Unusual Real Names (first name or middle name only please)..

Options

Replies

• kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My middle name is Omega, and I am the youngest of 5 girls. No, my oldest sister is not named Alpha. I named my oldest daughter Omega Elizabeth after me and one of my sisters. My youngest daughter is named Ynema Toddy after her paternal grandmother (Ynema) and her daddy (Todd).
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    so my middle name is TaLynn....I don't know where my mom got that...My first name is one I hate...Susan...so I go by Sue
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I worked at a hospital and one of the doctors was named Safety First. No joke.
  • mariahp23
    Options
    Everyone calls me Maria, even though my name is Mariah. Yes, like Mariah Carey!
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    I knew a guy once whose full name was Clarence Jackson Goff, but he went by Jack.

Yep, you heard right, he was called Jack Goff.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    As a teacher in an urban area, I've gotten a lot of interesting names, including:

Sparkle
    I'Adorher (pronounced "I adore her")
    Thursday
    Droffil-C
    Yamajesty

And a friend of mine had a student when she was teaching in a really rural area in the south named Sexy Goddess. (Both as her first name...her middle name was Mary. I think that almost makes it worse.)

My husband's name is also completely one of a kind, but if I wrote it, it would be super easy to google both him and me.

I've also heard the La-a from about seven different people who all claim to have heard it from someone close to them ("my aunt works at a hospital;" "my brother's a teacher", etc) - I'm pretty sure it's an urban legend first popularized by Rush Limbaugh. Or there are an awful lot of Ladashas out there.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in Philippines where people use a lot of unusual names that is either repeating, doorbell or baby-sounding names like Pot-pot, Ding-dong, Bing-bing, Tin-tin, Din-din, Len-len, Boy, Girlie, Baby, Sunshine, Joy etc.

By the way my real name is Jaclyn. While its not unique name anymore but it used to be back in the 70's (my parents told me they got it from Jaclyn Smith of the original Charlie's Angels). Also I'm one of the only 2 in our family who doesn't carry a Spanish first name.
    Yep yep. Filipino nick names are the funniest! Lol, my wife's nick name is Len-Len (middle name is Eleanor).
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My cousin's name is April Storm--you can imagine when and what the weather was like when she was born! She hated it when we were girls, but I always loved it.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    i went to elementary school with a girl named kimberly wimberly.. and then in high school i knew a girl named rainy day (first and middle name).. i thought it was cute
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My name is Kahlie (means flower from heaven) my dad is hawaiian.

I wanted to name my son Maverick Ace , I am not letting anyone talk me out of it next time!

Instead his name is Jaiden (picked it out before it was cool)

I dated a guy who's last name was Youngblood, I got a beltbuckle with his last name on it, i thought I was sooo cool too

My stepdaughter's middle name is Chrisleena

Her dads first name Chris, and moms middle name Leena
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    As a teacher in an urban area, I've gotten a lot of interesting names, including:

Sparkle
    I'Adorher (pronounced "I adore her")
    Thursday
    Droffil-C
    Yamajesty

And a friend of mine had a student when she was teaching in a really rural area in the south named Sexy Goddess. (Both as her first name...her middle name was Mary. I think that almost makes it worse.)

My husband's name is also completely one of a kind, but if I wrote it, it would be super easy to google both him and me.

I've also heard the La-a from about seven different people who all claim to have heard it from someone close to them ("my aunt works at a hospital;" "my brother's a teacher", etc) - I'm pretty sure it's an urban legend first popularized by Rush Limbaugh. Or there are an awful lot of Ladashas out there.

Oh no, it's for real. It can also be spelled by Le-a. Sad, but true.
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had a cousin whose real name was Aloma, but she went by Peewee. No joke. Started when she was a baby and stuck throughout her entire life (60-some years!).
  • dznofroses
    Options
    My dad's parents both had the same last name (not related either). The name of the town they grew up in was also their last name (grandfather was related to the man who founded the town). They got married in that town and resided in that town their whole lives. When my dad went off to the navy, and they were doing call, they came to my dad's paperwork and asked, "Who's the idiot that doesn't know where he's from and what his mother's maiden name is?" My dad told us that it took quite some time for them to realize that he wasn't an idiot and wasn't jokester. LOL
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My parents named me Zoe' back when it was still unique. That and I had to be named after someone in my family. I just hate it when people pronounce it as "zo".
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I went to college with a girl named Precious Snow White.
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My middle name is Vallee...sounds like valley.. My mother heard someone call thier little girl vallee when she was pregnant with me and liked it. I was embarrassed as a kid about it but now I like it. It's kind of cool.
  • inammorata
    Options
    I heard of a girl named Pizzazz. Another one in the same school was Ikentina Turner.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I was a substitute teacher for awhile, and some of the names that stick out for me are La-a (pronounced Ladasha), Abcde (pronounced ab-city), and Omunique (kinda like I'm unique).
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I use my real name all the time because it's a real original so almost never am I denied using it for a username on website. It's Tonnina, pronounced Toe-knee-na :-)
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a girl names whisper , i thought it was weird but pretty