200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Replies

• earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Just popping in quick to respond to the low carb talk going on :)

I'm not low carb, but I loosely follow Weston A Price principles.
    Chia seeds, kale, flax seeds, coconut flour (I make things like peanut butter cookies with it) , blackberries, and broccoli are all good sources of fiber. A tbsp of chia seeds mixed in with some plain Greek yogurt and a bit of raw honey is one of my favorite breakfasts.
    I'm usually a little over on my protein each day, but never over on carbs - feel free to look at my diary :) For example today I had 69 carbs leftover, 1 fat leftover, -2 for protein, 1295 sodium leftover, and 74 iron leftover. I seriously never hit my iron unless I eat clams. I need to fix that.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Good morning, ladies! Checking in for Friday: 2807 cals burned/ 1742 cals consumed/ 1065 cal deficit. My deficit has been too big the last few days but I am loath to change it. For some reason, eating more than 1800 cals in a day just feels "wrong". I'm doing much better today than last night. I'm sure no one but me cares that the dog 8 the cupcakes and there will be tons of other food at the party so I'm sure no one is going to miss them. It also helped that I got in LIA and a 3 mile run this morning - those do wonders for my attitude :bigsmile:

Kiki: I love coconut flour! My mom, niece and cousin have celiac disease so they can't eat anything with gluten in it and I have done a lot of experimental baking for them (I don't have celiac disease, thank goodness) in order to come up with gluten free recipes for them to try out and I have found that coconut flour and garbanzo bean flour are awesome!

Marie: Welcome! Good luck achieving your goals!

Lacey: Wow! You gotta get that cholesterol in check, girl! I don't think I can do a leptin reset just cuz with the fibromyalgia I NEED to get some kind of exercise every day or my body starts hurting. I think that the paleo diet thing could really help you out with your cholesterol (as long as you don't eat too much red meat and ensure you get LOTS of fiber rich veggies - fiber binds to cholesterol and flushes it out of your system so fiber is UBER-important in cholesterol reduction). Are you gonna make a cholesterol-reduction plan and then have your lipid levels checked in 6 months?

Kendal: I think that eating is at least 80% of weight loss so major props to you for adjusting your eating while it's been tough to get the gym. Great job!

Katheryne: Now I'm curious...what IS the national average for LIA??

Kerry: I think that's it- watching The Hubbs get all sweaty and lift heavy weights is HOT!! He is also hot in his military uniform (which he only wears once a month due to the nature of his job) and in his suit (which he wears when he interacts with Generals and Admirals) - :happy:

I know I missed people but I gotta get the chili going and finish up the donuts. I'm so psyched about this party!!!! I'll post pics on the facebook for ya. Have a great Saturday!

Welcome Jamilah!

Bobbie: I've had my IUD for about 2 years now and my periods have gotten lighter and lighter as time has gone on (now I just have about 3 days of spotting and that's it) BUT the PMS and the cramps have gotten WORSE!!! How freaking lame is that???

Pam: That workout sounds fun, thanks for the link to the DVD. Enjoy your weekend!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Decided to weigh today!!!! 171lbs

Catch up later xx
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Check-in for Friday --- 2760 burned, plyo for ex and I knew it would be bad 3155 consumed... I tried to log everything and may have overestimated some... At least I had a good time. Now, I'm stuck with tons of leftovers. Sighs.
  • WoWmamaErin
    WoWmamaErin Posts: 148 Member

>> 210.5 <<

Woot! Down about 3 lbs so I'm happy with that.

We'll see if I can do my workout today during my son's nap time. I've got some foot pain going on and after doing some reading it looks like it could be some sort of swollen nerve. It's a sharp pain and it's like it 'clicks' in the ball of my foot. I know I can't do the 'running man' cardio for Ripped in 30 so I'll switch it up for some high knees or butt kicks. I think I messed it up from wearing heels for the wedding I was in - I don't usually wear heels and the last time was for a wedding in Aug! So with heels and all the dancing and running around I think that did it! blah :(

And I can't jog on the treadmill during the weekend cause the only time I can exercise is when my youngest is down for a nap or in bed for the night... and the treadmill is just way too loud and right under his room. My SO leaves on Saturday AM around 10:30 and isn't back until Monday at 1 AM due to work... so this really messes with working out. Oh well, at least I still keep up with eating properly and loose weight that way.

Wish it wasn't so cold out - would love to get the kids out of the house and to the park but it's just not as fun when your nose is frozen!

Got myself a new warm jacket last night. I really have to pick through everything to find somethign that I like and that has long enough sleeves. Tried on several woman's jackets and the sleeves were all way too short on me. So I went to the 'teeny-bop' section and found a cute jacket that was long enough in the sleeves. But it's a XXXL!!! They trying to give me a heart attack?! Why do the teeny-bop things have to be sized so differently... are they trying to make girls feel bad about themselves or what? (don't bother answering that! lol) I'm about a 16/18 for a jacket right now and that should not be a XXXL... oh well!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Amy isn't it funny that since my ratios were good that my doctor doesn't even seem to be worried about it at all? I had to get on webmd and read about the codes and translate myself other than her One line note about the ratios.
    In reading about the lepton reset thing fibromyalgia iw mentioned several times...can't remember why but it sounds like the lr helps peoPle with it. Jackkruse.com is where I've been reading about it.
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Hey everyone! Im using today as my last "excuse" day. I haven't been to the gym in a week and a half since I've been out of town. Tomorrow, im going grocery shopping and going to the gym. Im letting myself feel down in the dumps and that attitude is affecting everything in my life...work, friendships, etc. I HAVE to get over my ex and stop letting him (or lack of him) make me feel like this. I think since this is my first real breakup when I was utterly and completely in love that I just don't know how to handle it properly. But I do know releasing those exercise endorphins help me out tremendously!!

Anyways, I've been invited to a friends house for a halloween party but im still not feeling 100% from being ill this week, so Idk if im gonna go or not. And Idk when our neighbor kids are trick or treating, tonight or Monday. I bought a big bag of tootsie rolls to pass out. Im not a huge fan so I wont have to worry about eating them. Lol

Happy halloween everyone!

Amy-did loki have a bellyache after EIGHT cupcakes? Lol
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    The trick or treating has begun... I walked for over 2 hours with my 2 kiddos today but they brought home tons of yummy candy. It's going to be hard not to gain this weekend. We also have trick or treating on Monday, ugh...
    Oh well, this to shall pass. The sad thing is that I love trick or treating, I just don't like having all the goodies in the house!
    Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Marie
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Holy Snotballs, girls. SEVEN PAGES!!

oye.

um, I will read later but wanted to catch up with you.

Today was Wiggle's birthday party and it was a BLAST. We had pumpkin bowling, a pinata, and a bean bag toss. My husband built a Haunted House out of a piece of plywood and painted it black. They threw the bean bags through the windows of the house. It was awesome. I had two perfectly sized pumpkins in my garden for the pumpkin bowling and I made 10 adorable 'ghosts' as pins made out of upside down popcorn holders. :) Wiggle had a super time and there were 47 people in my ittybitty 1100 sq ft house at one point.

My food today has sucked. Bad. I stayed at 1200 cals but I ate trailmix bars for breakfast, a hot dog for lunch and a sandwich on white bread for dinner. Carb. Over. load. ugh. And, I only got one level of the Shred in today for exercise -- and I'm too beat to do more. I'll make up for it tomorrow -- as our plans are currently: Church at 9:30..............yep. That's it. LOVE IT!!

Wiggle had so much fun today and no nap or down time. Twinkle also skipped her nap...and yet they are both so pleasant even though it's bedtime. I think I'll go to bed too. With any luck, I'll catch up on some sleep.

I am kind of in a pickle and maybe you have some advice? I have RA but it is new to me (diagnosed in May)-- and it has been flaring up somethin' terrible the past three weeks - bad enough that the pain in my hands and hip wakes me out of a dead sleep. I can't take much because I also have a kidney disorder, but I can take moderate amounts of Ibu...but that doesn't seem to touch it. Any ideas? Any at all??
  • Laceylala
    Sarah - I would do some research on an anti inflammatory diet. I know there are a few out there that would probably help you out. Clean eating and such. I'm sorry you are dealing with that. So happy to hear your son's birthday part went well today!! Yeay

We went to see Puss N Boots tonight..it was good. I was hoping to see some more characters from Shrek in it than just him, but it was cute. I put Gracie in her princess leia costume so she could get more use out of it. THe past two years she could wear it to school, but for whatever reason they aren't doing it this year and it kindof pisses me off..so I got her dressed up and she went around the mall in her costume and then got one of those hot pink feathers put in her hair (I am jealous) and we saw the movie and now she's passed out in bed.

Can I say that I am already sick to death of football? I just flat out did not grow up around sports, watching or playing. The closest I came was watching WWF wrestling. Last year I sent my husband out to watch it because he gets intense of course, and this year I've been keeping my mouth shut because I was gone and will be again here soon and we want us all home..well, he's gonna have to go lol. Gracie and I will stay home and he can go to the sportsbar or a friends house. He will like that better anyways because he can yell and scream that way if he wants.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Lacey - I like your new profile pic!!! Gracie sounds awesome... I'm 43 and this is the first year we have watched football... U of Michigan and the Lions are both having a great season... Yeah - I'm a fair weather fan :blushing: I read some on the paleo diet today - hmmmm - interesting. Lots of controversy. I don't think I have the will power to do it at this point in my life.

Sarah - I second Lacey's advice on the anti-inflammatory diet. My biking partner tried it this summer and felt it really helped.

Megan - we watched "The Holiday" tonight and I thought of you.. Strong women that over come bad relationships and find true love... It's out there waiting for you!!!

I'm up in the middle of the night so I thought I'd check-in 2826 consumed, 2706 burned and ex was 3.5 mile walk/run... The Eagles had a fund raising dinner which put me over... Prime rib.... It could have been worse considering we have a full pizza left over...
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    ..............weigh in at 211.8.............

Bit disappointed, but a loss is a loss!

I'll be back to reply properly tomorrow!
  • I am too lazy to get out of bed right now. *sigh* TOM started yesterday, therefore, I am going to blame him for everything including my official weigh-in at 250.2 pounds. *grumbles* Now back to catchin' some Zzzzzz's! :smile:
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Morning ladies :) The weekend is coming to a close already!

(Unofficial) Official weigh-in: 213.2.... down exactly 1 lb. I was hoping for more, but last night involved brownies, wine, and chips.... yikes.

Here's to a week of better food choices!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    *****************************************************212.2**************************************************

It's nice to see the scale move in the right direction for 2 weeks in a row.

I have already missed a week of my working out goal. Had overtime to work all week. I had a dream last night that it was only a month till the Warrior Dash and I hadn't done any training. It could have been a worse dream though- it could have been the day of the Dash and I hadn't trained.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member

Let's just not talk about a 3 pound GAIN during the first week of the challenge. Lame Sauce.

The party was freaking awesome. Everyone loved the food, we had lots of fun. We got home around 6 am as we stayed at our friends' house after the party guests went home so we could all watch the UFC fights that started at 1am (our time). It was a long night but fun. I even managed to eat less calories than I burned (despite DRINKING nearly 900 calories). Today was spent catching up on a bit of sleep and running errands. Now I have to go feed the fam something for dinner as none of us really ate lunch due to the weird sleeping during the day thing. I'll catch up with you ladies later.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Quick weigh-in:

********************* 210.8 ***********************

I have been at 210.8 for pretty much the whole entire week week (one or two days at 211). I know this because I've weighed every day, even though I shouldn't. Then this morning I was up to 212.4 due to impending TOM and copious amounts of salt yesterday. I have made the executive decision to not play the scale mind game of weighing in at a higher "fake bloat weight" and am instead weighing in with the "real" weight that I have steadily been maintaining all week. There is no scale police, so I've decided that's perfectly acceptable. Take that, fake TOM salt bloat.
  • Laceylala
    Victoria yes there is lots of controversy over the whole caveman diet thing.. I think for now I'm goin to start doing the 50 grams of protein for breakfast within 30 mins of waking and lowering carbs as I can with a goal of 125 a day. Usually I'm above 200 I think.

I have a major sinus headache on my left side. I want to take my eyeball out and scoop brains out till the pressure goes away. It hurrrrrrrts.

Ideeli has $150+ plus sized jeans for like $30 right now so I ordered two pairs in 16. Not sure if they will fit now or not. It's a goal to work toward anyways. I'd like them to fit by the time I go to canada in a month so if I can't work out because of my feet I need to get the diet down..especially since my freaking cholesterol is up. Boo.

I'm going to play around with my diary and see what I can eat next week for bfast and lunch to get carbs down.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    So, last night I was on here forever, and hardly any posts. I got sleep for a few hours (ok, maybe more than a few) and you guys go through two full pages...lol

Lacey: Your pic is really cute. I've heard that fiber lowers cholesterol, but I won't pretend to be a nutritionist. BTW: The whole eye-ball scooping thing was a great visual for the day before Halloween :laugh:

Kendal: I had the same experience last week when I didn't work out once or watch what I ate and lost 4 lbs...this week, quite the opposite...ugh!

Well, the spotting finally came this morning, so at least I know what the GAIN was from, but it's just aggravating because it doesn't come regularly for me to track and know what's going on when. I haven't seen any spotting in two months...maybe I'll have to pay closer attention.

WoWmama: Have you been up in your sons room while someone ran on the treadmill? I'm just asking because I think that sometimes what we perceive to be loud in one space may not be in another and vice versa.

Megan: Having your heart broken sucks...having it broken multiple times by the same person sucks even more! You will heal, and getting control of yourself again will help that process! If your gym has a punching bag, I'd say take out some of your frustrations and aggressions on that too ;-)

Sarah (WnT): Your party sounds like a lot of fun! I would have never thought to make bowling pin ghosts from those plastic popcorn containers...too cute!!!

Yay for those of you who have had losses this week...this is the first week that I have not in forever, so I'm a little pouty this weekend. So, I'm going to go ahead and weigh-in with this morning's weight, which is almost 2lbs lower than yesterday's and/or Friday's.

***********************************************Weigh-in 303************************************************

Now, if I don't show a significant decrease next week, I'm going to cry for real!!!
  • Laceylala
    So I thnk that can keep my carbs to right around 100 this week using the foods I've already purchased. Next week I will
    Have to find some more food stuff that isn't milk or yogurt so I can get my saturated fats down too. I am gonna go to target or somewhere and buy some chia seeds and sinus pain medicine. Chia seeds seem like good things lol.
This discussion has been closed.