Run 100 miles in November challenge.

Options
I'm training for a Half-Marathon in January, and would like to give/get support to fellow runners out there.

We'll start tracking November 1. I can do a spreadsheet with weekly totals, depending on how many are interested.

Thanks.

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I will take the 100 mile challenge for November!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Oh...doing two in January. Better put my name down for this challenge. Thanks!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'd love to, but I'm still only on week 5 of C25K!
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I'm also running a 1/2 marathon in January. I'm in!
  • llkeefe
    llkeefe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will run my first half marathon on April 22, 2012.:smile:
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i opened this. closed it. opened it again. decided against it... then decided that if you are here to keep me accountable, i CAN do this.
  • rlf58
    rlf58 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this! I have only done 5k so far, but would love to improve both time and distance.
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm in! I've been looking for a November challenge, and with my 10k Turkey Trot only 3 weeks away, it's time to get moving!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Damn. I am all in. HOLD ME TO IT!!!
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    Those also doing the challenge, I would love it if you would friend me! We can keep each other motivated!
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    Those also doing the challenge, I would love it if you would friend me! We can keep each other motivated!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just finished my first 1/2 marathon on October and plan to do another one in April... want to maintain at least 20 miles/week between now and then...

Guess I'll have to bump it up to 25/week for November...

How often do you want us to report our mileage?
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How often do you want us to report our mileage?

Every Monday would be good.

Also, any one feel free to add me as a friend. Thanks.
  • MissFit0101
    Options
    I am so very excited to be part of this challenge, and can't wait for November. I just recently started running further distances... one weekend did my longest at 10 miles, then last weekend upped it to 12 miles. Thought I would die by the end lol but I got it done with no stopping. I ultimately want to run a marathon someday, if only once, just to say I did it. For now I am just running to run and chasing that runner's high because I sure get one everytime I take long runs. Thanks for letting me be a part of this challenge, just wanted to give you a little info about myself. Thanks for all the adds, and I will do my best to encourage you all along the way.

PS> Happy Halloweenie :bigsmile:
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join this challenge although I only made it to 77 miles the month of oct :( Hopefully I can get up to 100 this month!!!
  • onebeer
    onebeer Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm up for it. Did my first half marathon in August (2hrs 21) following a dip in training due to pressures of work. No such excuses now, and next half planned for April next year - aiming for 2hrs..

Good luck all!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Everyone add me! I need to be held accountable! This is a BIG challenge for me! But I pushed myself an extra mile today just to get myself ready for it!!
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would love to be included....I tried 100 in October and didint' quite make it...so this is my do-over ;0) Thanks!
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    Hey! I was wanting to run a half in January as well! Count me in!!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    LET' S DO THIS!!

Remember, keep track of your mileage and report back here EVERY TUESDAY.

I'll post a chart each Wednesday with our progress.

Happy Running!