Unusual Real Names (first name or middle name only please)..

Options

Replies

• BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My son is "C.J." and all his kids are "C.J." too!
    2 girls, 1 boy
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Yeah, spacecase, I've always found it interesting when people name their kids all starting with the same letter!

my mom was making coments about a somewhat large family where all the names started with the same letter, till i reminded her
    her kids were Mark and Melissa . :ohwell:
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    Hoo boy, got some real winners...and these are all true:

Went to school with an Elton Johnson.
    Worked with a woman named Sandra ("Sandy") Beach.
    A former boss of mine was named Richard ("D i c k") Liddle.
    A number of former clients: Mary Christmas. Richard Head. Kent Clarke.
    And my personal favorite: a family named Phuq.

I went to school with a Raymond Rey.
    and my dad worked with a man named Richard Ripper (think about it.)

and your Mary Christmas didnt happen to have a springer spaniel named Holy did she?
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Does Jessamin Annabella count? At least I can fall back on 'Jessie' when receptionists and folks on the phone just can't get their head around 'Jessamin'.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    my son's name is Kieran not really out there but not real common either.

my friend named her child Kerzon (they call him dax)
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My name is incredibly normal. But I have a friend who is a nurse and writes the names for newborns. She's had quite a few "special" ones, but my favorite is:

La-a

Pronounced "La dash a" Not kidding.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    my name is Jovito, pretty unusual I think.
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm 'Krysti' - I have yet to met another 'Krysti' that spells it like me. I came SO close to being named 'Farrah' - my dad had a thing for Farrah Fawcett when I was born...!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Windy, not WENDY, Windy...

Yes, I know it's windy outside... yes, I've been to the Windy City.....no, my middle name is not gusty or stormy... ugh, so many more!

It's a terrible song by the Association. My mom was crazy.

Hey now! I was named after that song too, and I love it! =P
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have always been intrigued but unusual name, especially middle names. Idk y but that's just the way I am. So when I found out I was pregnant for my first child, if it was a girl I knew it was gonna be Aunnazazzii (anna-za-zee) and her middle name was gonna bee Chandelease... If it was a boy it was gonna be Crimson...But thankfully the hormones straightened out... I now have 2 beautiful girl with normal first names and unusual middle names: Olivia Jerni and Emily Hazelanne - both have meanings behind them to make it more special: Olivia;s was a combo of me and her fathers name ( Jennifer + Jeremy) and Emily was a combo of both grandmothers name (Hazel- his mother and Anne- My mothers')
    For nicknames for the girls: I call Olivia, Livie-Lou-Who and for Emily we call her, Emily Hazelnut... it's cute because if you ask her name she'll tell you Emily Hazelnut... LOL

I also have a friend and her name is Rinde pronounced like windy but with a "R" it was somehow a last name that they didn't want to leave the family
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I worked in a doctor's office in high school with a patient named S-hithead (minus the dash of course), pronounced Sha-teed.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    There were twin men in my hometown named Tom and Tommy (Apparently all the other good names were taken.)
    And of course WI had Tommy Thompson for its governor.

My daughter is Kimberly but her nickname is Kika.

I had a nightmare of a last name that I did not pass on to my children, but my brothers did. The kids still get called the same ridiculous names that I did growing up.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I worked in a doctor's office in high school with a patient named S-hithead (minus the dash of course), pronounced Sha-teed.

There was a girl at a local high school with the name Shi'thead. :noway: What are parents thinking?
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Seriously? OMG, I love Trek fans. :love:

Almost forgot: I did have an Aunt Bill. Her name was Wilhemina, she hated it with a passion, always went by "Bill." Not even "Billie," just "Bill."
  • rockabillymama
    Options
    My daughters real names are Shadowlynn Fae and Tirnan Raeleene..... Shadowlynn like Shads as her nickname...i call her Miss lynn
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My little sisters name is CUCA. I think its weird....dont know what my parents were thinking. Pepper is cool. :)

You know that means vagina in some Hispanic countries. In others it means cockroach.
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My Mother worked at billing company and there was a charge put throgh for a Justin Drinkwater... Guess what his middle name was??? Case
    Justin Case Drinkwater... It's now a running joke in the family, if you hear someone say "Just in case" we yell out "drink water"... Hehehe
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    my son's name is Kieran not really out there but not real common either.

Love it! I have a cousin named Bunnie, I knew a girl named Cinnamon, & I used to know people that named their daughter Pandora!
  • jacsen12158
    Options
    My Great Grandmothers name was Steinum Ingermonger Inge.
    She was Icelantic.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    My name is incredibly normal. But I have a friend who is a nurse and writes the names for newborns. She's had quite a few "special" ones, but my favorite is:

La-a

Pronounced "La dash a" Not kidding.

OMG poor child!!!!