**CLOSED** Skinny Chics & A Rooster **CLOSED**

Options

Replies

• StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Woot woot yay Steph and Eileen for breaking out of the 250s! Great job ladies. I am proud of you.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Way to go Stephanie & Eileen!! So happy for both of you. Very proud that you are reaching your goals!!!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Way to go Stephanie & Eileen!! So happy for both of you. Very proud that you are reaching your goals!!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    WTG Eileen on breaking that 250 barrier too!!! Look at our ladies on the move!!!

So, I wanted to share this NSV with you gals and guy, and I toyed with adding it to my self-compliment on the other thread but decided here is more appropriate:

Even though I'm up a little from Monday's weigh-in (pizza does it every time :blushing: ), I was still feeling good this morning and trying to figure out what I was going to wear. I pulled out my work pants that at the end of the school year I almost couldn't get on and button (had to lie on the bed and stop breathing), which fit perfectly now, and I dug to the back of the closet for a shirt I haven't worn in over a year. Last time I put it on, it was so tight (and it's nearly sheer in some places) that I couldn't wear it because you could count my fat dimples through it. I put it on this morning and it just slid over the top half of me and my belly. When i stand, it barely touches my skin. I'm even wearing a sweater over it that I had purposely bought a size too small on clearance because I thought it was cute. The sweater is a 1x, and it wouldn't even close around me without being so stretched out. It now lays almost in a closed position naturally.
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Well hells bells ladies Yer all on a roll ;)

Bobbie
    --Congrats on your clothing victories. I think wearing baggy clothing that used to be tight is probably the best motivation you can give yourself. You've worked far too damn hard Bobbie not to be proud of that ;) Kickin' *kitten*! :)

Stephanie
    -- Look at you go go go go. I was so happy for you this morning when I was reading my wall. If I could have reached through the monitor and squeezed the **** out of you in congratulations I would have, but I figured you figured that part out ;) YOU ARE DA BOMB BAYBEE!!! 248, SMELL YOU! Shoot next you'll be in Onderland ;)
    -- I know it's in other thread, but I am going to say a Compliment to you for being wonderfully thoughtful and kind and sending all of us a link to the new thread. I know it took a lot of time and effort and it was a very sweet thing to do. A proper thank you from myself and I think of course as you know, you are fabulous. ;)

Eileen
    -- Thanks and you know what I thought when you said buy a t-shirt. "OMG they'll actually have one in my size!" I know. Sick isn't it? Something I'll never have to think about again hopefully, will they have the souvenir tshirt in my size. XL? No problem. ;) So thank you. I think that just made my day. :) And I am so happy to hear you are out of the 250's as well! Huzzah! :D Croobie on! ;D

JJ
    -- Sleep you crazy woman. Or you'll get sick again dammit! *HUGS*

Renae
    - How much would you pay for that service? $500/per person? $1000? I ask because you know I"m trying to figure it all out in my head, it'd be wicked expensive. Medical work, car work, clothing, food. That's like gotta be near $1k each not including tips ;) And it'd be cash pay. Not going to deal with HMO's and Paperwork and ****, that just slows everything down. If I add 20% profit, which out of that I"d have to pay salaries/expenses etc. I'm not making much. Hmm. I might have to work that out. Wonder where I'd set that up. Oh yeah. Maui ;) Be a long drive for you tho ;) Got a great name tho... Use my maiden name.. Buffum's One Touch. ;) I picture lots of lazy'boys and fuzzy slippers ;)
    -- Good for you on the Donuts. I don't think I'd have made it out alive... cream filled.. nom nom nom.. the only thing saving me is that 99% of the donut shops in Arizona don't have creme filled, they only have custard which I can't stand. :D

STaci
    -- Thank you for the compliment. And I appreciate that you noticed. It gets me into trouble however sometimes. And it's all my husband Erik's fault. He turned me into the question monster. My natural OCD perfectionism and his demanding nature to have things done right or be right or manufactured right... *shakes head* It's hell. I tell you..

So today was a perfect example of it actually. I did the OS5 update on my iPhone. DONT DO IT PEOPLE!. Anyway.. It blew away the 'nickname' from my gamecenter id. I called customer service. They 'graciously' waved the fee for me since i'm outside the 90 day period, really? But next time, I might have to pay... whatever. Told them, your upgrade broke your ****ty app. They said uh well uh. uh. okay you'll need to talk to tech support level 2. Mmkay. So I get passed up. He has me change my password, that sometimes 'fixes it'. No dude. it didn't. And now I have a new password that I'm not amused with instead of the one I liked just fine. ****. WEll.. we all. *nervous laughter* Have to change our passwords now and then, it *nervous laughter* makes things more secure. Me: "Dude it's Game center, it's not like I"m storing nuclear secrets" More specifically it's my Apple DotMac/Me account that I've had since 2001 with the same password and no ones broken it yet, must have been pretty secure already. Uh heh heh uh hm yeah well. *me silent* Uh.. well you could also try searching in Googl... ME: "NO! That's it. We're done. I could have done that already this morning, which I did. Which already told me how to shove that worthless folder app into a folder to hide it away. *gasp from him* So NO, we're not going there. YOU call the ENGINEERS and tell them THEY have a ****ING BUG with the IOS 5 release that wipes the Nickname from Game Center, and get them to figure out how to reset my account to get it working again. YOU can CALL ME when you get it solved.... "Him: Okay, what's your number.." ....

**** that ****... You broke it, you bought it mother****er... ;)

Okay so I dropped the clothes off at the Treasure Trove Shelter at the hospital. The lady almost passed out. That felt good.
    Picked up garden parts.
    Got the new brining jar for the chicken I'm gonna spatchcock tomorrow night. ;)

I feel like that guy from the Jeff Foxworthy tour series now... Get 'er Done! today... I don't know why... ;)

Have a good one..

Oh PS. I hate you Kevin. My Thighs are killing me. You suck. ;)
  • StaciO
    Options
    Cynthia, I really gotta know what kind of Halloween parties you go to.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Ok, I hate Wednesday mornings. We are closed on Mon/Tues so Wednesday everyone descends on us and there are messages and emails to return and its always just INSANE.

I went to the japanese grocery store on my day off yesterday just to look around and see what they had that might be fun to make that was healthy. I got some wonton wrappers and tofu and miso and stuff. But the really fun part were the kitchen tools! I go sucker in to buying a bunch of fun kitchen gadgets I might never use but intrigued me. They had the added bonus of having only japanese language instructions with a couple of pictures. And my best purchase was the cutest little bento box and accessories. I just love it! I have been reading about bento box lunches for a couple of weeks and have made a few in my little rectangle tupperware containers, but now I have a real one! I just think it is so awesome for portion control and reminding me to really enjoy my food instead of wolfing it down without noticing. I love how it is set up for to portion out your grain, veggie and protein . I got the cute bento box which has three compartments, one that is half the space and then the other half has two, but they come out so you can make one big space or two equal spaces if you want. I also got a couple of cute veggie cutters, a set of dividers, a little panda to put sauce in (like salad dressing or dipping sauce or soy sauce), and a pretty set of chopsticks. I feel so hip and cool while taking control of my lunch.

I have been struggling with my mom being unsupportive of my weight loss lately too. She is very overweight as well and while she makes polite talk about how I am cooking healthier for us all, she is still eating just awful. I did the laundry and went to put away her socks for her and there was a bag of bite size reese cups in there mostly gone. She is an adult and can do what she wants, but then the last two weeks she has started to bake treats on my days off. I used to bake a lot, but have not been doing it as much since I started to lose weight. She has been baking this crazy stuff full of sugar and stuff because she says its mean for me to not make it for her and my daughter, THEY aren't on a diet. She never does stuff in the kitchen, so this is a pretty low blow on multiple levels. She had to do dinner the other night because I had a class after hours and she took my daughter to McDonalds. Then the next night there was an accident on the freeway and I was late getting back from my errands and she took my daughter out to pizza. My daughter is 17 and almost an adult herself, but I am trying so hard to set a good example in this last year, especially since she struggles with weight herself and my mom is undermining me constantly. I tried to talk to her about it and all she said was I was spending way too much money on new clothes and running shoes and healthy food and had gotten all holy roller about it. So frustrating.

Steph and Eileen, I am so thrilled for you both. That is a huge milestone to move past and you have done so well. Woot!

Cyn, I am with Staci, I want to know what kinds of Halloween parties you go to.

Staci, I am sure you are on stress overload with the big event this weekend. Remember to breathe and I am glad you are scheduling yourself some exercise time. Good for you! Take lots of pictures for us!

Ok, gotta run!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The easy answer is: Really fun ones. The harder answer is: Ones that can get you arrested and almost have in previous years. Ahhh youth. :) But now I'm old and the Anchor and chain (not ball, balls at least roll when you drag them, Anchors dig in) doesn't like parties, or crowds.. and so I have no friends and I have no parties to go to anymore because it's no fun going with someone who sucks *kitten* quiet frankly is the debbie downer, and wants to go home 5 mins after you get there. Yeah I love him, I just didn't know I'd be on the island completely alone with him. :P

JJ
    -- So I have two questions to ask one) Does your mom live with you, sounds like she does. two) does she depend on you for her care, I mean is she invalid or is she just using you for cheap rent ;) I ask because my answer is going to go something like this.
    A) If she's living with you and you are her primary care giver because she's invalid, stop buying sugar and things to make treats with or lock them up. :) Yeah it's cruel. But she doesn't really need them does she? Leave out the splenda or other sweeteners that you use in case she needs something like that for tea or coffee. (you don't NEED chocolate chips or coconut flakes).
    B) If she's just living with you for cheap rent. *take yourself a deep breath, you're gonna need it* Mom, I love you. And I want to thank you for being a loving parent and raising me as wonderfully as you did. Now you need to respect my authority and not usurp the mother daughter relationship I have with my child. If I don't make treats. I don't make treats. If you want a cookie, go to the store and buy one, FOR YOURSELF. Do not fatten my daughter up to meet your sweet tooth. Kindly respect my wishes as a parent in guiding my child as I see fit. If you don't like it, there's the door.
    -- Now I know you won't be as harsh as I would be ;) But you get the idea. YOU are the mommy, mommy ;) You need to tell her to mind her own business and let you raise your daughter the way you want to. Don't sit back and get sick to your stomach and fret over it. I can tell you already are. that's no bueno either. C'mon momma bear... protect your cub. ;) The intruder is fattening her up for the slaughter ;) *teehee*

Love ya. Did you get the little hard boiled egg presses that make panda bear or fish shapes? You jam the food inside and then when it gets done setting you have little panda bears. You can paint their little faces with food coloring if you want. Here my friend has a set and she posted the pics on her blog :)http://mizziemunches.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-cuteness.html?spref=fb
    Disgustingly cute arent' they?

----

Okay I caved and had frozen custard. Sadly, it wasn't as good as the 325 calories I had to pay the price for. THAT is ****ing depressing. I'm going to bed now. *grrr*
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Cynthia - I meant to say thank you for getting on me about my protein levels, I upped them and dropped 7lbs, I'm hoping there is a correlation between the two. Same plan this week:bigsmile:

So yesterday I got to play with these new toys they have at the gym called vipr. They are these plastic hollow tubes, weighted, with handles. You do all kinds of things with them: fast chest press, bazooka swings, twisting squats etc. I watched my trainer go through the session with me to show me what to do and I thought, well that looks easy and they aren't that heavy....well boy was I wrong. It was like a super cardio workout, I was huffing and puffing all the way through and I got news for you, I have some serious DOMS going on today. I know I know, no pain no gain but still......:grumble:

So more marking on the cards for me today (90 projects all about tourism in Thailand....I'm going out of my mind!!:noway: )
    Meeting a friend for lunch who hasn't seen me since April so I'm hoping for some RL compliments for the other board.

JJ - I agree with what Cynthia said....however, I totally couldn't do it. My mom is not very supportive either but I have the advantage of being on a different continent. When she was here it was just sabotage after sabotage. I chalked it up to jealousy. She proud of me but I can't talk to her about it as she just moans about she couldn't do it if she wanted to. Sigh! Parents! Oh and bento boxes sound cool....may have to make a trip to Chinatown to see what I can find!

Cynthia - my hubby is a total homebody and it drives me crazy. It takes me forever to get him to go anywhere and then he looks so miserable we end up leaving early so I feel your pain. I've lost a lot of my social life because of it and it drives me crazy but I love that man. :ohwell:

Bobbie - fab NSV :bigsmile:

Renae: what a great service that would be.:bigsmile:
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Never heard of a Bento Box but I like the idea of saving on disposable containers/baggies. I hate buying those things. I actually have a few little divided containers so I guess that's essentially what a Bento box is.

Cyndi - way to give your cell phone provider hell. They make me so mad. Also - love your profile pix. I'm going to suggest that my DH use this idea of Halloween next week (only at home and just for me).

Steph - Nice job trying something new at the gym. I've really got to join one. I ran outside yesteray and my ears nearly fell off from the cold. We're getting our first snow tonight. I think joining a gym for my 47th bd would be a great way to celebrate.

JJ - Lay it on the line with your mother. You don't need to put up with that in your house. She needs to know how important getting healthy is to you. Unsupportive people make me so mad! I hope she wakes up! Sorry you need to deal with that - like this isn't hard enough already -ggrrrrrr.

Feeling thin today but my scale isn't budging. I really feel like it shouldn't be this hard. I think my body is fit and it's found a 'comfortable weight' so now I need to change something up to get it moving again. I'm hoping the gym might do it. I'll also try adding more protein this coming week. I could use some good suggestions for an easy way to increase my protein.

Again with the donuts this morning - I stopped at DD for a coffee and had a coupon for a free donut. I picked out one of their seasonal Pumpkin Spice donuts. Got to work and left it on one of my salesmens desks (after I had taken a nice long wiff of it - LOL). I knew I really didn't need it and that I would feel mad, guilty and P-O'd at myself after I ate it. I didn't need to go through that after seeing my scales sit there this morning. Filling up on water today. I really want to drop 3 before my physical next Wednesday. I can do this.
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Renae I focused on upping my protein last week. I added a glass of milk a day, 100g of cottage cheese, pumpkin seeds and an Atkins protein bar into my repetoire.
  • StaciO
    Options
    Good morning my lovely losers. I am kind of in a funk today. Today is toga day at my daughter's school. She never wore a toga before and asked my help last night to figure out how to wear it. I surprised her by whipping that sheet around her 2 different ways really quickly and she liked one of them. (I think she thinks I was just always a mom and never a college student) So this morning she gets up early and asks me to help her again. I start with the one I thought she wanted and she was like no, no the other wasy. So I redo it the other way and she is having a little conniption (sp) because the bottom looks funny and the shoulder looked different. I said well its because I thought you decided you liked the other one better. She said no i didn't in that really snotty way only 17 year old girls can do (I know I was one and I am sure I did it to my mom too). So she is sighing and harumphing and trying to make it look better. She just snapped fine I'll fix it and I got annoyed an walked out. It was time to go to work anyway. So, now I feel kind of bad that I didn't finish helping her. I mean other than a little PMS monthly she is a totally awsome kid. Maybe this gala stress is finally starting to get to me. Ahhh, Sunday I am going to do nothing. Well okay maybe a little weightlifting and dancing if we aren't to those peaks yet.
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    JJ
    -- So I have two questions to ask one) Does your mom live with you, sounds like she does. two) does she depend on you for her care, I mean is she invalid or is she just using you for cheap rent ;) I ask because my answer is going to go something like this.
    A) If she's living with you and you are her primary care giver because she's invalid, stop buying sugar and things to make treats with or lock them up. :) Yeah it's cruel. But she doesn't really need them does she? Leave out the splenda or other sweeteners that you use in case she needs something like that for tea or coffee. (you don't NEED chocolate chips or coconut flakes).
    B) If she's just living with you for cheap rent. *take yourself a deep breath, you're gonna need it* Mom, I love you. And I want to thank you for being a loving parent and raising me as wonderfully as you did. Now you need to respect my authority and not usurp the mother daughter relationship I have with my child. If I don't make treats. I don't make treats. If you want a cookie, go to the store and buy one, FOR YOURSELF. Do not fatten my daughter up to meet your sweet tooth. Kindly respect my wishes as a parent in guiding my child as I see fit. If you don't like it, there's the door.
    -- Now I know you won't be as harsh as I would be ;) But you get the idea. YOU are the mommy, mommy ;) You need to tell her to mind her own business and let you raise your daughter the way you want to. Don't sit back and get sick to your stomach and fret over it. I can tell you already are. that's no bueno either. C'mon momma bear... protect your cub. ;) The intruder is fattening her up for the slaughter ;) *teehee*

Love ya. Did you get the little hard boiled egg presses that make panda bear or fish shapes? You jam the food inside and then when it gets done setting you have little panda bears. You can paint their little faces with food coloring if you want. Here my friend has a set and she posted the pics on her blog :)http://mizziemunches.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-cuteness.html?spref=fb
    Disgustingly cute arent' they?

If only it were that easy. Its her house, I moved here to open the shop with her. She already had a three bedroom house, so my daughter and I moved in with her to save on costs while we get the shop up and profitable. She was getting older and with her weight issues, having trouble with stuff like cleaning and doing the grocery shopping. So while I do not pay rent, I take care of everything. I do all the cleaning, the laundry, the shopping, the cooking, the house maintenance, etc. I figure that is my way of contributing. I also do all the work at the shop, even though we own it together and put in equal money on it. So I feel like I make a lot of accomodations for her because she is my mom and I want her to be comfortable in her "retirement", but I get tired of being treated a lot like a slave or the maid. And being downright undermined in the name of "helping out" with my daughter is really chapping my hide.

Thanks for the advice, I will see what I can screw up the courage to talk to her about. It gets hard though when you spend 22 hours a day with someone. Worse than being married I tell ya!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Never heard of a Bento Box but I like the idea of saving on disposable containers/baggies. I hate buying those things. I actually have a few little divided containers so I guess that's essentially what a Bento box is.

Ok, I have been really loving my bento box lunches! So fun! Its like lunch is a little gift each day! I like this website/blog for ideas: http://justbento.com/

Cyn, I did not get the hard boiled egg presses, I though about it, but then did not and now I am sorry. I have seen where they add a little food coloring before they stuff them in there to make them pretty colors too. How fun! I can see how this could become and addiction. I got a heart and a flower veggie cutters, but now I want more of those too. And another bento box so I don't have to wash the cute one every night. There was a fancy one with cherry blossoms on it that was so pretty that I have my eye on too! I just wanted to make sure I enjoyed it first before I invested in it. And Amazon has lots and lots of things on their website too....sigh.

Today I had two eggs that I put on a plate with a high lip in the microwave and cooked into a pancake, then rolled around some mushrooms and put in the large section of my bento, pineapple slices cut into hearts and baby carrots, cherry tomatoes and baby sweet peppers in my bento. So cool and it just looks so pretty in the box! I wish I had thought to take a picture before I ate it though! LOL! Maybe tomorrow.
  • stephaniezoundi
    Options
    Starting to feel like we are losing some momentum here.....
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Steph - I am thinking that everyone is getting busy with galas, Halloween, and dancing. They'll be back!

JJ - If I had a fridge to put it in at work I would be getting a bento box too! I looked at them at Epcot and went back twice before deciding not to get one. Hope you take a pic so I can see your creative lunch!

Staci - Do not even get me started on teenage attitudes specifically the female gender. I think that we should send them to a convent boarding school in the Himalayas situated on a lone mountain top where they grow their own food and do not have interaction with the world. <sigh> But we would miss them.....

Renae - Whiff all you want! What good willpower you have! I would whiff then lick then nibble until whoops it is all gone!

Cynthia - I sm so glad that that was the first thing you thought of! Just don't buy out the store!

As for me, I had my second consultation with the plastic surgeon. I went through all my questions even went online beforehand to make sure that I wasn't missing anything. Forty five minutes later (which I love about her - she always makes sure that she has enough time to listen) we established a timeline for the whole kit and caboodle. I go back in Jan to pre-cert everything with insurance, make appointments, and have her answer any lingering questions. 1st surgery in Feb (expanders placed) - out patient with a recovery time of 3 weeks before I am allowed back to work full time. Three months of slowly expanding the tissue. 2nd surgery in June (silicone implants) - out patient with a week of recovery. July - 3D tattoo of nipple (no skin grafts) no downtime.

So I walked out of the office and started thinking. *kitten* that means that I am going to gain the weight of the implants. Guess I am going to have to be extra vigilant through the holidays. <sigh> Also, that my hubbie is going to get me a T-shirt saying "Of course these are fake - my first pair tried to kill me!" He giggles every time he sees one and has to tell everyone that saying. Though I have no clue where I would wear a shirt like that.

Having a Fantastic Friday!
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

JJ - If I had a fridge to put it in at work I would be getting a bento box too! I looked at them at Epcot and went back twice before deciding not to get one. Hope you take a pic so I can see your creative lunch!

So I walked out of the office and started thinking. *kitten* that means that I am going to gain the weight of the implants. Guess I am going to have to be extra vigilant through the holidays. <sigh> Also, that my hubbie is going to get me a T-shirt saying "Of course these are fake - my first pair tried to kill me!" He giggles every time he sees one and has to tell everyone that saying. Though I have no clue where I would wear a shirt like that.

Having a Fantastic Friday!

I dont put mine in the fridge. Most people in Japan don't either, and most japanese made bentos are not made for the microwave either. They are meant to be a room temp lunch.

The thought about the weight of the implants made me laugh out loud! That is too funny Miss Eileen that your brain immediately goes to how you will "gain" weight, I love that we all think that way now, but sista, that is not something to worry about. And you would wear that tee shirt EVERYWHERE! The gym, the grocery store, to pick up the kids at school. How could you not? I am with your hubby, that makes me giggle too.

Staci, 17 year old girls are SO MUCH FUN. The hot and cold thing drives me nuts too. "Help me with this mom? Wait, let me do it myself. Oh, I can't do it myself, help me mom?" I think it is time for her to learn that when you are snotty to people they don't help you. It is so hard for me too....but out in the real world, in college, at a job, there are consquences. If someone is trying to help you and you are a brat to them, they will stop helping you. That is the life lesson you taught your daughter. I know that my daughter and I are going through some sort of separation anxiety thing right now where she is working very hard to make decisions on her own, and any advice or input I give her is "demanding" she do things my way. So frustrating and I hate being painted as the bad guy, but whatever. I love to read the Yarn Harlot's blog, she always makes me laugh, and I always go back to this essay when I am having a rough day with a teenage daughter: http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2007/05/30/dear_amanda.html She is actually in Portland tonight, at Powells, at we are going to go hear her read from her new book, so that is exciting.

We are losing a little momentum, Steph, but its also the busy time of year. People have so many demands on their personal time. I am sure they will all be back soon, with triumphant tales about conquering the candy monster that is Halloween.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Howdie Losers - so glad it's Friday! The best part is that we have no major plans for the weekend. I'm going to go out for a run first thing tomorrow morning (my B-Day!) and we are expecting 3-6" of snow tomorrow night!! Dinner out with friends should be even more festive.

The scales were nicer to me this morning. My plan is to keep it off through the weekend now. Thanks for the protein tips Steph!

Staci - I know what you mean about snapping at your daughter. I have 2 teens and sometimes walking away is the best answer. I've done my share of apologizing to them when I lose my patience. Doesn't happen often, but we all have our limits and it teaches them that we're human. I'm sure she figured out how to Toga just fine!

Time for my 60 cal Tootsie Pop
    Enjoy your weekend all ~ keep it skinny!
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Is there a challenge for November? If it was mentioned somewhere I must have missed it.

I went to see the hairdresser today,I thought it was finally time to pamper myself.I think the new cut makes me look sexy and fresh.