Things Men Don't Understand

Options

Replies

• Multistyles
    Options
    Beer + football game = my kinda night.

Then what follows....

Victory sex OR angry-my-team-lost sex.

Either way, you get the three essentials-- BEER, SPORTS, SEX-- in one evening. :drinker:

Life is good.

Fin.
    Awesome, you are full of awsomeness
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    OKAY>> WTF?!?!

Are you SERIOUSLY complaining that your man is doing the dishes wrong? At least he is doing the dishes!!!

Complaining that he is folding laundry wrong? At least he is folding laundry!!!

Complaining that he grabs your boobs? You're right, he's not supposed to like them..

Complaining that he wants to watch football when it's on instead of have sex RIGHT then? Become a ****ing lesbian!!

UGHHH seriously.. Y'all need to pick your battles.. Is towel folding and dish placement really that important?

What ever happened to just hanging out, enjoying each other and not nagging over EVERY little thing?

Yes, there might be towels on the floor and the clothes might not be hung up, and we may sit down and have a beer while watching football and having sex AFTER.. but hell, I have NEVER had a bad relationship and have always been treated like a queen.. why? Cuz I don't give a **** about the petty stuff..

Have you ever lived with a boyfriend??
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend doesn't understand why I clean so much..I let him know if I didn't do it no one else would, and the house would become condemned. This quiets him until he forgets and asks again. :laugh:

ETA: This doesn't make him sound too swell, but he does pick up after himself and helps when I ask. I'm job searching now so I'm around more to take care of everything.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    THAT scene from the BREAK UP is what I don't undertstand of course we not goin to WANT to clean but cuz we love yall we do it, like be in the mall for hrs while u try on dresses and ask us over "how do i look" us "the same u did in the last dress" lol

hahaah THIS is why I never take a guy shopping. I prefer to go alone so I can take as long as I want. :bigsmile:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    After being married for30 years, my husband and I have figured out that most of the things that people argue about is just to petty to matter. I still get irritated by little things like him not cleaning the sink after he shaves. (He cleans but not the way I would like). There are many things that we could argue over. But life is just to short!

Edited to add: I do not take my husband shopping for anything except groceries! He could never understand why it takes me hours to pick out a pair of jeans! I don't think the poor man could handle it.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    OKAY>> WTF?!?!

Are you SERIOUSLY complaining that your man is doing the dishes wrong? At least he is doing the dishes!!!

Complaining that he grabs your boobs? You're right, he's not supposed to like them..

Complaining that he wants to watch football when it's on instead of have sex RIGHT then? Become a ****ing lesbian!!

UGHHH seriously.. Y'all need to pick your battles.. Is towel folding and dish placement really that important?

What ever happened to just hanging out, enjoying each other and not nagging over EVERY little thing?

Yes, there might be towels on the floor and the clothes might not be hung up, and we may sit down and have a beer while watching football and having sex AFTER.. but hell, I have NEVER had a bad relationship and have always been treated like a queen.. why? Cuz I don't give a **** about the petty stuff..

I don't think most of us are really complaining, I know I'm not. I was pretty sure this thread was all meant in good fun, and that's how I responded.

I thought it was simply some of the things men and women see differently, and not necessarily things in a relationship that people fight or nag about.

For example- My husband doesn't get that I think there is a "right" and "wrong" way to load the dishwasher. I think it's fantastic if he loads the dishwasher, however he does it. But sometimes we will be doing dishes together, he'll put something in, and I'll say "that goes up top" He rolls his eyes, moves the dish, and we move on. It's not a fight, just a quirk of mine that he finds confusing.

Same for the boob grabbing instead of a hello. I don't mind that he finds me attractive, we just see differently on what constitutes a proper greeting.:laugh: Usually I'll walk by, he'll grope me in some way, and I'll tell him that doesn't count as a conversation. That leads to some leering, eyebrow wiggling, and his promise that "we'll have a more thorough conversation *later*" :bigsmile: :wink: :devil:
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    OKAY>> WTF?!?!

Have you ever lived with a boyfriend??

Yep, I have lived with a couple boyfriends (obviously not at the same time ;) haha) and have lived with my best guy friends.. personally, I will take living with a man over a woman ANY day..
  • jeninabilan
    Options
    I've had female roommates too and it is ALWAYS drama and bull ****.. they are never happy and nag and complain about everything.. this thread is the perfect example.. it always has to be a complaint.. women are not happy unless they have something to complain about. It's something that they think is "bonding" and strengthens social circles or something.. I will never understand..
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    The only thing he doesn't understand since I'm not a huge girly girl, is why I wrap a towel around me and go into the room and dry off there rather than in the bathroom like he does. But I need room to flip my hair around to dry it and that bathroom is tiny. :|
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I've had female roommates too and it is ALWAYS drama and bull ****.. they are never happy and nag and complain about everything.. this thread is the perfect example.. it always has to be a complaint.. women are not happy unless they have something to complain about. It's something that they think is "bonding" and strengthens social circles or something.. I will never understand..

lol, kinda like what you're doing? :P
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Pillows/Cushions....Why so many???? You can't possibly sleep in a bed with 35 of them!!!!

Amen!:drinker:
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options

its a fun thred, get off your high horse lady ...none of us are actualy nagging or complaining to our signifigant others we are just puting out things that are fun that men dosnt seem to get. sometimes. im sure most people in this thred are in good loving relationships . you dont seem to get this consept
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Honestly though, I've never been too girly so I don't have like a fluffillion pillows, and I'm not really over-complicated. I guess my SO got real lucky with that :laugh:
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    Why "K" is the lamest reply ever created. Buy a vowel?

Ok

LOLOLOL SEE WHAT I DID THERE

I kill myself, I am so funny.

Right?

... guys?
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Honestly though, I've never been too girly so I don't have like a fluffillion pillows, and I'm not really over-complicated. I guess my SO got real lucky with that :laugh:

my SO uses more blankets and pillows then even i do lol
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

my SO uses more blankets and pillows then even i do lol

Haha, I use two pillows, he uses one, but we share a blanket, and the only pillow on our bed are the ones we use lol
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    is it so hard to finish one bottle of shampoo or conditioner before moving on to the next one?

*raises hand* guilty! :embarassed: lol. I leave my bottles everywhere!
  • jeninabilan
    Options
    yep.. high horse, that's me ;)

I didn't make my statements to make friends.. I'm a *****, it's a known fact.. But at least I know how to treat a man and appreciate him.

Grab a beer, kick up your feet and chill the **** out..

:)
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Jenina, I so agree, they so need to. I think the problem is that most women think its fun to complain. The other women and men tell jokes and funny stories. I think jokes are more fun. Maybe its just me but then again, ill never understand women.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Wow... this thread really went awry. Listen, men and women have quirks.... I believe the OP started this as a way to joke about those quirks. Me? I don't care HOW my husband folds the towels, does the dishes, etc.... I appreciate that he does.... lol, but yeah, in the end - in my head, MY WAY is the right way.

The shampoo and conditioner thing? So many of us women are guilty of that... it's a quirk and I'm sure it kinda drives my husband bonkers... but he loves me, and he deals with it.

Jenina, I prefer to be around men more than women too.... but seriously, you came in to a fun-loving thread and doused a big ol wet blanket on it. No one was actually "COMPLAINING" about their SO. Ok, well maybe I was last night a bit... dammit, I really wanted my apple! LOL... but hey, he saved me the calories.

I'm married to the most amazing man in the world, who after 6 years of marriage and 8 years together still completely rocks my world on a daily basis. We revel in each others quirks! Shoot - we find constant humor in it... we're constantly flipping the toilet paper roll around on one another. Because I like the toilet paper to come over the roll, he likes it to come out under. He's 6'3 - I'm 5'2 - he doesn't understand the way that I've arranged our cabinets... but then again - he doesn't understand that it's like to have the top shelf be a complete waste of space. On the good side... he can hide all of his junk food on the top shelf and I'll never know it's there. LOL. Differences are fun - and laughing at them is fun - it doesn't mean we're complaining!