Sixers Spring Into Summer - Week 2

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    We went to Texas Roadhouse Sunday night thinking I was ordering somewhat healthy, nothing fried and no soda, yuhh huhha the steak tips, secretly hiding fat and calories in the sauce.... almost 1000 calories later I waddle out with what my daughter would say " a food baby" :laugh:

Oh My Gosh -- I had heard it before but forgotten it, so seeing "food baby" made me LAUGH OUT LOUD.

I did better last night, not great but much improved.
    I only had ONE dinner instead of three. :bigsmile:
    Working through it, working through it.

I wasn't able to work out or weigh in like normal yesterday. I have a coworker who recently lost his father, and he was about to break down at his desk, so I asked if he wanted to go for a walk to clear his head. We walked around downtown (in the 34* wind chill, haha) for about a half hour. I may have burned 100 calories, but the emotional satisfaction of helping out someone else in their time of need outweighed any workout I could have gotten. Being there for others is what life is all about.... and having lived by that mantra, I have many many friends who are supportive of me right now. I'm a firm believer that if you do good things, good things will happen to you.

I'll weigh in later today.

Has anyone seen the movie "I Am Sam"? During my insomniatic episode last night, I caught part of it on TBS and just CRIED. It was so moving, so sweet, so dear. I just kept crying and crying, happy tears, sad tears, laughter tears. I think I need to rent it now.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Hi eveyrone, I think I am going to sit this challenge out this time... I will be back when u start the next 6 week challenge. I have been so busy lately. I think after school comes to an end and scouts and baseball are almost over I will be better. I never though cub scouts would take up so much of my time but it does. Been having to plan lots of things lately. I might come in and chat though of ya'll dont mind.

Connie
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Mind??? You are always welcomed here, Connie!!! Stop by anytime!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Hello all. I got on the scale this morning. It is not good. up another 2 pounds. I just cant figure it out. We have been eating well all week. Actually have not had a bad meal yet since Friday. It has me puzzled. I am still less than 2 weeks post surgery so I am just not going to stress too hard about it.

Yesterday was a stressful day but I didnt binge or anything. It was my dad's birthday so I spent much of the day remembering him and wishing he was still with us.

I am out of sorts today. I feel a little spacey! Yikes. Hopefully it passes quickly.

Congrats to all who have lost weight. Way to go! I hope to join you soon! I must join you soon.

Shanell
    SW 211 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 211 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0
    AmyLou
    SW 153.4 lbs/ GW 148 lbs/ CW 154.6 lbs PROGRESS +1.2
    Cathy
    SW 203 lbs/ GW 196 lbs/ CW 206 lbs PROGRESS +3
    Stephanie
    SW 174.6 lbs/GW 165 lbs/CW 171.0 lbs PROGRESS -3.6 lbs
    Tammara
    SW 211lbs/ GW 198 lbs/ CW207.5 lbs PROGRESS -3.5 lbs
    Kristin
    SW 169 lbs/ GW 175 lbs/ CW 168.5 lbs PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW 180 lbs/ GW 170 lbs/ CW 178.4 lbs PROGRESS - 1.6 lbs
    Amy
    SW 198lbs/ GW185 lbs/ CW200 lbs PROGRESS +2.0 lbs

Brandy
    SW 174 lbs/ GW 161 lbs/ CW 171 lbs PROGRESS - 3
    EM:
    SW 146.4 lbs/GW 141.4 lbs / CW 146.4 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Tan
    SW 289 lbs/GW 279 lbs / CW 289 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Robin
    SW 185.5lbs/ GW 179.5lbs/ CW 185.5lbs PROGRESS
    TudorRose----SW 204 lbs/ GW 193 lbs/ CW 204 lbs PROGRESS +/-0
    Lauryn
    SW 162.5lbs/ GW 159.5lbs/ CW 162.5lbs PROGRESS +/- 0
    Brittany
    SW 219lbs/ GW 205/ CW 220 PROGRESS +1 lbs... sigh
    Tiff
    SW 152.2lbs/ GW 141.6lbs/ CW 152.2 lbs PROGRESS 0.00
    Crystal
    SW 175 lbs/GW 163 lbs/CW 175 lbs PROGRESS =/- 0

Everyone have a wonderful day!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Hi eveyrone, I think I am going to sit this challenge out this time... I will be back when u start the next 6 week challenge. I have been so busy lately. I think after school comes to an end and scouts and baseball are almost over I will be better. I never though cub scouts would take up so much of my time but it does. Been having to plan lots of things lately. I might come in and chat though of ya'll dont mind.

Connie

Sounds like you are super busy. I am sure you love it though. Nothing like being so very active in our kids lives. They certainly benefit from it later in life!

We hope to have you back soon!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I previously erased my ticker.
    Modified, I've replaced it.
    25lbs to go. I was at 19lbs to go only 3 weeks ago.
    Gotta focus, gotta focus, gotta focus.
    I have all of April, May and a few days of June until my 10th class reunion.
    I'd like to look stunning.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Well, you already are stunning-- so let's get that straight right now.

As weird as this sounds, find your comfort in the control you've gained over this enemy. When hubby lost his job last year, it was oddly calming to know I wasn't going to drown my freaked out emotions in food because I was on my way to conquering this.

You can do this, woman-- glad to see your ticker back. You're stronger than all you're going through-- you'll lose your last 25.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Lauryn, that is indeed a great way to spend some time - it's so great to have real relationships with people in your life. Truly, that's what it's about!!

Connie, do what you need. Of COURSE you're welcome here :flowerforyou:

Cathy, Kristin, Shanell, Tamm, Tiff, Amy, AmyLou, RedSox... HI!!

Well I'm pleased as punch that I weighed in today at the same as yesterday. My weight *seems* to be fluctuating less and I'm hoping that means I've found something that works now in having upped my cals by 200 a day!

It's another beautiful sunny day here so we need to get ourselves fed and get outside! Have a great one ladies :bigsmile:
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I had brain fart. I kinda forgot about the challenge for the last couple of days. um...are there any special rules for this challenge or is it jsut logging food, exercise, and recipes still.

What days are we suppose to updates.

As of the 4th I weighed 286 which is 3 pounds lighter from starting the challenge.

Congratulations to all of the people who are having success and keep pushing.

I have a team meetng but I will be back to read all of the comments.

have a good day ladies
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

As weird as this sounds, find your comfort in the control you've gained over this enemy. When hubby lost his job last year, it was oddly calming to know I wasn't going to drown my freaked out emotions in food because I was on my way to conquering this.

You can do this, woman-- glad to see your ticker back. You're stronger than all you're going through-- you'll lose your last 25.

Oh Marla,
    Thanks for popping in to give such wonderful support. :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Oh Marla,
    Thanks for popping in to give such wonderful support. :flowerforyou:

:smooched: Popping back out, now!
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    morning ladies!!! :flowerforyou: I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

:heart: pedal... after writing that down i realized that it sounded crazy.... (abs everyday... yikes :laugh: ) BUT then i looked at the video again and each workout targets a particular part of the core / butt / legs ... so i can do 1 session per day ... as long as I follow the program... although I think I am going to take sunday / wednesday as rest days and do some cardio (walk / run / hike or bike)...

:heart: tjones7. no special rules... weigh in on tuesday (at that point a new thread will start... usually one of us starts it monday night so people can kind it on the boards)... other than that it is just staying on track and lots of support :flowerforyou:

:heart: Lauryn. How are you? :flowerforyou:

Still WICKED sick ... I have a crazy head cold... and I have been eating everything in sight... I wish I was one of those people who lost their appetite when I get sick... I think because I find comfort in food I turn to it when I am sad or sick or down for any reason... :frown: but having said that... I can make an effort to change that... so far today I have been eating great... and I ordered food for monday (I got a 30$ off coupon from peapod... I NEVER order from there ... I usually go bargain shopping ... store to store...) but I figured this was too good to pass up... plus I have nooo time this weekend to go shopping and I NEED food... or I am going to turn back to the fast food.... so I am wicked excited for my order ... they even have this cool filter you can set up to help you make good decisions... I custom make mine... so that it highlights foods that fall within the nutritional criteria I have set... wicked fun! I tell ya even if I don't order from there I think I might make my shopping list on it :laugh: so that I can really spend some time looking at what I am really buying... :bigsmile: sorry for the rant I just got so excited! :heart: em
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Em, sorry you feel sick, I hope you get better soon!!! :flowerforyou: Never heard of Peapod, might have to look that up...

I weighed in today. Down 3lbs from Monday. :laugh: LMAO :laugh: LMAO :laugh: LMAO :laugh:
    I JUST MET MY SIX WEEK GOAL :laugh: LMAO :laugh: LMAO :laugh: LMAO :laugh:
    Musta been some killer water retention. Great way to kickstart getting back on track. Can't wait to see what I can accomplish by the end of this challenge!!!

25lbs to go? Make that 22lbs to go!! WAHOOO!

Shanell
    AmyLou
    Cathy
    Stephanie
    Tammara
    Kristin
    Rhiannon
    Amy
    Lauryn
    SW 162.5lbs/ GW 159.5lbs/ CW 159.5lbs PROGRESS - 3.0 lbs

Brandy
    EM:
    Tan
    Robin
    Brittany
    SW 219lbs/ GW 205/ CW 220 PROGRESS +1 lbs... sigh
    Tiff
    Crystal
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    YAY LAURYN!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Lauryn!!! Hahahahaha :laugh: :bigsmile: Don't you love it when those things happen?? Yay you!!

We had a nice walk at the dog park today but the weather totally soured when we were out and got chilly and grey. Came home and made a DELICIOUS bagel sandwich for myself (1/2 sprouted grain bagel, 2 T hummus, 2 T salsa, spinach, tomato and my homemade spiced bison burger sliced on top). Tonight I'm going to a huge party that my brother planned at his restaurant (he's a chef) and there will be a ton of free food so I'm mentally preparing myself to not go nuts with that - I really want to make my goal this challenge!

TTYL :bigsmile:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Sorry for this being late and me being absent I am really hoping things will get better after this week.
    So I am happy to report I have lost 2 pounds even though I havent been to the gym all week.
    (I REALLY MISS THE GYM!) I cannot wait to have time to go again soon.
    So on a happier note my man got a new job one that pays more and he starts on Saturday.
    As for me Im still crazy busy and barely have a minute to take a shower let alone go work out.
    but I have been sticking to my calories!
    <3 you guys
    B

Shanell
    AmyLou
    Cathy
    Stephanie
    Tammara
    Kristin
    Rhiannon
    Amy
    Lauryn
    Brittany
    SW 219lbs/ GW 205/ CW 218 PROGRESS -2 lbs

Brandy
    EM:
    Tan
    Robin
    Tiff
    Crystal
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Brit, glad to hear good news on the boyfriend job front AND weight loss!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sorry, sorry. Can't guarantee I'll be around too much these next few weeks, I'm afraid. My dissertation is due the 24th and I've just made a massive change in terms of structure. Factor in a job hunt, moving home (not just in terms of the physical moving- it gives me other priorities that just don't exist in my student house), running a campus wide writing competition and co-organising an open mic night, along with the rest of my life still needing to slot in there, I'm kind of run off my feet. I'll still try to slink in but I may be a bit useless at personals :ohwell: Sorry. Hope all is well, all problems being solved, goals being met (mine are NOT. Though by some miracle, given that I'm always starved and living off the worst (easiest) foods, I've stayed the same) and everyone happy :flowerforyou:

Shanell
    AmyLou
    Cathy
    Stephanie
    Tammara
    Kristin
    Rhiannon
    Amy
    Lauryn
    Brittany
    SW 219lbs/ GW 205/ CW 218 PROGRESS -2 lbs
    Lex
    SW 204 lbs/ GW 193 lbs/ CW 204 lbs PROGRESS +/-0

Brandy
    EM:
    Tan
    Robin
    Tiff
    Crystal
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Stopping by to say hey! I dida20 min interval run today, sweat was POURING off :love: YAY! then 20 mins on bike and 20 mins weights!

Back to studying only one day left... I'll be back to talk Friday! Hope you are all doing welll!!!!

ETA: Oh yea and 1400 cals today! I'm doing goooooood sticking to my cals! Finally! let's hope for a big loss but it's TOM and I'm prob gonna be up! oh well :bigsmile:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Well, I have done alot of thinking and I am not going to participate in this current challenge. I need to get my health issues under control! I am not losing weight and it is really getting to me. I know what needs to be done but I dont have the ability to do it right now. Hopefully by the time the next 6 week challenge comes along I will be ready.

I wish you all the best of luck! I will probably lurk some!
    :flowerforyou: Amy