Things Men Don't Understand

Options

Replies

• nifnif
    nifnif Posts: 22
    Options
    It's not that they aren't understandable. It's that they think they're ridiculous.

I don't understand why women complain about men not understanding them, when they make no effort to understand or accept why men do some things that they do, or try to look past their stereotypes of men.

P.S., i am a girl
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Why can't men understand that when they ask us what's wrong and we say, "Nothing"... that it's SOMETHING and they should be able to figure it out... lol
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    "Why can't a woman be more like a man?
    Men are so decent, such regular chaps;
    Ready to help you through any mishaps;
    Ready to buck you up whenever you're glum.
    Why can't a woman be a chum?

Why is thinking something women never do?
    And why is logic never even tried?
    Straightening up their hair is all they ever do.
    Why don't they straighten up the mess that's inside?

Why can't a woman behave like a man?
    If I was a woman who'd been to a ball,
    Been hailed as a princess by one and by all;
    Would I start weeping like a bathtub overflowing,
    Or carry on as if my home were in a tree?
    Would I run off and never tell me where I'm going?
    Why can't a woman be like me?"
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Okay i am gonna have to side with men on somethings....

I personally do not understand why women write on their eyes with little pencils.
    Why they add EXTRA eyelashes
    How it takes them 3 hours to get ready
    And why they spend so much time on their hands and feet which nobody sees anyways

Really! I Love make up. And my BF ALWAYS notices when I get a new nice french manicure - I like to look good for myself. Makes me feel good :)
  • JennaM222
    Options
    Mine waits to get ready to go out until I am done. Although it takes him half the time to get ready now I have to wait. Or he will take a shower while I am doing my hair..... hello I dont need the extra humidity in the air.....

Argh! Mine does this too. I am trying to blow dry my hair while you are taking a hot shower?
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Pillows/Cushions....Why so many???? You can't possibly sleep in a bed with 35 of them!!!!
    Is that a challenge??? :)
  • JennaM222
    Options
    Why can't men understand that when they ask us what's wrong and we say, "Nothing"... that it's SOMETHING and they should be able to figure it out... lol

I have come the conclusion they really have no clue. They honestly dont. Men are so simple. you HAVE TO TELL THEM EXACTLY what is wrong if you want a reaction.change/things to get better.

Poor men, so clueless.
  • JennaM222
    Options
    OKAY>> WTF?!?!

Are you SERIOUSLY complaining that your man is doing the dishes wrong? At least he is doing the dishes!!!

Complaining that he is folding laundry wrong? At least he is folding laundry!!!

Complaining that he grabs your boobs? You're right, he's not supposed to like them..

Complaining that he wants to watch football when it's on instead of have sex RIGHT then? Become a ****ing lesbian!!

UGHHH seriously.. Y'all need to pick your battles.. Is towel folding and dish placement really that important?

What ever happened to just hanging out, enjoying each other and not nagging over EVERY little thing?

Yes, there might be towels on the floor and the clothes might not be hung up, and we may sit down and have a beer while watching football and having sex AFTER.. but hell, I have NEVER had a bad relationship and have always been treated like a queen.. why? Cuz I don't give a **** about the petty stuff..

Have you ever lived with a boyfriend??

LOL THIS. This thread was meant to be light hearted and silly. We ALL have little quirks. I know what I do that bothers my BF and he hasnt even said anything about it once. I do my make up on the bathrom by "his" sink becasue it is closest to the outlets. He is slightly OCD and I know it drives him crazy when I forget to rinse the sink after apply my bronzer becasue golden little flakes fly everywhere. I know it drives him crazy becasue when I exit the bathroom after getting ready he B lines in there and pretends to wash his hands. I go in there...sink it spotless. lol
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

I didn't make my statements to make friends.. I'm a *****, it's a known fact..

:laugh: Save it for a bumper sticker, sweetheart.

You need to unclench-- this is all fun & games. I was reading some of the posts to my boyfriend last night who thought it was hilarious because it's things ALL couples go through, the tiny quirks that are fun to laugh at.

I have a feeling that if there were a thread where men were complaining about things women don't understand, you'd join right in with them.

Besides-- I absolutely adore grabbing a beer, kicking my feet up and relaxing with him. But he had better use a coaster. :happy:
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    OKAY>> WTF?!?!

Are you SERIOUSLY complaining that your man is doing the dishes wrong? At least he is doing the dishes!!!

Complaining that he is folding laundry wrong? At least he is folding laundry!!!

Complaining that he grabs your boobs? You're right, he's not supposed to like them..

Complaining that he wants to watch football when it's on instead of have sex RIGHT then? Become a ****ing lesbian!!

UGHHH seriously.. Y'all need to pick your battles.. Is towel folding and dish placement really that important?

What ever happened to just hanging out, enjoying each other and not nagging over EVERY little thing?

Yes, there might be towels on the floor and the clothes might not be hung up, and we may sit down and have a beer while watching football and having sex AFTER.. but hell, I have NEVER had a bad relationship and have always been treated like a queen.. why? Cuz I don't give a **** about the petty stuff..

May I suggest decaf?
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't understand why it takes me 1 1/2 hours to get ready and constantly nags at me about it. My response is "Do you like the way I look when I'm done?" .. "Well, yeah." .. "Then stop complaining." :)

He also doesn't understand why I have to have the house organized before I can leave it. He just throws things anywhere and calls it good. Drives me crazy.

Oh, and why I make him rinse out the bathroom sink after shaving and brushing his teeth. Will he be the one deep cleaning that bathroom and have to scrub all that crap off? Uh, I think not.

^^^This!!!!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Okay, how bout a LOL CAT to settle some nerves :)

HappyCat_RE_Osama_Bin_Laden_is_dead-s500x375-171173-580.jpg
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why my wife needs a minimum of one foot of blankets on while she sleeps and no less than 3 pillows. I thought I married a woman not a gerbil.

I don't understand why when you ask if there is anything wrong and they say "No" when there clearly is something wrong.

I don't uderstand why all that goes wrong in the house is the man's fault.

Or why we shouldn't act like there are "man" roles and "woman" roles but then when they want a tire changed or fix something they tell us "You're the man, it's your job". I say, "OK then, get in the kitchen and make me sammich."

Why is it that us guys are always the ones are wrong?
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Why in a restaurant the need to go to the bathroom always occurs in pairs. unsure.gif

I don't like a chaperon when I pee.

Me neither. BUT when I do this, it's usually because I need to talk about something that just occured!
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Pillows/Cushions....Why so many???? You can't possibly sleep in a bed with 35 of them!!!!

Gonna have to say that I HATE ALL THOSE PILLOWS!!!!!!!!!!! My Mom is a pillow-*kitten* and I can't STAND them! I always ask her WHY so many pillows. No valid reason. Just.. let it go. :)
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Why in a restaurant the need to go to the bathroom always occurs in pairs. unsure.gif

I don't like a chaperon when I pee.

Me neither. BUT when I do this, it's usually because I need to talk about something that just occured!
    And that's why you guys are so obvious of what you're up to. When you go on a double date and both of the ladies leave the table to go the bathroom you know they're going to be talking about the two guys.
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    This makes me so glad I'm single!!

LOL same here! I'm struggling to think of something because no one is nagging me :)
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    I don't understand why my wife needs a minimum of one foot of blankets on while she sleeps and no less than 3 pillows. I thought I married a woman not a gerbil.

I don't understand why when you ask if there is anything wrong and they say "No" when there clearly is something wrong.

I don't uderstand why all that goes wrong in the house is the man's fault.

Or why we shouldn't act like there are "man" roles and "woman" roles but then when they want a tire changed or fix something they tell us "You're the man, it's your job". I say, "OK then, get in the kitchen and make me sammich."

Why is it that us guys are always the ones are wrong?

It's typically his job to take the garbage down the 3 flights of stairs to the dumpster. Which is why I end up saying 'the hell with it' and doing it, because since it is, in fact-- THREE flights of stairs-- he will let it collect as long as possible and by then the stench is killing me.

Also, I change my own tires and oil, so I think in some couples the gender roles aren't as clearly defined.
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    Why women don't think it's funny when somebody farts, burps, or trips and eats it. All these things are funny.

i think all those things are funny!

Me too! Stop grouping us all into a big whiny boring bubble :)
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Tell him if he wants you to look just like him, you'll ditch the blow dryer attachments, chop off your hair and ditch one towel and everything else he finds sexy like nail polish, nice clothes, heels, etc.