November Turkey Trot 10 lb Challenge

Options

Replies

• atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    8.5 miles done so far :) Ready to do my workout for today and up that total considerably. Water is easy and definitely been keeping under my calorie count :)

Good luck everyone!! :)
  • mislmar
    mislmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think I am finally over my weight loss plateau, yay!!! I am in for November too!!! Good luck to everybody!!! Feel free to send me a friend request also :)
  • Tani316
    Options
    So excited to join up. Been looking for a group but I always seem to miss the cutoff date. If I can get 20 miles of exercise a week, I'm sure I can get at least 15 pounds off by the end of the month. I'm happy to accept friend request and help motivate all!
  • Jessiejb19
    Options
    This is my first challenge ever and I am so excited!!! I am hoping this gives that little something extra I need to keep my butt in line and on track!! Good luck to everyone!!
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Well day 2 and 12 miles in. That includes some on the bike, swimming lengths and walking the dog. Feels great!!
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I did 3 miles walk/run/hill intervals on the treadmill yesterday. According to the chart, it says I went 5 miles. I'm just wondering which I should go with. Also, do you guys count every day activities like chasing kids around the park? Lol! This challenge really has me motivated! I did 5 yesterday and 5.5 so far today. I am going to try to squeeze a 1 mile walk on the treadmill after dinner. Have a great night everyone!!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Hurt my back the other day so I am getting a slow start on my miles but I will get as many as I can before Friday. I am doing good with my food and okay with my water.
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Challange

10/1 - 45 BootCamp = 6.4 miles, 30C25K = 1.5 miles // 104 oz. // Under Calories
    10/2 - 45 BootCamp = 6.4 miles, 21 Eliptical = .78 miles // 80oz // Under Calories
    10/3 -
    10/4 -

Total Miles: 15.68
    Miles Left: 4.32
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Water, done. Under calorie goal, and 13.06 miles done.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I have a question. I did 3 miles walk/run/hill intervals on the treadmill yesterday. According to the chart, it says I went 5 miles. I'm just wondering which I should go with. Also, do you guys count every day activities like chasing kids around the park? Lol! This challenge really has me motivated! I did 5 yesterday and 5.5 so far today. I am going to try to squeeze a 1 mile walk on the treadmill after dinner. Have a great night everyone!!

If you know actual mileage, I would use that.
  • arwaleenah
    arwaleenah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Week 1 challenge
    11/1-bootcamp 73 min (2.4miles), zumba 60 min(5.4miles), under calories and drank 48oz H2O
    My mistake bootcamp should be 10.4 miles

11/2 challenge
    35 min circuit training (5.0 miles) undercalories and 64oz H2O
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    1/11 - water challenge complete / 3 miles
    2/11 - water challenge complete / At calorie goal
    3/11 - water challenge complete / 3.5 miles
    4/11-

Total so far: 6.5 miles.
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym and did 10 miles on the bike. I am only counting walking, swimming and bike not the other stuff as I hope to get enough from those three things. Getting ready to take the dog for his 3 mile walk as I am going out tonight and will not get to take him for his after dinner walk.

Well everyone, do not forget to drink your water. Just finished number 6 for the day.
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    I thought the "turkey trots" were people who got diarrhea after eating poultry
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Silly Question what are the "weeks" when should we record our total of Activity miles for the week? I am guessing when we weigh in on Friday's but I just want to make sure.
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've logged almost 40 miles this week and it seems pretty high to me. I hope I'm doing it right:

1st Nov - Teaching Zumba (60mins)
    2nd Nov - Spin (45mins) and Body Combat (60mins)
    3rd Nov - Teaching Zumbatomic (40mins) and Teaching Zumba (60mins)

Hope I've got the right calculations. Does that seems about right to anyone?
  • youuluvashh
    Options
    Week 1 Challange

10/1 - 45 BootCamp = 6.4 miles, 30C25K = 1.5 miles // 104 oz. // Under Calories
    10/2 - 45 BootCamp = 6.4 miles, 21 Eliptical = .78 miles // 80oz // Under Calories
    10/3 - 45 BootCamp = 6.4 miles, 30C25K = 1.7 miles // 112 oz // Under Calories
    10/4 -

Total Miles: 23.18
    Miles Left: 0
  • youuluvashh
    Options
    I've logged almost 40 miles this week and it seems pretty high to me. I hope I'm doing it right:

1st Nov - Teaching Zumba (60mins)
    2nd Nov - Spin (45mins) and Body Combat (60mins)
    3rd Nov - Teaching Zumbatomic (40mins) and Teaching Zumba (60mins)

Hope I've got the right calculations. Does that seems about right to anyone?

I am wondering the same thing.... but I did it exactly as explained!!... On my eliptical I barely do a mile but according to that sheet it should be logged as around 6... IDK :(
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    1/11 - water challenge complete / 3 miles
    2/11 - water challenge complete / At calorie goal
    3/11 - water challenge complete / 3.5 miles
    4/11- 1 mile

Total so far: 7.5 miles.
  • arwaleenah
    arwaleenah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    11/3= under calorie goal, 64oz water, 70min circuit training- 10 miles