hard as I can for this next month...and see where the hard work gets me!!! You are doing great on your workouts and I know you are continuously shooting for great diet goals as well...the scale will get there, with all that hard work!

AFM-I am in the 16-20lbs lost group (I had 17.6lbs to lose to get to my final goal, when we started this), and I have lost 5.8lbs so far....with 1 month left...I am shooting for a total of 10lbs lost during this challenge!!!:bigsmile:

WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE GONNA TRY FOR (LBS LOST-WISE), FOR THIS LAST MONTH?!?!?!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    DID WE START THIS CHALLENGE SEPT 1ST?!?!? (that would put us at almost 2 full months so far) JUST CURIOUS...

Out of the 26 people left in this challenge, losses are as follows:

8.0+lbs-4 people
    5-7.9lbs-4 people
    2-4.9lbs-5 people
    0-1.9lbs-6 people
    +lbs-7 people

This was interesting to me...so I though I would share! Do you know where you fall?? Do you remember what your initial goal was when you started this challenge?? We have about 1 month left to hit our goals, so let's step it up a notch and focus!!! We can do it!

Suzanne-what's your costume gonna be for the run?!?! that would be so cool!!

If you look in my photos and see a green dress like outfit, thats what id be wearing..im missing a few parts to it, but going in something is better then nothing.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Tausha & happy birthday as well

I'm sorry for not keeping up, we had no internet (just paid the bill but using mob lol) I have just caught up. I think it would be a g think I ood idea to join the red team. I will send friends request s when I'm on pc. I will re-start exercising (i know I keep saying it but I will do it)
    I found a dress in my draws I forgot about & would love to wear again. I will take a pic & post it on here.
    I have decided not to have coffee or cakes from work (very hard to resist) there are so many, I'm going to eat the fruit & fruit scones instead. All the sandwiches have cheese or mayo or both in. I'm going back to having soup or a meal from home instead of the high sugar & salt content.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Suzanne-CUTE!!! what are you gonna be then?? you sould be a cute version of Robin Hood if you get a hat and feather!! <<<just thinkin of the green :)

purple (Nat-right?!)- let's see that dress girl!! that way when you get into it, we will all know how far you've come!!!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    10/20--500 calories burned, 21 c water, 0 strength training, under calories
    10/21--500 calories burned, 15 c water, 10 strength training, OVER calories
    10/22--1200 calories burned, 12 c water, 0 strength training, under calories
    10/23--500 calories burned, 15 c water, 0 strength training, under calories
    10/24--205 calories burned, 18 c water, 20 minutes strength training, OVER calories
    10/25--1129 calories burned, 18 c water, 30 minutes strength training, under calories
    10/26--

Calories burned: 4034/3500
    H2O Intake: 99/110 cups
    Under Intake Calories: 4/7 days
    Strength Training: 60/60 minutes
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Tara: Im trying to lose say 2-4lbs! i did lose it but then this week i showed a gain, thinking mostly water due to tom etc. But no matter, ive cut down my cals to 0.5lbs/week which give me 1450 cals to work with and is more than enough. I need to show some restraint to my sweet tooth! plus now more than ever i have a reason to get back into shape!

Laura: wow, your calorie burns are amazing! well done

purple: i think taking your own food is an excellent idea. i tend to get the tins and then i found out their sodium content! eek! so i switched to a healthier option or sometimes make my own. def good idea to stay away from cakes. My office is similar- we are constantly getting tins of chocolate/ biscuits etc from patients! i wish they'd give us some fruit instead! i remember the best present we ever got from one patient was a fruit basket and stationary!

Kory- sounds like a plan. thanks for the info. i do a variation of zigzagging as in i dont have the same net everyday, sometimes its higher sometimes its lower. will try that this week!

suzanne: that sounds like a fab run!

AFM: run was fab! was amazing to see so many people turn up to run in the dark! was so uncanny not knowing what you were running on! we had a combination of hand torches/ head torches and so did very well. We all stuck in groups so no one was lost or hurt. everytime we went round a bend we could see torches floating in the air in the dark (people running) was a very pretty sight! this wasnt a run for pbs, for once i relaxed and enjoyed it!

Calorie burn : 1515/ 3500 cals (1985 to go)
    Run/walk 20 miles: 23.5 miles/ 20 miles DONE
    More fruit and veg: getting better, managing atleast two portions per day
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Update:

Cals Burned: 2779/3500
    Cups of H20: 77/85
    Days UC: 3/5
    Days US: 3/5
    Days UCarbs: 3/5
    75g+ of Protein: 6/5
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Mariam-that run sounds awesome! I used to like practicing (for races) at night...much more calming IMO!! No worries about your weight...I know you will get to your goal easily, and then be right back at maintain!!!!

Renee-I forgot all about adding a protein goal this week (I watch it anyways, so no biggie I guess)...but great job on getting over 75g/day...that is not as easy as it sounds!!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Sorry I'm not keeping up today girls... I've been heartbroken about my dogs. I have made fliers and will be posting them tomorrow. I also had posted ads on Craigslist....and I'm thinking of calling our local radio station tomorrow as one of my MFP's suggested.

thanks for all your prayers and well wishes... I'm losing hope.

The worst part is I suspect one of my neighbors took them and sold them. There's too much that leads me to think this... Long story I'm not going to go into.
  • MunchkinHawk12
    Options
    Tara: Im trying to lose say 2-4lbs! i did lose it but then this week i showed a gain, thinking mostly water due to tom etc. But no matter, ive cut down my cals to 0.5lbs/week which give me 1450 cals to work with and is more than enough. I need to show some restraint to my sweet tooth! plus now more than ever i have a reason to get back into shape!

Laura: wow, your calorie burns are amazing! well done

purple: i think taking your own food is an excellent idea. i tend to get the tins and then i found out their sodium content! eek! so i switched to a healthier option or sometimes make my own. def good idea to stay away from cakes. My office is similar- we are constantly getting tins of chocolate/ biscuits etc from patients! i wish they'd give us some fruit instead! i remember the best present we ever got from one patient was a fruit basket and stationary!

Kory- sounds like a plan. thanks for the info. i do a variation of zigzagging as in i dont have the same net everyday, sometimes its higher sometimes its lower. will try that this week!

suzanne: that sounds like a fab run!

AFM: run was fab! was amazing to see so many people turn up to run in the dark! was so uncanny not knowing what you were running on! we had a combination of hand torches/ head torches and so did very well. We all stuck in groups so no one was lost or hurt. everytime we went round a bend we could see torches floating in the air in the dark (people running) was a very pretty sight! this wasnt a run for pbs, for once i relaxed and enjoyed it!

Calorie burn : 1515/ 3500 cals (1985 to go)
    Run/walk 20 miles: 23.5 miles/ 20 miles DONE
    More fruit and veg: getting better, managing atleast two portions per day

Thanks Maria...i have to burn so many because i love to eat! Hahaha
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been MIA for a few days. I've still been exercising but my eating is not that great. I've been stress eating, so need to get that under control. So needless to say I really haven't been keeping track of my calories. I guess I'll see what the damage is tomorrow at weigh in time. But I'm back on it starting today. I really want to get rid of these last few lbs!! So need to get my head together and stay focused.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Tausha-btw-yes, definately up for continuing on to New Years...if I don't stay in this group, then I may never drink water again! :drinker: Sorry about the doggies :cry: I really hope they just found a pack to run around with and you find them...REALLY hope people didn't sell them (some people have no souls and/or moral and/or purpose in my world)

Tara-Will let you know how ZZ'ing goes. First two days...have learned that it is going to be really hard to eat all of my calories w/o eating crap (and still need to up my protein). I do believe my issue for my plateau is both the fact my body is used to this amount of food and I haven't been eating enough calories for months now. May have to gain a couple to start losing...

It is so hard to get protien! I am a carbivore/nomnivore...don't really care about meat and don't like fruit/veggies at all...gotta focus on it and water!

I didn't set a goal, since I came in the middle...but my goal, at this point, is to get over this plateau and hit as many of the goals as possible!

QUESTION FOR GROUP-Today is my 'high day' for testing out zig zagging...it ends up giving me 1930 calories (my maintanance number of calories). If I end up exercising, it will end up being 2400+ calories. I don't know if I could eat 1930, much less 2400 calories...so should I just not exercise today so I don't have to make that up...or just exercise lightly (maybe slow elliptical and only burn around 200 calories...) I am concerned that I have been staying at an average net that is too low, so I am trying to figure out healthy(er) ways around it...

Update thru Tuesday

*****************************************************************************************
    :smile: Zigzag cals-1130/1130/1930 (net) Rotation: 5/6...Th(1602)...Fr(995)...Sa(2207)...Su(700)...Mo(1171)...Tu(932)...We(
    :huh: under sodium: 3/5...Th(-139)...Fr(181)...Sa(1349)...Su(337)...Mo(-465)...Tu(-233)...We(
    :mad: over 75 g protein: 2/5...Th(88)...Fr(64)...Sa(31)...Su(60)...Mo(84)...Tu(54)...We(
    :smile: burn 2500 calories: 2519/2500...Th(621)...Fr(340)...Sa(0)...Su(510)...Mo(449)...Tu(599)...We(
    :smile: 10 min relax time: 5/5...Th(1)...Fr(1)...Sa(0)...Su(1)...Mo(1)...Tu(0)...We(1)
    :huh: 60 cups of water: 32/60...Th(8)...Fr(4)...Sa(0)...Su(7)...Mo(8)...Tu(5)...We(
    Weight: 10/20 167.6.................10/27
    *****************************************************************************************
    (going to use smiley faces to mark how close I am to goal)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Tausha- I do like the idea of doing other challenges. Being a part of your challenges is keeping me on track. I am also thinking as a fitness challenge, for those who are into Jillian DVDs taking part of a 90 day slimdown challenge with JM...I was thinking in December, doing my 3rd round of shred, rippin it in Feb, and March, maybe doing 6wk6pk and/or No more trouble zones..:bigsmile:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    (caught up through Tues)
    under cals: 4/6
    under sodium: 4/5
    cals burned: 2143/2000 (includes Wed workout)
    10min meditation: 0/3
    70 cups H20 total: 65/70
    cal avg for week 1400: actual~1892 (bad, bad, bad!) :angry:
    weight: 10/19-123.8.........10/26-TBA
    ONE DAY LEFT, AND I GOT IN MY CALS BURNED ALREADY!! WHOOT!:drinker:

Tausha-sorry to hear bout the pups...hope you find them soon:cry:

Kory-LOVE the smiley faces!!! :laugh: As far as you eating back your exercise cals...I go by GROSS cals and not net (maybe my prob too...who knows) I would not NOT workout though...that seems like the worst option...maybe do your regular workout, but eat back only half of the cals....this will still bring your average up, and let you indulge in a treat on those days too!!! I'm glad that you realize and are accepting that you may have a gain first...but I am sure the scale will start in the right direction again soon :smile: as far as protein intake...it def is a learning experience, and through my learning I have found that I really need to have at least 1 protein powder "meal" per day in order to hit my protein goals (70g). So for me I usually have Proats, protein pancakes, or protein fluff!!! and then I like to snack on Greek yogurt and granola, string cheese, and trail mix! hope these ideas help!!

Suzanne-I love that you are planning on more JM DVDs!! I finished the shred 30 out of 30 days back in July, and finished Ripped in 30- 24 out of 28 days back in Septemeber!! I did NOT have a huge loss in lbs...but was pretty happy with the toning in my arms and shoulders, and very impressed with myself that I finished! I may consider joining you on your repeat rounds again...just keep me posted when you are gonna actually start!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've been a little MIA myself, however I've been really trying to be careful with what/how much I eat &, of course, since I'm an exercise addict :tongue: been definitely keeping up with my workouts. I did up my protein, not sure if I saw much difference as I've been getting little sleep due to work & working out.

So, while I haven't lost any weight (still holding at 148!), I do have NSV's which are more important at this point in the game. The trainer at the gym told me today that I have made HUGE changes just in the 2 months since I've been going there, I've toned & firmed up a lot - and this is coming from a women with a PERFECT physique!
    Also, for some of my Team & others that have seen today, I will be going out for Halloween on Friday with Barbie & Ken (aka my Baby Sis & her BF who both have PERFECT bodies & really do look like Barbie & Ken! They're not dressing up as them tho...) & I'm borrowing her dress which is TINY short & she just told me that it looks better on me than it ever did on her because I have the shoulders to wear it & the curves :happy:

OK - so, whatever the scale says from here on out is just "blah blah blah" as I'm seeing changes that are worth A LOT more. Just goes to prove you CAN get fit in your 30's - just wish I had of realized this 10 or 15 years ago!

I would definitely like to keep going on challenges - although I know I can't always log in & update, it's been fun & meeting new MFP's with like mind-sets has been very cool - I think the support has helped me realize a lot more about what & why I'm here :happy:
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I would definitely like to keep going on challenges - although I know I can't always log in & update, it's been fun & meeting new MFP's with like mind-sets has been very cool - I think the support has helped me realize a lot more about what & why I'm here :happy:
    DITTO!! Even though I can't update all the time, I know in staying with a group/challenge will keep me going and on track (at least definitely with exercise). This group is awesome & probably the most active one I've been a part of! :smile:
  • MunchkinHawk12
    Options
    Tausha..so sorry to hearabout your dogs..i hope they get home safely though!!

I am all for another challenge after the buttball babies is over!!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    Options
    10/20--500 calories burned, 21 c water, 0 strength training, under calories
    10/21--500 calories burned, 15 c water, 10 strength training, OVER calories
    10/22--1200 calories burned, 12 c water, 0 strength training, under calories
    10/23--500 calories burned, 15 c water, 0 strength training, under calories
    10/24--205 calories burned, 18 c water, 20 minutes strength training, OVER calories
    10/25--1129 calories burned, 18 c water, 30 minutes strength training, under calories
    10/26--205 calories burned, 15 c water,0 minutes strength training, under calories

Calories burned: 4239/3500
    H2O Intake: 114/110 cups
    Under Intake Calories: 5/7 days
    Strength Training: 60/60 minutes

Good luck tomorrow ladies..let's lose, lose and lose some more!!'