Unusual Real Names (first name or middle name only please)..

Options
SixCatFaerie
SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
I don't use my real name online ( I do IRL), not because of identity theft or anything like that. I don't use it because most people don't believe me! :laugh: (Username is because of the #of cats I have & the fact that I love faeries!)

My real first name is Pepper! :heart:

Back in the '70's Angie ****inson (love how MFP edits her name for me)was on a show called Police Woman. Her character was named Sgt. "Pepper" Anderson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_Woman_(TV_series)

As a child I hated it because I got made fun of constantly. Every rude, mean, silly thing you can think of & probably more! Have had lots of nicknames over the years as well. Doesn't help that my favorite soda is in fact "Dr. Pepper" either! :bigsmile:

Some of my nicknames have been:
Pep (still in use)
Pepsi
Pepperoni
Doc (used this one when I was a Girl Scout camp leader & all the girls thought I was joking when I told them my real name - had to show them my I.D.!)
Pepe Le Pew (thanks Mom!)

Thank you all in advance for sharing! Really interested in hearing all the cool names! :flowerforyou:

4581915.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• rockeraxXx
    Options
    My little sisters name is CUCA. I think its weird....dont know what my parents were thinking. Pepper is cool. :)
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    Also, what about nicknames generated from your real name? :bigsmile:

4581915.png
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I know someone named Peppy.

My daughter's name is Kitana.
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    Thank you, rockeraxXx! That is an interesting one.

4581915.png
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    That is awesome, Spacecase!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    In college I knew a guy named Hashish.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My maiden name was Bump. Hence why I got married at 18. I swore that if I didn't get married, I would change it. My great-grandfather's name was Forrest Bump. NO LIE.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My middle name is Brook which was purposefully spelled like the stream because my dad is Native American. It's better than his original plan of "Greentree"
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Savannah.

it's not so different anymore, but back 25 years ago you rarely heard of girls with my name.

For nicknames (nothing too original):
    Sav, Savs, Savvy, SavSki (polish!)
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    In college I knew a guy named Hashish.

I used to go to church with a kid named Hashi.
  • adventuring
    Options
    Patience Caprice.

Yes, I have patience. Yes, I'll be patient. Yes, I've heard that joke before. I've heard all the jokes before. All the jokes.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm currently in Philippines where people use a lot of unusual names that is either repeating, doorbell or baby-sounding names like Pot-pot, Ding-dong, Bing-bing, Tin-tin, Din-din, Len-len, Boy, Girlie, Baby, Sunshine, Joy etc.

By the way my real name is Jaclyn. While its not unique name anymore but it used to be back in the 70's (my parents told me they got it from Jaclyn Smith of the original Charlie's Angels). Also I'm one of the only 2 in our family who doesn't carry a Spanish first name.
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    Love 'em! Keep 'em comin'!

4581915.png
  • jessashcher
    Options
    I love the name Pepper, it also reminds me of Pepper on the movie Annie, she was the tough girl in that movie.
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My moms middle name is Fannie, yes as in your butt lol. Its a family name thats been handed down for generations.....thank God my mom ended it there lol
  • SixCatFaerie
    Options
    Loved Pepper from Annie!

Must admit that I love hearing Robert Downey Jr. say my name in the Iron Man movies! Lol!

4581915.png
  • tobi459
    tobi459 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My first name is Tobi... typically a boys name (I'm a girl) - lots of people name their dogs Toby as well. The worst was when I was young the move Roots came out and there is a scene in the movie where a slave is being beaten and the master is telling him is name is now Toby. A lot of kids teased me back then. But now that I'm older and I like my name - I was named after my grandpa - his name was Tobias and they called him Toby for short.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My first name is Cassondra....middle name is DANIEL. Yes, on my birth certificate it says Cassondra Daniel. My mother is half Puerto Rican (but raised in Tennessee...culture virtually lost in the twang and hills of TN) and she didn't know how to spell Danielle. So she just spelled it the way you would in spanish...Daniel. So it is SUPPOSED to be Danielle (I tell people its Danielle.) but it is legally Daniel.
  • windyweather88
    Options
    Windy, not WENDY, Windy...

Yes, I know it's windy outside... yes, I've been to the Windy City.....no, my middle name is not gusty or stormy... ugh, so many more!

It's a terrible song by the Association. My mom was crazy.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I went to school with two unfortunately named young men:

Donald Duff
    Kermit Stevens

No lie!