Lose 10lbs by Thanksgiving (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Began 30 day shred yesterday. So adding that to my crunches, hydrants and dancing. Also bought Just dance 3, love it. I problably did an hour and 20 minutes of exercise not including hydrants and crunches. Plan is 20 minutes of shred and 40 minutes of dancing or cardio. Boy it is hard fitting in exercise in my schedule. I didn't realize how limited my time was.

Anyway, having a problem with my weight loss. I've been craving carbs like crazy, don't know if it is because I am exercising now. I am gaining weight, but my calories haven't gone over 1700 (once) and I stay around 1200. The average for the past week was actually under goal. Some of my food choices have not been the greatest, and I haven't been eating my leafy greens. But I don't see the reason for almost 5 pounds in as many days. Kinda crazy. I'm not that worried though, because I am mostly doing what I should, I feel good, and despite some of the bad choices, I am still eating well overall (nutrients). Still, a little perplexing though. And yes, I am drinking my water. I do think some of it is water weight, could it be muscle weight gain already? :huh: :ohwell:
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Began 30 day shred yesterday. So adding that to my crunches, hydrants and dancing. Also bought Just dance 3, love it. I problably did an hour and 20 minutes of exercise not including hydrants and crunches. Plan is 20 minutes of shred and 40 minutes of dancing or cardio. Boy it is hard fitting in exercise in my schedule. I didn't realize how limited my time was.

Anyway, having a problem with my weight loss. I've been craving carbs like crazy, don't know if it is because I am exercising now. I am gaining weight, but my calories haven't gone over 1700 (once) and I stay around 1200. The average for the past week was actually under goal. Some of my food choices have not been the greatest, and I haven't been eating my leafy greens. But I don't see the reason for almost 5 pounds in as many days. Kinda crazy. I'm not that worried though, because I am mostly doing what I should, I feel good, and despite some of the bad choices, I am still eating well overall (nutrients). Still, a little perplexing though. And yes, I am drinking my water. I do think some of it is water weight, could it be muscle weight gain already? :huh: :ohwell:

I am actually having the same problem!! I gained 3lbs this week but I just posted something on my profile and my friends are telling me that it could be numerous reasons. Such as water weight and muscle weight since I been working my muscles. So dont let that discourage you. I was depressed earlier but my friends have def made my day better cause I know I been doing the right thing. So just keep doing what you are doing and dont let that get you down!!!
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Goodmorning ladies week 1 challenge is almost over and yall have done really good!! I cant tell yall enough how proud I am of yall!! But butt is sore, my legs are sore, abs feeling pretty good.

I got on the scale this morn and it showed I gained 3lbs but I know I been doing the right thing MINUS Sunday. So It gotta be muscle weight cause my legs are killing me!!! Hopefully Fri morn it will be a small change.

As far as snacks under 100 calories I eat fiber one 90 calories brownies and the bars. They are really good. I love icecream so I eat Skinny cow icecream too they are a lil over 100 calories but not much. Hmmm I cant think of any meals under 400 cal but please share ideas with us on some good healthy meals and healthy snacks!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!! :happy:
  • star9401
    star9401 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I am actually having the same problem!! I gained 3lbs this week but I just posted something on my profile and my friends are telling me that it could be numerous reasons. Such as water weight and muscle weight since I been working my muscles. So dont let that discourage you. I was depressed earlier but my friends have def made my day better cause I know I been doing the right thing. So just keep doing what you are doing and dont let that get you down!!!

^^^^QUOTE ABOVE^^^^^^

I am up about Two Pounds myself I was feeling guilty for the Friday Weigh in, but I am working out so much it must be muscle building and water retention, I am hungry a lot too. Usually eating beween 1200-1400 calories. Still makes me scale angry.
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

^^^^QUOTE ABOVE^^^^^^

I am up about Two Pounds myself I was feeling guilty for the Friday Weigh in, but I am working out so much it must be muscle building and water retention, I am hungry a lot too. Usually eating beween 1200-1400 calories. Still makes me scale angry.

Thanks guys. I did read some other posts and there are indeed a variety of reasons. I did get a little into the "what's the point/ hell" mode, and had some ice cream last night. But only a little. Back on track today with what some call "clean eating" and I can already tellthe difference. I am eliminating water a lot more than I have in the past few days even though I have drinking the same amount. Weight gain with the muscle was new to me though. Feel tons better.

Good Luck
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Ladies make sure we are eating enough. My trainer said that when you exercise a lot you must consume more food to give the body energy to burn fat. i know there are many day i don't hit my 1200 calories and the with exercise its shows that i should have eaten 1600 calories or more. Don't forget to watch the salt. That can also cause our bodies to hold on to water which will give us weight gain. Hope this helps.
  • ladyprincess99
    ladyprincess99 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Ladies!!! :)
  • yeaforme
    Options
    Hello!

So far so good. I made some pumpkin bread last night and had 1/2 slice this morning. I also had a grapefruit and it sent my sugar count Waaaaay over the top. Now I'm feeling guilty and I'm pouting about it.

Is the higher sugar day going to mess up my weight loss?

Thanks
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Hello!

So far so good. I made some pumpkin bread last night and had 1/2 slice this morning. I also had a grapefruit and it sent my sugar count Waaaaay over the top. Now I'm feeling guilty and I'm pouting about it.

Is the higher sugar day going to mess up my weight loss?

Thanks

It shouldnt mess you up. Actually my co worker was on a grapefruit diet and it works really good. BUT I also heard the cons about grapefruit as far as it having toooo much acid in it!!
  • HavenIryxia
    HavenIryxia Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I can never be 100% spot on will all my categories. I am usually always good on my sodium and calories but I can't keep on top of the others. But I haven't had any weight loss problems because of it, which is nice. I just don't get too down on myself if I can't keep on top of the other categories because I am not sure how accurate they are on my allowances anyways :D
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey yall, just checking in. How is everyone? I have been doing good with my eating and getting those crunches and hydrants in. I'll check back in later. Lets get it in and keep up the good work.
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Hello ladies week 1 challenge is almost over with YAY!!!!! Yall have done such an awesome job!! I already see where ppl from the challenge have lost weight. Some of us gained but its ok we been doing the right thing thats all that matter.

I am gonna post the mini challenge for week 2 in the morning BUT we are not going to start until Friday. It will just give those that need to go to the store time to go and get things for Friday and the next days after!! :happy:
    Its not bad yall I promise but its def gonna be challenging for those that love to eat out!! Have a good evening!!! Chat with yall tomorrow.
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    Can't wait for the next challenge..... Cooking!! LOVE IT Can I just say that those fire hydrants are serious business, I can totally feel the burn. Hope everyone is doing good and that Friday treats us well.
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day all!

I hope it has been a great week for everyone so far. Those crunches/hydrants have been difficult for me to do everyday. I've noticed when I do more crunches that my belly sticks out more. Does anyone else have that happen?:ohwell: I noticed that my stomach feels harder when I touch it though, so I guess my abs are getting stronger?? I'm excited to hear the new challenge and I'm looking forward to having some progress at the weigh-in Friday. I hope everyone will have a great weigh-in.:flowerforyou:
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Such a bad week for me. I've been trying to watch my calories since I can't fully work out yet thanks to a back injury from a few weeks ago that is still healing. I will say it feels like the crunches and fire hydrants seem to be helping speed up the healing process. I tried a small bike ride last night since the weather was so nice here. It was only 5 miles though (and I soooo felt every bump and tightness a few hours later) and I had been doing between 12 and 17 miles per ride... definitely getting antsy about doing a long ride again! Sorry just needed to vent a bit because this whole having problems moving sometimes is getting old! I don't think I'll do well at the weigh in this week. :-/

I can't wait for the cooking challenge! Now I have an excuse to bug my my husband to finally fix our oven (the igniter went out) since I can only do so much crock pot and stove top cooking!

Hope you all have had a great week!!
  • MaterMama
    Options
    Did my 100 crunches and my fire hydrants. Also did 30DS today was level 1 day 3. And some random cardio as I was checking what was available on ON DEMAND. lol I tried to do a belly dancing one. I was awful. lol This week I have learned I have no coordination and no flexibility.

Looking forward to our next challenge and a bit scared.

Are we supposed to continue this weeks challenge next week with the new one?
  • AML04143
    Options
    morning all! 166.2lb today...up 1.8 from last week. not sure what my deal is....if i'm eating the wrong foods, not tracking my calories properly, or not eating enough calories, but i'm pretty bummed about the results. leaves a lot to be desired, that's for sure. i'll just have to try harder for next week--really be honest in tracking every morsel/bite/lick/taste, and up the cardio/exercising and water intake. congrats to everyone who lost this week!
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello girls!! I've been traveling for work and just got back. I have to say that I'm pretty proud of my food while traveling. I've been getting my crunches and fire hydrants in, but have had a hard time getting to all the cardio. I make up for my dinner at Lydia's on Monday night by hitting the eliptical when I got back to the hotel. It made me feel much better about myself by going. It's just really hard to eat all the right foods when you're eating out every meal and sitting in airports. I've done pretty good, but am ready to be back to my routine for the next week.
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    morning all! 166.2lb today...up 1.8 from last week. not sure what my deal is....if i'm eating the wrong foods, not tracking my calories properly, or not eating enough calories, but i'm pretty bummed about the results. leaves a lot to be desired, that's for sure. i'll just have to try harder for next week--really be honest in tracking every morsel/bite/lick/taste, and up the cardio/exercising and water intake. congrats to everyone who lost this week!

Don't be too hard on yourself. It could be anything, water retention, more muscle built than fat lost. I would definitely focus on the water intake and lower the sodium intake. I haven't had a chance to go look at your diary, but have you had a lot of carb intake? Maybe add more protein and less carbs??? Stick with it!! You're doing great with all your yoga.
  • divainprogress2012
    Options

Don't be too hard on yourself. It could be anything, water retention, more muscle built than fat lost. I would definitely focus on the water intake and lower the sodium intake. I haven't had a chance to go look at your diary, but have you had a lot of carb intake? Maybe add more protein and less carbs??? Stick with it!! You're doing great with all your yoga.

I AGREE!! I am having the same prob but def looking at the positive side of it!! Hang in there!!