P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, team! Day 59 for me!!! Did Shoulders & Arms / Ab Ripper this morning... I forgot how much I love this workout! Pushed hard, increased my numbers across the board, and felt great! Had a good Ab Ripper too, with improvements from last time.

My energy level is pretty hig the last couple days, which I think is because of the increase in carbs in this phase. I'm not going overboard with it, but definitely more carbs than phase 2... Just a little nervous about how it will effect results. We shall see!

Hope you're all having a great day! BRING IT!!!

-Mike
  • MrsBooker
    MrsBooker Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello Team X!

I have not been on the boards much lately, so I don't have time to comment on everyone's posts. So I will just say Congrats to all who are still pushing play everyday! Thanks for the inspiration!

Drew, Congrats on your win! Your dedication and hard work paid off!!

Also, I wanted to tell you all that I totally slacked off for the past week. My hubby and I had HORRIBLE work weeks, and were just too exhausted to work out. We are looking to change our workout time to the morning since our jobs are so unpredictable.

We started Phase 2 yesterday, and I now know how much I HATE push ups! LOL. This was the toughest workout for me so far. I am determined to fo an unassisted one hand push up before this is over! :)

Lastly, I just wanted to share some stats from Phase 1. I lost no pounds, but I did lose a half inch from my waist and hips and 2 percentage of my body fat. So I can live with that! Hoping for much better results this phase.

Enjoy the rest of your week guys!
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi team, just checking in to say that I am still bringing it. Actually, I tried my old pair of pants yesterday and I am fittign right in. That was one of the goals, but still trying to push harder so I can lose some more and eventually buy some pants with the new number.

Good job Drew, the pic looks good, congratulations on the win.

Wendy, Jay, Ro- thanks for the tips on the nutrition. I am even goign to use them eventhough they were meant for Drew :)
  • roballesteros
    Options
    Hello Team X,

I just want to check in quickly as I am off to dinner with friends...I completed Core Synergystics today and I felt pretty awesome after wards....those push-ups are comming along nicely...even the prison push-ups, geez I hope I won't ever need those. :bigsmile:

I even got in a tiny little baby run (1 1/2 mile) before I ran out of time.....any running is better than no running for me!

Sassy - I thought your story was hilarious....CONGRATS on your accomplishments!

Mrs. Booker -So happy that you are seeing results!

Miss_p90x - Yay on acheiving one of your goals!

Ok folks gotta go but dont' forget to BRING IT!!!!

~Ro
  • YVL93
    YVL93 Posts: 121
    Options
    Hey guys. So with midterms, stress and eating out, my body officially hates me. I have headaches and cramps and dizzieness. But that didn't stop me from doing the workouts. today was x stretch which flew by unexpectedly. As for last night i have a feast. Had so much food i can't even begin to calculate. Any tips on how to get back up and get the junk out of the body. i need a clense or something. Im just babbling on so i can avoid doing my philosophy homeowork.
    alright have a good night guys. another core synergistics for me in the morning.
    GET Sexy with it people
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hey team x.

Missed my checkin yesterday. It was yoga & it was pretty uninspiring t'be fair.

Today was core synergistics. Man I hate the face full of carpet fluff I get on this one. Still, no denying it's a helluva routine.

Been thinking about the impending day 60. Its a week tomorrow I think. I reckon you're all gonna have to wait until day 90 to see that 6 pack ive been working on folks. I'm close but not there just yet. Them abs are certainly in the post though and I'm pleased with that.

Check in guys, what are you all hoping/expecting to see on your day 60 shots (or day 30 or 90)?

Jay
  • YVL93
    Options
    Hey hey
    So it's 1 am I got my workout in and ready for bed. Feeling alittle better. I am actually going to the doctors tomorrow to get my results from a blood test. :x
    Wendy : thanks for the xoxo s :). I ve heard wonderful things about shakeology but I can't afford it. X( but I do try to eat alot of whole foods and multivitamins to get my nutrition in. There are somedays I dread working out but once you get through it it's the best feeling in the world. Tomorrow is yoga for me again. That's not fun.
    Jay: lol to the carpet fluff I workout in my garage so in basically rolling in dirt and cracked floor paint. Good lucks with the 6 pack :)
    Bring it guys!!
  • Mike523
    Options
    Hey team! Happy Friday! Day 61 for me!

Missed my update yesterday, but I did get my Yoga X on, and then this morning got Legs & Back / Ab Ripper done.

I had a bad food night last night... Was feeling really hungry, and kind of binged a little bit. Felt like hell, and went to bed early. That definitely took its toll on my workout this morning. Legs & Back, and particularly Ab Ripper kicked my *kitten* today. I think I'll take a long walk at lunch time today to help make up for the ugly food night...

Hope everyone is doing great! BRING IT!!!

-Mike
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Hey all.

Well today was meant to be Kenpo for me but I just couldn't face another Kenpo this week so I subbed it out. I've been wanting to give Cardio X a go for a while since I won't get to see it during the course of the classic program, so I pushed play on that one today.

I gotta admit I was expecting more from this workout... Ok, it got a bit better (and by better I mean tougher) towards the end with the stuff from Core Synergistics but hey, if you're going to take a bit from each cardio workout, I can think of tougher parts of all of them.

I dunno... I guess 8 weeks ago this would have kicked my *kitten* but today it barely touched me. Definitely reckon that plyo is the stronger go-to routine for subbing out. I did enjoy the wacky jacks though, not seen them before :)

Anyways, tomorrow the plan is to start with a nice X Stretch in the morning and double it up with Core Synergistics in the afternoon/evening. Failing that (because Saturdays are notoriously hard for me), I'll at least get X Stretch in and double Sunday with Yoga and Core Synergistics. That'll get me nicely back on track and made up for the day I've been tracking behind all week.

Mike - Can I just ask, is this your first round of P90X? I just wondered because you're absolutely storming it! Not once have I seen you miss a workout. Not once have I seen you struggle with motivation. Not once have I seen you unsure of yourself or your progress... You're like a workout machine! Mad respect to you my man.

Ok Y'all, I'm out. May check in later on if I can pull myself away from the TV ;)

Jay
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Oh, P.S.

<<<< New Pic! I tell you them abs aint far off! ;)
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi gang,

I had not seen this support group until today! I am on day 48 of P90X with a mix of Insanity.... the results have been great... starting rest week on Monday (week 8) would have been nice to have this kind of group to check in with... can I join in?
  • Mike523
    Options
    Mike - Can I just ask, is this your first round of P90X? I just wondered because you're absolutely storming it! Not once have I seen you miss a workout. Not once have I seen you struggle with motivation. Not once have I seen you unsure of yourself or your progress... You're like a workout machine! Mad respect to you my man.

Yeah, this is my first round of P90X. I did a round of Power 90, and then a round of Power 90 Master Series to prepare, but this is my first time through the X. I promised myself when I started this round that barring any illness or injury, I would not be skipping any workouts. So far, the only thing I've missed was one of the optional X Stretch days during phase 1, but I've been doing that routine every Sunday for over six months anyhow, on my rest days during Power 90 and Master Series.

I appreciate the kind words... Since I've been "working out with Tony" for about 8 months now, I've become very comfortable with the 6 days a week schedule, and I know what to expect as far as results. And so far, my results from this round have been very good. Starting to see muscle definition and definitely leaning out more.
    I feel kinda bumbed that my big birthday gift will be dumbbells but I know they will helps me so much to build the upper body strength I want to work toward.

Hahaha Wendy, I got adjustable dumbbells for my birthday this year too! And I'll be getting P90X2 for Christmas! :)
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Day 54 (I think).

I got x stretch in, but didn't manage core synergistics. CS and yoga tomorrow? Maybe, but I'm realistic so maybe not. I'll do yoga tomorrow for sure but may do the pickup core synergistics on Monday.

Looking forward to revisiting the phase 1 workouts next week and bringing it hard for phase 3 to get some big time results! Home stretch guys, this is it! 5 and a bit more weeks and we're done! I'll be proudly adding P90x grad to my life achievements. That's what this is all about for me, proving to myself I've got what it takes to complete an extreme training program and get in the best shape of my life. It's in touching distance and all we gotta do is keep pushing play!

Hope everyone is having a great Halloween weekend!

Jay
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey Yall!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

I apologize for being MIA the last couple of days... I have been moving. Its interesting, the idea I had in my head of being able to move myself, my fiance, and my former roommate and still work out hard was not very logical. I am absolutely exhausted and my body is twisted and bent from this move.
    So here is the problem... Im stuck. I dont want to miss the graduation date with you guys, but I think I am going to have to. I think we are going to push our date back 2 days rather than do doubles this week. But we will be right behind you guys... dont worry!

I was feeling pretty bummed today bc I am jonesing for a workout... I need one bad. But then I checked onto myfitnesspal and looked in our message board and POOF, I feel much better. I understand that stuff comes up... I definitely underestimated this move.

Anyway... Thanks to Wendy and Jay for checking up on me. Im alive and ready to crush my workout tomorrow!
    Have a great Saturday Night Yall... Bring it double for me tomorrow! Ill be crushing it too...
    BooooooooM!
    Drew

p.s.... Jaybone.... LOOK AT THOSE ABS DUDE! POW! You are crushing it my man!
  • YVL93
    Options
    hey guys .. alittle update... yesterday was suppose to be yoga day but i replaced it with insanity pure cardio. i think stretch x and yoga x is enough for a week no need for 2 x yoga....needed a calorie burner in there. today was rest and tomorow is my day 1 of phase 2 CANT WAITTTTT.
    all you guys are awesome. MY last attempt at p90x i was up to day 43 this time im hoping to be awesome like you guys and surpass that =] .
    BRING IT =]
  • spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    Hey I am 30 days down into my first round of p90x, i Havant posted a lot but I have been reading all your progress posts and it is really motivating.

I am starting to notice gradule changes, my profile pic is one i had taken yesterday after my kenpo workout. I'm actually starting to enjoy kenpo now im getting a lot better at the kicks because i sucked at them at first, i know many people don't seem to like this workout but I guess I like learning something new.

Overall I am noticing difference on most the workouts from week 1, I do better on keeping up with the plyo but not quite perfected it yet, same with the Yoga, which I had never done before, still cant nail the crane or half moon and half moon twist.

Still cant do a lot of pushups of my legs but i know this will take time as i never really did proper push ups before (i did my first triceps workout last week and because it was mostly pushups i did struggle a lot) and before this id never done one pull up so
    i am still doing assisted ones.

I am still fighting to get my flat stomach, even though i can see gradule muscles coming through on my stomach, i have lost some a little of my hips though and am developing some muscle on my legs now which i never really had before so am happy with that and have noticed my fitness levels improving some :)

It's my day of today but am considering doing x stretch as my calves feel a little sore and I think my body needs it.
  • Ucsb23
    Ucsb23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    HI all! So this has not been a great week for me. I had to miss three days in a row due to crazy hours at work. I jumped back in today and feel so much better. I was missing the workouts and could feel it in my body. I'm going to make sure I do not miss a day for the rest of the program. Its harde to believe that phase three is going to start on Tuesday.

I'm starting to think what I am going to do after the program is over. I will probably do another round as I have a lot more to do to tone up and 20 more pounds to lose but I am going to take the rest of the month od December off and just hit the gym 3 or 4 times a week. I also bought a Groupon for a yoga studio close to my house so will use it right after the program. Thisnk that would be good after this program.

What are you guys going to do after the program ends? Probably jumping ahead but I'm a serious planner and I am already thinking about post P90x and how I'm going to keep it going.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
  • YVL93
    Options
    Hey all
    Oh man is it cold in the morning. So I subbed insanity pure cardio for plyometrics. But before insanity I wanted to see what cardio x was like. Didn't like it so I turned insanity on. Chest shoulder and triceps was great yesterday :). Looking forward to back and biceps tomorrow :)
    Cya and bring it :) hopefully everyone had a good weekend and week to come
  • larr25
    larr25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I just started my 2nd week of P90x. I did the Power 90 first and between that and MFP I have lost about 39 pounds. I am fired up about doing the P90x but doing the pullups make me feel pathetic. I am doing a good number of reps on everything else. But am stuggling to do 3 pullups. Anybody else start off with a low number like this? Would just like to get that number higher so I will feel better when I struggle to do my last rep.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Started week 10 yesterday, chest shoulders and triceps was super tough on my left shoulder, so I did less than week 7 on many exercises with weights but I focused a lot on good form, and increased on all the max reps exercises.
    Ab ripper is going well, I am dreading the scissors less and less, at least I can do all 25 of em without pausing.

Quite close to my goal now, weight wise, but I want to start building up some muscles, and I am not sure on what I should focus to do that, except for the 8 to 10 reps.
    I guess I should increase the amount of protein I eat as a start, any pointers other than that?