Replies

• digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sorry :( I'll stop wearing it ;_;
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    My question would be whether they're being worn for fashion or utility. It's annoying to have hair and sweat in your face while working out. Sweat dripping in your eyes is a not a fun experience. Something to think about.

^
    This
    We're not being negative. Is having a little fun offensive these days? Must be. '-' everything else is.

You are ridiculing people for what they wear. There are other posters who are calling women horrible names for wearing clothing that is different to what they would wear. How is that 'fun'? How is that not being negative?

At my current gym I had a guy make fun of me because of my weight. Told me to get my fat *kitten* off the equipment so the people who are worth a damn could use it. What you are doing is similar. You're just not doing it to their faces.

Life's too short to worry about others.

^
    That

I am too busy and focused on my workout to worry about other people while in the gym. As long as they aren't fully nakkid, who cares?
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    I wouldn't ever make fun of someone for their weight or for what they wear.

Let's not exclude the women who wear them, wearing full make-up, and smelling like a French Ho!

Nothing worse then perfume girl getting on the treadmill next to you going for a stroll.

This! I see girls at the rec center with their face painted on, hair all pretty in a cute messy bun, strong perfume, and dangly earrings xD

Maybe they are the local gym sluts?

lmao...maybe i'm missing something but you are indeed making fun of people and what they wear. i don't care either way, but i think it's hilarious that you say you don't do it..if you're going to do it, own up to it, people do it all the time.
    Actually I was making fun of this "girls at the rec center with their face painted on, hair all pretty in a cute messy bun, strong perfume, and dangly earrings" I wasn't making fun of what they were wearing or their weight. But we all know there are girls out there that would do this on purpose for attention.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

Let's not exclude the women who wear them, wearing full make-up, and smelling like a French Ho!

Nothing worse then perfume girl getting on the treadmill next to you going for a stroll.

This! I see girls at the rec center with their face painted on, hair all pretty in a cute messy bun, strong perfume, and dangly earrings xD

lmao...maybe i'm missing something but you are indeed making fun of people and what they wear. i don't care either way, but i think it's hilarious that you say you don't do it..if you're going to do it, own up to it, people do it all the time.
    Actually I was making fun of this "girls at the rec center with their face painted on, hair all pretty in a cute messy bun, strong perfume, and dangly earrings" I wasn't making fun of what they were wearing or their weight. But we all know there are girls out there that would do this on purpose for attention.

which is people...and what they wear...no? lol
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

Considering "what they wear" in this topic would mean clothing, makeup is clothes.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

Considering "what they wear" in this topic would mean clothing, makeup is clothes.

LMAO...you called them sluts though...
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Hey, I used to wear a bandana to the gym because I thought it looked cool when I was 17. Then I realized that most of the things I did when I was 17 were stupid and I wasn't a pirate (much to my dismay) and a hat would serve many of the same functions without the *kitten* overtones of the bandana wrapped around my dome. I'm just saying . . .

And you think a hat looks better? Oops.

Hey, I often wear a hat to the gym, but that because I dont feel like doing my hair lol..it sweats out anyways~~

The bandana/hat issue applies to guys only. Girls always look cute in hats.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

Yeah...in a joke.
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The bandanna may look funny, but I'll take that over someone leaving an oil slick on a pad from their head, which should be getting wiped clean anyways!

Of course, many guys work through sets on shared equipment so fast they don't care. Oh well, the germs that don't kill us make us stronger.

:smile:
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    The bandanna may look funny, but I'll take that over someone leaving an oil slick on a pad from their head, which should be getting wiped clean anyways!

Of course, many guys work through sets on shared equipment so fast they don't care. Oh well, the germs that don't kill us make us stronger.

Well said :smile: I'm sure it's also way better then having sweat burn your eye's out lol
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

Yeah...in a joke.

that makes it completely okay :happy: don't worry about me, i'm at work bored, i just felt like messing with ya :smile:
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

LMAO or give us staph.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

ive found its almost always the over 50 crowd that wears too much perfume. and not only do they wear too much but their selections are always of the more pungent variety.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

ive found its almost always the over 50 crowd that wears too much perfume. and not only do they wear too much but their selections are always of the more pungent variety.

There is one woman at my gym..she is completely buff, and does all kinds of strength training and hardcore cardio, and she would be my idol *except* she is always wearing fishnet stockings and gallons of cheap perfume.

If people weren't weird, it would be a very, very boring world.
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Maybe the girls with their faces all done up and hair looking cute, came to the gym right after work. i do this 90% of the time.

This ^^^^^^^

I go to the gym straight from work, so there will be remnants of makeup and a cute hairdo for about the 1st 15 minutes. I do, however, wear a bandana on my head. I sweat a great deal when I work out and it helps to keep the sweat out of my eyes.
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Please stop. It doesn't look as cool as you think it does. Thanks.

You can add Tap Out , Skin and Affliction T's to this list.

Guys...tight, plain white tees are good :)

I tried that.. but when it gets all sweat soaked you an see right through it. It's also hard to peel off a wet t-shirt.

That seems like saying you can't wear an Aerosmith shirt if you aren't in the band!
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Hey I'm over 50 and I don't wear perfume at all. Closest I come is some essential oil mixed in with my body oil after a shower and that either gets rubbed in or dried off. :drinker: I can't stand commercial perfume blech.