Disgusted at celebrities...

Options

Replies

• GentlyLosing
    GentlyLosing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    After hearing today about Kim Kardashian's divorce with her husband after 72 days of marriage (and a $10 million dollar wedding), I am just repulsed at how celebrities behave. Just because they have the money to do it, doesn't mean that they should look at marriages as something disposable and unfixable as soon as one disagreement hits the fan.

They are horrible role models for children, whether it be about weight, marriage and family, or drugs. I really wish that America would stop giving them so much media attention.

I agree!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    wow. Judgemental much? How do you know what happened in the marriage. Some marriages can't be saved.

Yes, I agree, but a 72 day marriage isn't making any effort at all to make it work. Yes, I am being judgemental, because I believe marriage is a sacred and special thing and I'm tired of seeing people who only add to the divorce rate in our country.
    What the hell do you care...it's not you.

And this is the problem with this country today, not enough guts to care about anyone but your damn self.....pathetic response!

REALLY?
    When it comes to helping other people if you can, that should be important.
    But as far as caring about the marriage of some C list skank. WHO CARES? It's not "having guts" to care about this. It's just futile.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    wow. Judgemental much? How do you know what happened in the marriage. Some marriages can't be saved.

Yes, I agree, but a 72 day marriage isn't making any effort at all to make it work. Yes, I am being judgemental, because I believe marriage is a sacred and special thing and I'm tired of seeing people who only add to the divorce rate in our country.
    What the hell do you care...it's not you.

And this is the problem with this country today, not enough guts to care about anyone but your damn self.....pathetic response!

dp
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    The New Jersey Housewives are much more entertaining...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    people complain about how much her wedding costs and how that money could have gone to a good cause. i wonder how much they spent on their own wedding? 5K 10? 20? to most people in the world that is a fortune and they probably think you should have spent that on a good cause.

its all relative. live and let live.

I spent $50.00 on mine:laugh:
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    They are horrible role models for children, whether it be about weight, marriage and family, or drugs. I really wish that America would stop giving them so much media attention.

If you allow your kids to see the Kardashians as role models YOU are their biggest problem, not celebrities.
    No, the problem is that too many people are worried about what everyone else is doing and not enough about THEIR OWN DAMN LIVES.

:drinker:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me just:

tCp90.gif
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    It only bothers me when people say that gay marriage would ruin the sanctity of marriage. Really? I don't see anyone protesting to take away Kim Kardashian's right to get married for a few weeks to increase her reality show ratings...

AGREED!!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me just:

tCp90.gif

LMFAO i love this!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    people complain about how much her wedding costs and how that money could have gone to a good cause. i wonder how much they spent on their own wedding? 5K 10? 20? to most people in the world that is a fortune and they probably think you should have spent that on a good cause.

We spent $65 on ours :bigsmile:
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I kind of think that the OP's point was that the news is so prevalent. It's hard to avoid it, especially since I personally listen to the radio every day in my car. I'm sure none of you actually thinks it's a good thing that their wedding only lasted 72 days...do you?
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It only bothers me when people say that gay marriage would ruin the sanctity of marriage. Really? I don't see anyone protesting to take away Kim Kardashian's right to get married for a few weeks to increase her reality show ratings...

THIS x 1000! :bigsmile:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

We spent $65 on ours :bigsmile:

Damn, you two. And here I was feeling all smug that i spent only $2000 on mine, but that included all the clothing and my maid of honor's air fair. Does that still count as good and frugal?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Did anyone REALLY think this was going to work? Kim is a *kitten*. No relationship is going to be more important than her notoriety as long as she is still in the spotlight.

fixed it for you

Thanks, but I think you were expressing your opinion, not mine. I don't think she's a *kitten*. I think she's just been too caught up in the seeking of headlines that it doesn't allow for a healthy relationship. Big difference between a drama queen and a prostitute.

I'm only taking exception to being edited. Nothing else.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Isn't this whole thread media attention?
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Isn't this whole thread media attention?

d'oh
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I kind of think that the OP's point was that the news is so prevalent. It's hard to avoid it, especially since I personally listen to the radio every day in my car. I'm sure none of you actually thinks it's a good thing that their wedding only lasted 72 days...do you?

I really don't care. It has zero affect on my life. I don't know them, I've never met them, I never will. She could marry a Bengal Tiger and it wouldn't have any bearing on me or my life. I think getting wrapped up in the lives of people you don't know and who don't know you is really the bigger issue.

Sorry for my lack of "guts". Next time I'll get a People magazine and really make the world a better place.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Just so you know...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnz0ZpiNUN2FJ8RCXPoD3eR64iqvlM-wKTW7jwxBvhYDn_tqOReg

Just kidding...LOL! :bigsmile:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Some here really need: meal.gif
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Did anyone REALLY think this was going to work? Kim is a *kitten*. No relationship is going to be more important than her notoriety as long as she is still in the spotlight.

fixed it for you

Thanks, but I think you were expressing your opinion, not mine. I don't think she's a *kitten*. I think she's just been too caught up in the seeking of headlines that it doesn't allow for a healthy relationship. Big difference between a drama queen and a prostitute.

I'm only taking exception to being edited. Nothing else.

oh good lord. simmer down

nita096po.jpg