support group for losing those last 10 lbs.

Options

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    A lot of great advice! For the ladies who are doing strength training do you do a DVD or lift in the gym? And for how long? Interested in getting started.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    bump for later
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A lot of great advice! For the ladies who are doing strength training do you do a DVD or lift in the gym? And for how long? Interested in getting started.

I do p90x, p90x plus and have just ordered p90x 2. I also do strength training in circuits to mix it up! you should go for it...start off with compound movements..squat with a press, bicep curls and single leg lunges, and overhead tricep extension with a plie squat..do each exercise for a 1 minute each..repeat the circuit 3 x's. At the end of each minute you should feel fatigued...maybe start with 5-7 lbs..or more if you can. I also like to throw in a cardio with the other 3 exercises and a core move..making it 5 exercises per rotation. Make sense? It makes it more fun and keeps your heart rate up to burn more calories..have fun!
  • CAlexRose
    CAlexRose Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My issue is not eating enough calories. I average about 1000/day even though I do weight training, HIIT, etc. I also need to watch the sugars (I have PCOS/insulin resistance).
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I cant sleep so I made this spreadsheet that we can record on

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhetdXDEqVlldE5pSlBQTHZKU2NsM1dqVHVDQkF0SGc

You can edit it yourself.

im going to try to go back to sleep for 2 hours before i need to get up:yawn:
  • aussiesarah
    aussiesarah Posts: 68 Member
    Options

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhetdXDEqVlldE5pSlBQTHZKU2NsM1dqVHVDQkF0SGc

Thanks for the spreadsheet! I've entered my details for this week.

No change for me I'm afraid. However, I've just changed my calories in the last couple of days so I'm not going to panic until next weeks results. I'm also reducing the Body Pump to once a week and upping the cardio (swimming & running) so we'll see if that helps too.

Good luck everyone for your weigh ins today :o)
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

I added mine too. I haven't gone down any, but I'm happy because this week I've changed my calories from maintenance (and I was actually eating 100-200 above maintenance) to half a pound a week. And I've also increased my workout schedule this week: increasing running mileage from 35 to 38, adding sprints on tuesdays and hill repeats on thursdays (did that in the rain this am - what a workout!). I had a major case of DOMS yesterday, and actually still today from the sprints on tuesday - I was a whopping 161 yesterday, so I'm happy it's back down to 157 - gotta love those fluctuations. Now NEXT week, I'm hoping for a loss - pretty please :)

Oh and a little side note, I managed to be -1 calorie for everyday so far this week (1 calorie over my goal for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) - I've never been that close so many days in a row, kinda weird. I know it's all just an estimation but still, it's kinda cool.

Good luck everyone!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options

Thanks for doing the spreadsheet. I've added my info as well. I'm actually down 0.8 lb from last week. Considering I felt like I didn't have such a great week....I'll take it!! :smile:
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    weighed in at 134.4 today. my goal is 127. so i have 7.4 lb to go.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

Great idea! I just added my info.

Now to answer the questions for the week:

* weighing in on Thursday..be sure to post your weight
    I just checked back in my history that I log, and I have been roughly the same weight since mid-September. Still 146.8 and am trying to get to 145.

*let us know at the end of the week what you thought worked for you or didn't
    Since my losses came to a stop, I upped my calories to maintenance (2 weeks ago), giving me an extra 200 calories daily with zero change. The question is, am I maintaining or still plateauing? I am going to continue with these increased calories until Monday. If there is no change by then, I am going to rethink how I have MFP set (activity level and whatnot).

*try doing the exercises through the week that you don't care for (mine is core)
    I briskly walk daily and do pilates 2x week. I have been doing push-ups at home on the exercise ball, which I loathe, however my arms are weak and need the strength exercises.

*positive attitude..its about the journey
    Still working on this one. If the losses were painfully slow but steady, it is easier for me to keep a positive attitude. I am happy with my size for the most part, so that keeps me going. I just want to lose the last couple pounds so I have a comfortable swing weight to allow for fluctuations. I am still too close to 150 for my liking.
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just weighed in at 138.9lbs today. My goal is to maintain my weight at 130-135lbs. I put down 130 so that I will have some wiggle room for the holidays:wink:

This week, I did pretty much the same workouts that I always do: Navy group workouts M/W/F with some strength training, stairmaster & elliptical at home. I try to burn at least 400 calories every weekday, and I try to do at least a short walk once over the weekend. My aim for next week is to lower my daily calorie goal by 100 so that I have a bigger deficit going into the weekends. I started that yesterday, so I will report on how it is working at the next weigh-in. My weekends, I have been having a "free meal" Sat/Sun and I think I am overdoing it slightly. My weight always goes up over the weekend, and I have to work hard all week just to get back to my Friday weight by Wednesday. My biggest goal is to do better with that, b/c I don't think that is healthy for my body to fluctuate weight so extremely(five pounds) every single week for the past month or so...:ohwell:

My exercise that I am adding that I do not like is strength training to help with toning/tightening up since I am at my goal size, I just don't like my BF% or my belly fat.

I am trying my best to keep a positive attitude. This support group will work wonders for helping out with that:flowerforyou:
    Thanks sooo much for doing this! Hope everyone had great results at their weigh-ins. I'll check the spreadsheet out later.
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies:
    I entered my info on the spreadsheet too..Thank you..great idea!:-)

Well this week I finally started to eat back some of my exercise calories and Net anywhere from 1300-1600.
    Im also trying the zig zag calorie method to see if that "shakes" things up.
    I added in an extra core work out too!;-)
    So...weighed in and Im still at 150..which I have been for a week now.

Im not discouraged, Im still going to eat a bit more and zig zag...looking forward to next week.

Hang in there everyone!!!!
    Amy
  • trammellsheryl06
    trammellsheryl06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Four pounds to go. Long journey.... I have today's update pics but don't know how to post them in the thread. :-(
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    Weighed in at 137.6 this morning! 10.6 lbs to go until goal!
    This week I seriously upped my cardio, but have been trouble eating all my exercise calories. I also upped my intake from 1200 to 1300 last week and I think the extra calories are hopefully bumping my metabolism up.

This weekend is homecoming/halloween so I have to work super hard at the gym to make up for the partying. I know I'll be getting all my exercise calories back with alcohol so I better kick my own butt
    Haven't burned any less than 650-700 a day so far this week so I'm trying to stick with that
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    how tall are you and what is your body frame? that's what i used to determine goal weight. I am 5'4" and medium frame so going with 127. I feel like when I get below 125 it is unmaintainable for me. what about you all?
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I entered my info on the spreadsheet too! Thanks it looks great!
    Had a stalled out kind of week but I kind of figured I would- I was sick the first couple of days so there has been NO exercise (other than our nightly walks) all week. Man I will be in pain come Monday!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! When I weighed in last week I was at 162, today I'm at 160.5! I have been eating at a higher calorie amount for a week and it must be helping. So I'll continue to do what I'm doing, and hopefully these last 10 pounds will be gone in the near future!

This week I'm going to work on more core work and free weights.

My ideal weight is is anywhere from 132-174lbs; I could never get down to 132 without croaking, so I chose 150.

I hope everyone has a great weigh in!

ETA: I cannot wait to get into the 150s, I haven't been there since before I had my daughter in 2007! It's going to be a huge milestone. :smile:
  • tracimy9
    Options
    I did weigh in today, but our scale is clearly broken...or just messing with me because I feel great - even at a time I am usually + lbs bloated - and the number hasn't moved, so no numerical progress to get excited about yet but I'll take feeling good over the number.

I realized I haven't really upped my caloires as much as I probably should. Weird to feel so skittish about it, you'd think I'd be excited to eat more....

Talked to a trainer and have switched up some of my workouts, took out so much spin, started doing bicycling movement on the floor as core work (does that even make sense?) to keep my legs from getting bigger. They're toned, just don't want to keep increasing them. We'll see how this goes.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Entered my weight :)

I am a 31 year young wife to an Awesome hubby, and mommy to two(boy and girl) I am 5'5 and saturday I weighed in at 147.0...my original goal was 140...I don't remember ever being under that, and I know I was 'ok' with that weight...but I would like 135...so I have changed my goal to that...and really like my signature says doens't matter the # as long as I'm lean, sexy and healthy :)

Right now I am on the injured list :( Pinch nerve in neck, vertrabrae out of alignment :grumble:
    So right now my calorie intake is 1275.
  • jbreilly
    jbreilly Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I entered my info on the spreadsheet too. Thanks for creating it!

I weighed in at 137 today! That is 4.5lbs since I started MFP 4 weeks ago. I hope I can keep up the progress. I entered my "goal weight" as 120 but to be honest I would ecstatic with 125lbs (I haven't seen the 120s in I don't know how long). If I can maintain the same pace I should be at 125lbs by Christmas (fingers crossed).

I am training for a 10K on November 6th so my workouts are generally running (I am using a training schedule) and some abs. I guess it definitely the abs that I don't like and really need to make a push to focus on that more because that is the place I need the most work. So, core/abs will be my focus again this week.

What worked...I have no idea. This week my body just seemed to respond better. I actually missed a run or two off my training schedule so maybe it was the small break that helped me out. I know I should be probably eating more calories but it is difficult. I agree, you would think I would be happy to eat more. Again, another goal for this week.

Congrats to everyone on another week of sticking with it!