Thinner for Thanksgiving! 7 week challenge

Options

Replies

• MarineWifey09
    Options
    Thanks Maria! I am a bit curious how this week will go since my parents are visiting. Today was not as bad as it could have been. I am guestimating after I powerwalked my *kitten* off this evening that I broke even with my calories or maybe was a hundred or so over....but I drank a TON of water/unsweet tea so if I can at least keep it to that or maybe under a couple days I will be happy. I just want to maintain this week. You can't have company in visiting you in HAWAII and not expect to eat things you normally don't. I just don't want to act like a stickler when it comes to food and I only have a limited time with them. So my goal is to stay where I am at this week. Good luck to me! I am, however, doing the challenge as directed and I am definitely feeling the calf raises. I think I need to up my dips because I want to feel that burn! Have a wonderful week everyone and happy Halloween!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    alright guys - I'm back in the grind. Had a long weekend at work, and this weekend is going to be even longer (biggest hockey tournament of the year = dave work 12 hours on Friday, 14 on Saturday, and will finish it out with a 10 hour shift on sunday!). So, I'm going to try and kick butt during this week to get me back down to where I was before I went on my trip last week. I did unoffically weigh in at 235 last friday, so I know I've got a bunch of work to do to get back to the 230 ish I was before Ieft. I checked this morning and I weighed 232.6, so I'm making progress back to where I was. Doesn't help that my wife made cookies with reese peanut butter cups in them (yum) plus brownies for her work party - but I'm being good. Going to take my daughter trick or treatin this evening and maybe hit the gym again after she goes to bed. I'm back, and I'm here to kick some BUTT!

Dave
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I forgot to report my weight loss last week (it's been a crazy week!)...but I was down to 148.8! I was super excited to see the loss :smile:
    However, since then, I've been out of town with catered meals, a lot of eating out...and little exercise. The scale is now saying I'm already up 3lbs :frown: I work so hard to lose 1 lb a week...and then just a few days of indulgence and I'm up that much?? It's frustrating! I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things but am really lacking motivation.
    Hope the rest of you are having a much better week.
    Any encouragement you want to send my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys!! Keep up your great work!
    ~Joy
  • ratsyroo
    Options
    alright guys - I'm back in the grind. Had a long weekend at work, and this weekend is going to be even longer (biggest hockey tournament of the year = dave work 12 hours on Friday, 14 on Saturday, and will finish it out with a 10 hour shift on sunday!). So, I'm going to try and kick butt during this week to get me back down to where I was before I went on my trip last week. I did unoffically weigh in at 235 last friday, so I know I've got a bunch of work to do to get back to the 230 ish I was before Ieft. I checked this morning and I weighed 232.6, so I'm making progress back to where I was. Doesn't help that my wife made cookies with reese peanut butter cups in them (yum) plus brownies for her work party - but I'm being good. Going to take my daughter trick or treatin this evening and maybe hit the gym again after she goes to bed. I'm back, and I'm here to kick some BUTT!

Dave
    Glad to see you are back and motivated! I've had a really hard week and have also seen a gain. :frown: Having a bit of trouble getting back in the swing of things but reading your post, knowing someone else is going through a setback but is so motivated & ready to kick butt --has helped encourage me to do the same. We got this, right?! :happy:
  • henney16
    Options
    Todays weight = 232.2

I am up from 2 weeks ago before I left, but down from 235 when I got back from my trip. Need to keep pushing to get back down for next weeks weigh in
  • henney16
    Options

Dave
    Glad to see you are back and motivated! I've had a really hard week and have also seen a gain. :frown: Having a bit of trouble getting back in the swing of things but reading your post, knowing someone else is going through a setback but is so motivated & ready to kick butt --has helped encourage me to do the same. We got this, right?! :happy:

Yes joy, we got this!
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Week 0: 136.8 (
    ) -- starting weight
    Week 1: 133.8 (-3.0 lbs)
    Week 2: 136.4 (+2.6 lbs) -- sick
    Week 3: 133.2 (-2.8 lbs)
    Week 4: 130.8 (-2.4 lbs)
    Week 5: 129.4 (-1.4 lbs)

Another good week -- I lost 1.4 lbs! I can't believe that I've lost 7.4 lbs and have already exceeded my goal of losing 7 lbs, with 2 more weeks to go!

I've never been able to lose weight this fast before. Having a great group of people in this challenge has made me feel super motivated. :happy: I just wanted to say that I really appreciate everyone's encouragement and support so far. And a big thank you to Mandy for organizing this challenge!

Let's all do well on week 6!
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Sept. 30: 269.8
    Oct 07: 269.8
    Oct 14: 267.8
    Oct 28: 268.8
    Nov 04: 267.0

Down 1.8. EXTREMELY happy to have shaved off that gained pound plus the four fifths pound from mid October. Still need to kick it up a notch if I'm going to hit gold by turkey day.
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    207 A 1/2 pound loss again. I know I should be happy for any loss but I'm not happy about this :sad:
  • ratsyroo
    Options
    ) -- starting weight

Another good week -- I lost 1.4 lbs! I can't believe that I've lost 7.4 lbs and have already exceeded my goal of losing 7 lbs, with 2 more weeks to go!

I've never been able to lose weight this fast before. Having a great group of people in this challenge has made me feel super motivated. :happy: I just wanted to say that I really appreciate everyone's encouragement and support so far. And a big thank you to Mandy for organizing this challenge!

Wow--that is awesome! You should be proud of yourself :happy:
  • ratsyroo
    Options
    207 A 1/2 pound loss again. I know I should be happy for any loss but I'm not happy about this :sad:
    Hang in there! One week soon, you're gonna see a big loss I bet! Try not to be too discouraged....I actually gained this week but am determined to get back on track! Just keep up the good work--it will pay off! :smile:
  • ratsyroo
    Options

Down 1.8. EXTREMELY happy to have shaved off that gained pound plus the four fifths pound from mid October. Still need to kick it up a notch if I'm going to hit gold by turkey day.
    Way to make up that gain--and then some! Great job...keep up the good work :smile:
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Todays weight = 232.2

I am up from 2 weeks ago before I left, but down from 235 when I got back from my trip. Need to keep pushing to get back down for next weeks weigh in
    @ Dave - you can do it! You've already made a lot of progress since getting back from your trip. :smile:
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    I forgot to report my weight loss last week (it's been a crazy week!)...but I was down to 148.8! I was super excited to see the loss :smile:
    However, since then, I've been out of town with catered meals, a lot of eating out...and little exercise. The scale is now saying I'm already up 3lbs :frown: I work so hard to lose 1 lb a week...and then just a few days of indulgence and I'm up that much?? It's frustrating! I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things but am really lacking motivation.
    Hope the rest of you are having a much better week.
    Any encouragement you want to send my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys!! Keep up your great work!
    ~Joy
    Don't worry, a lot of that 3 lbs is probably just water weight. Just focus on following your eating/exercise plans one day at a time, and I get you'll have a great weigh-in next week!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options

@ Joe - that's awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    @ Maria - its OK, just focus more this week. And if water weight fluctuations were masking your weight loss this week, you'll have a great weigh-in next week!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    ) -- starting weight

Wow--that is awesome! You should be proud of yourself :happy:
    @ratsyroo - thanks so much! :happy: It looks like the extra exercise is paying off!
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe that Week 5 is already over and we are on to Week 6! Less than three weeks to Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of you on this challenge!

Mimi - You are golden! Rocked it again this week! So hard core - love it!
    Maria - A loss is a loss - and that's awesome!
    Dave - Bringing it back in line and getting that trip weight off again - nice!
    Joy - Some weeks are great, some are not so much. But your trend is totally in the right direction, and that's the money ticket! Make Week 6 count!
    Joe - Hats off to you, buddy! You just keep doing that weight loss limbo - lower every time!

As for me - I held steady again. I am actually just fine with that. I had a rough personal patch these past ten days or so, and that's why I haven't been such a great group member lately. I wasn't really counting calories, but I kept exercising. My mind was just elsewhere. But everything is behind me now. I feel like I am ready to tackle the next three weeks with gusto! Yesterday I got through all of Jillian's Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism for the first time! Of course, I am super sore today! I went for a 6.5 mile run this morning - my fastest distance run ever averaging 10:38 minutes/mile! So my weight hasn't dropped, but my fitness is improving. I REALLY want to see a 2.0 pound loss over the next three weeks, so watch out for that!

As for a WEEK 6 MINI-CHALLENGE... I really think we should try wall squats for our isometric move. See how many seconds you can hold it. Then, try to breathe deeply and slowly and increase it by a few seconds each day. I am super excited to see how this progresses throughout the week. Check out this website for instructions:
    http://www.exercise-to-a-healthier-life.com/wall-squats.html
    And for the calisthenics, let's just do one minute of "jumping rope" for one minute. I put it in quote, since you don't actually need to use a jump rope to jump in place for a minute. It's a calf killer, dude!
    SO... One wall squat to your maximum time and one minute of jump rope (you guessed it!) THREE times per day if you dare!

The latest spreadsheet will be up in about three minutes. Get moving and counting, friends!

http://www.schmole.com/myfitnesspal/results.htm
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Thanks Mandy! :happy: The extra exercise is really helping! Its hard to believe, but walking or do leg lifts instead of standing or sitting apparently burns a lot of calories if you do it every day for the entire day. Its been a great supplement to my usual morning workout, and it seems to be burning ~.5 lbs more fat each week, which increases my previous fat loss rate by ~50%!
    As for me - I held steady again. I am actually just fine with that. I had a rough personal patch these past ten days or so, and that's why I haven't been such a great group member lately. I wasn't really counting calories, but I kept exercising. My mind was just elsewhere. But everything is behind me now. I feel like I am ready to tackle the next three weeks with gusto! Yesterday I got through all of Jillian's Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism for the first time! Of course, I am super sore today! I went for a 6.5 mile run this morning - my fastest distance run ever averaging 10:38 minutes/mile! So my weight hasn't dropped, but my fitness is improving. I REALLY want to see a 2.0 pound loss over the next three weeks, so watch out for that!
    If you haven't gained, and you're getting more fit, I'd say you're doing fine. :smile: But its great that you're ready to get back on track with the weight loss part -- I bet you'll have a great week! You can do it!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe that Week 5 is already over and we are on to Week 6! Less than three weeks to Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of you on this challenge!

Maria - A loss is a loss - and that's awesome!
    Dave - Bringing it back in line and getting that trip weight off again - nice!
    Joy - Some weeks are great, some are not so much. But your trend is totally in the right direction, and that's the money ticket! Make Week 6 count!
    Joe - Hats off to you, buddy! You just keep doing that weight loss limbo - lower every time!

As for a WEEK 6 MINI-CHALLENGE... I really think we should try wall squats for our isometric move. See how many seconds you can hold it. Then, try to breathe deeply and slowly and increase it by a few seconds each day. I am super excited to see how this progresses throughout the week. Check out this website for instructions:
    http://www.exercise-to-a-healthier-life.com/wall-squats.html
    And for the calisthenics, let's just do one minute of "jumping rope" for one minute. I put it in quote, since you don't actually need to use a jump rope to jump in place for a minute. It's a calf killer, dude!
    SO... One wall squat to your maximum time and one minute of jump rope (you guessed it!) THREE times per day if you dare!

The latest spreadsheet will be up in about three minutes. Get moving and counting, friends!

http://www.schmole.com/myfitnesspal/results.htm

I did not weigh in this week. It is that time of the month and with my parents being in town I know I was bad. I am going to work double time this week to catch up. I just know for my sanity I can't bear to see what that number on the scale is....lol.

The challenge is going to be intense but this is exactly what I need to get my butt in gear again!