Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's been so quiet in here! I'm down another half a pound, so it seems upping my calories worked! Anyone make anything really good lately? I made hot wings with blue cheese dressing yesterday, they were so good! Have a great weekend everyone!

So glad the calorie increase worked for you!
    I made a huge pot of low carb chili. OMG it's so good. Great cold weather food!
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    It's been so quiet in here! I'm down another half a pound, so it seems upping my calories worked! Anyone make anything really good lately? I made hot wings with blue cheese dressing yesterday, they were so good! Have a great weekend everyone!

I love smoked wings! We have a bag in the freezer so I guess I may smoke some this weekend. I made some Turban Squash and have been eating it this week for lunch along with my protein and veggie choice. The wife and one of my sons didn't like it, however, but I thought it was delicious!

I'm down 5 lbs since my last weigh-in (10/07/2011). I'm happy with that since we had a vacation and a fair in between that date and today. Only 11 lbs away from being down 100 lbs - 61 lbs to goal!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dittiepe: Low carb chili sounds wonderful! I'm going to have to scour your site to find the recipe. The wife and I have been wondering how one would go about making it. Can't wait to try it - with a little dollop of peanut butter! :)
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    BTW, I think all my friends have stopped using MFP - I think a co-worker completely gave up! :( So, if anyone is looking for friends for support, etc. send me a friend request, please. Thanks!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I need to make chili soon, it's one of my faves! Especially now that it'll start snowing here in MN any day now.

I've never heard of Turban Squash, I'll have to look that up. Congrats on the weight loss! I'll send you a request. :smile:
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    I need to make chili soon, it's one of my faves! Especially now that it'll start snowing here in MN any day now.

I've never heard of Turban Squash, I'll have to look that up. Congrats on the weight loss! I'll send you a request. :smile:

Thanks, got it!
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I'm down 5 lbs since my last weigh-in (10/07/2011). I'm happy with that since we had a vacation and a fair in between that date and today. Only 11 lbs away from being down 100 lbs - 61 lbs to goal!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dittiepe: Low carb chili sounds wonderful! I'm going to have to scour your site to find the recipe. The wife and I have been wondering how one would go about making it. Can't wait to try it - with a little dollop of peanut butter! :)

Congrats on the weight loss!
    The recipe is right on the front. I had forgotten to post it before, so I just posted it today :)
  • kjpersich
    kjpersich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    New MIM to try...I used the Pumking MIM recipe and substituted banana instead! Yum! I left out the cinnamon and used vanilla extract. My banana was really ripe. Not something I would eat often since banana's are higher in sugar, but it was a delicious use for the lone banana on my counter becoming really brown. I think I'm going to try blueberries next...
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Bump:flowerforyou:
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    BTW, I think all my friends have stopped using MFP - I think a co-worker completely gave up! :( So, if anyone is looking for friends for support, etc. send me a friend request, please. Thanks!

I'm always looking for friends, especially the LC ones!!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    New MIM to try...I used the Pumking MIM recipe and substituted banana instead! Yum! I left out the cinnamon and used vanilla extract. My banana was really ripe. Not something I would eat often since banana's are higher in sugar, but it was a delicious use for the lone banana on my counter becoming really brown. I think I'm going to try blueberries next...

I don't think I could bring myself to eat a banana, even if I weren't LCing, but I've tried the pumpkin and it was very tasty!!
  • Motivationrequired
    Options
    I've also started low carbs high protein diet today, was also going to add in protein shakes everyone keeps telling me about shakeology but I'm undecided and in the UK we can't get shakeology here so any views on shakes or good ones in uk that won't make me bulk up and put weight ON as finding it verrrry hard at mo. to lose it! Even though go to gym every day until injured knee and drink over 10 glasses water a day and I NEVER drank water!!
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I've also started low carbs high protein diet today, was also going to add in protein shakes everyone keeps telling me about shakeology but I'm undecided and in the UK we can't get shakeology here so any views on shakes or good ones in uk that won't make me bulk up and put weight ON as finding it verrrry hard at mo. to lose it! Even though go to gym every day until injured knee and drink over 10 glasses water a day and I NEVER drank water!!

I don't know what shakes they have in the UK, sadly. I would suggest Atkins brand, honestly. Especially if you're going low carb.
    Be sure that with this new lifestyle, you be sure to keep your calories around 1200-1500. You will love this new lifestyle :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I don't really use protein shakes but just wanted to comment that as long as you are eating at a calorie deficit, you aren't going to put on weight from getting extra protein.
  • pork_belly
    Options

I went out for some hot wings (Applebees) and some very good NW (US) microbrew a few days ago! It was so good since its been awhile since I've had a beer. Its nice to take a break once in awhile.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's definitely great to take a break! I'll be taking one next Saturday, I'm pretty excited. I probably won't feel well afterwards, but I've gotta get it out of my system. Then I'll be good to go again! I went out to Applebee's a couple months ago for appetizers and coctails and wanted hot wings, but it looked like they were all breaded. So I settled for the mini burgers with the buns peeled off. :laugh:

How is everyone's weight loss going? I'm down a lb and a half in a week and halfs time, and 5 lbs for the month of October (so far). I'll take it!
  • punkinbaby1
    punkinbaby1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Made my first MIM yesterday...............omgosh! it was excellent! After no breads for 2 months it was heaven lol. Then i looked up all the varieties u can do...................ohhhhhmy! Today is my oldest boys bday. He is 15. I am making a chocolate MIM to eat as my piece of cake :)
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting Atkins induction tomorrow. I thought I could do a different plan but, it's just not working for me. Any advice with Atkins will be appreciated.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    Options
    I too was told that a change in color (no matter how light or dark) is a sign of ketosis. Just that you see a change in the strip is what counts. (but, that's what I was told) not sure how accurate that info is. I'm hoping to see a change in my stick in a few days! Wish me luck.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    Options
    Is there anyone willing to allow me to view your food journal? This will definately help me on me! Thanks!
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    Love your name :-) Ennuffamybut !

Feel free to look at my diary. Today I ate light, just wasn;t all that hungry bc I ate a lot yesterday which was my highest carb day since starting.

I did induction when I started. I did eat nuts during it but I measured them out carefully and didn't over do. Induction was hard at times because I had doubts about what I was doing, whether it was healthy or not (and I had some serious withdrawls).