Things Men Don't Understand

Options

Replies

• JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    why doesnt my woman (wife) cook by smell? Her line of thinking is when I can smell the cookies, they are done. Yeah, but when you finally smell them downstairs, they've been done for 10 minutes...hence the charcol black bottoms on the cookies...

An no, the smoke alarm is NOT a timer!!!!

Ahahahhhhahahahah!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    And why does it take you 3 pieces of bread to cook a grilled cheese sammich? You cant speed cook grilled cheese!!!!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Why women keep eating junkfood, then make threads about how to stop eating junkfood.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My man -

He cannot come to terms with why I always need to use 2 towels when I shower. After my shower, I need one for my hair, and one to wrap around my body while I do my make up. Duh.

He also cannot come to terms with the spaceship like attachment at the end of my blow drier.

What else?

I just use one. Dry off then wrap my hair and do my make-up naked, I think my hubby likes that better lol.

My husband doesn't seem to understand the towels need to be folded a certain way or they just don't fit right in the linen closet!

fold in half the long way, fold in half again, then tri-fold it?

YES!! YOU'VE GOT IT!! Why doesn't anyone else in my family know that?
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Okay i am gonna have to side with men on somethings....

I personally do not understand why women write on their eyes with little pencils.
    Why they add EXTRA eyelashes
    How it takes them 3 hours to get ready
    And why they spend so much time on their hands and feet which nobody sees anyways

Thats not true.....many of women have successful websites of just their hands and/or feet.......
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I personally do not understand why women write on their eyes with little pencils.
    And why they spend so much time on their hands and feet which nobody sees anyways

Thats not true.....many of women have successful websites of just their hands and/or feet.......

OMG.....are you serious! do share!! :noway: :yawn: :yawn:
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

OMG.....are you serious! do share!! :noway: :yawn: :yawn:

haha so my ex had a foot fetish ahh it got kinda old actually lol
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    This is something that holds true for me, If I ask a man "where is the drill?" or socket wrench set or hammer or whatever tool that I need that you like to keep track of, it is because I don't know where it is and I need to fix something with that particular tool. I am not asking YOU to fix it... I want to fix it, and I want to do it my way and I want it done now, with the tool that I had originally intended to fix it with. I like fixing things and I am mechanically inclined and I take great pride in the fact that, yes, I might want to cut down that tree with a hand saw and not a chain saw, or I might want to change the oil in my own car or replace the spark plug in the mower. I really, really, really don't want you to do it, I just need to know where'd you put my tools!!!
  • zeleni
    zeleni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Why its great to be a man:

1. Shoes never hurt our feet
    2. We can go to the bathroom alone
    3. We get to be President
    4. Nothing we wear makes us look fat
    5. 50 outfits, one pair of shoes
    6. The world is our urinal.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. :laugh:

Carry one.

I like your humour.. keep it coming!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this thread.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    My husband just can't wrap his mind around that sometimes when I say "no", I really do mean no and I'm not just trying to play some sexual torture mind game with him.

When I ask him to do things for me, it is purely because I'm being lazy or I consider whatever "it" is to be a man's job. It's not because 'I can't do it' like he thinks.

It's his job to go downstairs when I hear something fishy because on the off chance there is something or someone down there, he has a better chance of survival. lol
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    That the world doesn't stop for us when we get sick.

My boyfriend has had a minor cold all week and you would think that he just had surgery to have his spine and good sense removed.

Yes. You have a sore throat and don't feel well.
    Yes. I will take care of you and feed you.

No, I will not pick up the remote and change the channel for you every 30 seconds because its 'just too heavy'.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    umm crying, i cannot understand random emotional outbursts

cannot understand the need to just hold the phone. say what you gotta say and get off the line

yes. and yes. and also our need for a constant flow of compliments.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    My husband does not understand why I felt the urge to buy a pink tool bag. Especially since I am not overly fond of pink. But, now when I need to know where tools are, I don't have to look. They are in my tool bag, which he wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. :laugh:

He does not understand that I feel there is a right and wrong way to load the dishwasher, or why certain things have to be organized a very specific way- in fact, he thinks it's funny to move things and drive me nuts. :grumble: :bigsmile:

He also can't seem to figure out why saying "good morning boobies" and groping me is NOT the same thing as saying "good morning" or "I love you" And I can't figure out how to explain that to him. I asked him how he would feel if I ignored him and just groped his crotch instead... he seemed to think it would be a good idea. :bigsmile:
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    My husband does not understand why I felt the urge to buy a pink tool bag. Especially since I am not overly fond of pink. But, now when I need to know where tools are, I don't have to look. They are in my tool bag, which he wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. :laugh:

He does not understand that I feel there is a right and wrong way to load the dishwasher, or why certain things have to be organized a very specific way- in fact, he thinks it's funny to move things and drive me nuts. :grumble: :bigsmile:

He also can't seem to figure out why saying "good morning boobies" and groping me is NOT the same thing as saying "good morning" or "I love you" And I can't figure out how to explain that to him. I asked him how he would feel if I ignored him and just groped his crotch instead... he seemed to think it would be a good idea. :bigsmile:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I must be a guy or something...

It takes me 5 minutes to get ready to go somewhere (I was often ready before my ex). I don't wear makeup. I sleep with ONE pillow. I take 15 minute showers. I don't own a hair dryer. Oh, and I watch sports. Heh.

Edit: I also dislike both shopping and talking on the phone :laugh:

Maybe this is why I'm always just considered "one of the guys"? :embarassed:
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options

:laugh: My husband thinks boob grabs and a good morning poke is a great way to say "love ya & good morning" too.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    how to put dishes in the sink instead of next to the sink or hell in the dishwasher would be amazing

to empty the food off the plate into the garbage instead of on the counter for hours getting hard as heck to get off or the cats jump up to see /eat

if you put yur clothes in a random pile next to the laundry basket mixed with your work and other clean clothes im not going to know whats what and will not clean any of it.

that if its pouring rain / a blizzard / natural disaster outside i dont want to walk 30 min to the grocery store to get you cans of coke... drive me you lazy *kitten*
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    how to properly grocery shop
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options

:laugh: My husband thinks boob grabs and a good morning poke is a great way to say "love ya & good morning" too.

*Waves from the other side of the boat* So irritating when your trying to get stuff done, like cooking, I'm clearly cooking, don't grope the cook!! *Inserts angry face here*