Lose 10lbs by Thanksgiving (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Completed the mini challenge 50 squats and 50 mountain climbers. Those things are a killer.

I might start using these exercises as punishments for my son. He's young, but he needs to learn early---besides, it's a way for me to get him in shape.
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Completed the mini challenge 50 squats and 50 mountain climbers. Those things are a killer.

I might start using these exercises as punishments for my son. He's young, but he needs to learn early---besides, it's a way for me to get him in shape.

LOL!! He might love doing them since he young!! My baby watch hubby and me do these challenges all the time!! He be doing squats already LOL!!

I gotta double up on my work cause I just had a lot on my mind to even do my challenges and/or workout. But I plan on putting in work tonight when I get off!!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll. I'm back. Missed ya'll bunches but had a great time. I did manage to not only eat good but I also exercised and drank lots of water. Ready to get back on my mission.
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    Had a girlfriend call me and tell me about this yummy place to have dinner and wanted me to try it out this Thursday. YIKES!! So I told her I couldn't, instead I am inviting her over for healthy dinner that will be cooked by me!! So of course wouldn't you know it, the week we have the challenge it seems everyone wants to go out to lunch or go try a new place. LOL
  • quelquun
    quelquun Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Okay- just warning you all- I am going out to dinner tomorrow ONLY because I found out my $50 gift certificate there expires tomorrow night. It's a vegan soulfood place... I know I know- sounds like an oxymoron, but it's DELICIOUS.

I've been finding it difficult to find the time to workout these past two weeks, but the days I do work out, I'm making them count. I might not hit my 60 min/5 times a week, but I'm attempting to at least hit my "calories burned" goal, which tends to be reached well before I reach my 300 min/week.

I HATE MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS!!!! But I know they are doing something for me, because they burn so bad. Will be doing a few more today, to work off the candy I helped myself to while handing it out to the trick or treaters.
  • star9401
    star9401 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Greetings Ladies! I am sticking with the mini challenge and have not ordered out any food, been doing my work outs and mountain climbers and squats. Drinking water. Still fighting the scale, I know I have lost inches, I can see and feel it. But the scale won't budge!! So Frustrating! It makes you want to quit, but I won't. I have worked too hard this far to quit and I like my jeans feeling baggy. I have the next size down on deck.
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    I am loving yall post and dedications. Yall are doing so good. smile if u feeling good, scream if u are sore lol! I am about to get my workout on now.AHHHHHHHH in advance lol. :) after mission is complete. Have a gn ladies!
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This week has not gone how I wanted it to. We had to put my grandma (mom's mom) on hospice on Monday. She has stage 4 lung cancer and we're not sure she's going to make it to Thanksgiving. Then yesterday my grandpa (dad's dad) got a call from the doctor. He has a mass in his kidney and he has to go in tomorrow to talk about what it is and what his options are. I've been staying under my calories. Fortunately for me I'm more of a bored eater and not a stress eater. But after seeing my grandma each day I’m so spent I have no energy for exercise. The catch to that is that I know I’d feel better if I did exercise. We’re supposed to be getting a gym in our office in the next few weeks. So hopefully I can just utilize my lunch hour. And I start a Zumba class on Monday night.

Hope everyone else’s week is going better.
  • mscoco10
    Options
    This week has not gone how I wanted it to. We had to put my grandma (mom's mom) on hospice on Monday. She has stage 4 lung cancer and we're not sure she's going to make it to Thanksgiving. Then yesterday my grandpa (dad's dad) got a call from the doctor. He has a mass in his kidney and he has to go in tomorrow to talk about what it is and what his options are. I've been staying under my calories. Fortunately for me I'm more of a bored eater and not a stress eater. But after seeing my grandma each day I’m so spent I have no energy for exercise. The catch to that is that I know I’d feel better if I did exercise. We’re supposed to be getting a gym in our office in the next few weeks. So hopefully I can just utilize my lunch hour. And I start a Zumba class on Monday night.

I'll be praying for you. Do what you can as far as exercise. Emotional stress will zap all your energy. Good job at staying under.
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I will pray for you and your family.
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support and prayers.
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't know what is oing on, but I have been on a serious binge. No, not near TOM, I think. Maybe it's the exercising. Today I ate more than twice allotted calories. Wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't all from junk. Truth s, I think I have been on a binge at least a week. Didn't even really love the stuff. Boy sometimes it is hard being honest or loyal with airy. But accountability is important.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS TO KEEP FOCUSED: I lost 10 pounds before I joined MFP (well 15, but wnt up 5). So far down an additional 9 (wonder what will happen in the morning with all this junk, missed weigh this morning). I enjoy the healthy foods I am eating. I am actually exercising for the irst time in I don't know how long. I still have not eaten an excess of calories to equal even one pound. I have been doing mostly well on the challenges.

But still, what the heck is going on!?!?!?!?
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I don't know what is oing on, but I have been on a serious binge. No, not near TOM, I think. Maybe it's the exercising. Today I ate more than twice allotted calories. Wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't all from junk. Truth s, I think I have been on a binge at least a week. Didn't even really love the stuff. Boy sometimes it is hard being honest or loyal with airy. But accountability is important.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS TO KEEP FOCUSED: I lost 10 pounds before I joined MFP (well 15, but wnt up 5). So far down an additional 9 (wonder what will happen in the morning with all this junk, missed weigh this morning). I enjoy the healthy foods I am eating. I am actually exercising for the irst time in I don't know how long. I still have not eaten an excess of calories to equal even one pound. I have been doing mostly well on the challenges.

But still, what the heck is going on!?!?!?!?
    This use to happen to me but now i can catch myself before it gets too crazy. Maybe you are restricting to much and you should give into cravings once in a while but in moderation.If your having one of those days where you can't stop eating because your just really hungry make sure you go for proteins and foods full of fiber to keep you full. And if its just one of the days your just eating to be eating its probably stress or boredom distract yourself with exercise or whatever to get your mind of food. Hope this helps :)
  • MaterMama
    Options
    I HATE mountain climbers. And can't wait for this week to be over so I can stop being tortured by them.

I did eat out 2 times this week. Saturday was a planned eat out and was for DD's birthday & for hubby coming home after being gone for 6 weeks. Sunday we got pizza because we had been grocery hopping and hubby wanted pizza. lol The rest of the week we have been eating homemade. :D
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear about your family. You and your family are in my prayers.
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I hope everyone is doing well this week. Those mountain climbers are serious, but glad to be introduced to them. Hopefully they are working for the good...lol (I'm sure). Eating is going very well. Started to go to Subway, but remembered...ha...no no no...not this week. And then remembered that their deal for any footlong for 5 ended October 31st. Anywho...two more days to weigh in...let's keep up the good work.
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    This use to happen to me but now i can catch myself before it gets too crazy. Maybe you are restricting to much and you should give into cravings once in a while but in moderation.If your having one of those days where you can't stop eating because your just really hungry make sure you go for proteins and foods full of fiber to keep you full. And if its just one of the days your just eating to be eating its probably stress or boredom distract yourself with exercise or whatever to get your mind of food. Hope this helps :)
    [/quote]

Thanks, usually not a problem. Not trying to restrict too much, but maybe I am.
  • mscoco10
    Options
    Hey ya'll. I'm finally getting back to my normal rountine. I enjoyed my vacation but it really got me off track. I have been cooking since we got back but my body just doesn't want to exercise. I gotta really push hard because 11/24 will be here in the blink of an eye. Plus that's my birthday and I wanna new sexy outfit.

Lets Go !
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    Goodmorning Ladies!!! I will post tomorrow challenge on here after 6 tonight!! Dont forget to send me your weigh in tomorrow!! Thank you!!
  • HavenIryxia
    HavenIryxia Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am so bummed, I got my stupid TOM on Tuesday so I have a feeling this weeks weigh in won't be so great... And I have been working hard too ever since last Saturday's Halloween party.... This sucks :(