christmas gifts for men (ideas please!)

Options
VeganInTraining
VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
Howdy everyone!

This is my first Christmas with my husband and I'm trying to figure out what to buy him (I got him a book last year while we were dating and that was a definite flop!) For his birthday I'm getting him a churchwarden pipe, zippo, and tobacco because he has shown interest in all of these things.....how do I get an equally cool gift for him for Christmas?

The budget is 60 dollars for a gift and stocking stuffers. I was thinking a video game, but that just seems so boring and then I could probably only get him one thing.

Here are a few things definitely going into his stocking:
Christmas ornament
coupon book for "favors"
socks and underware
candy....you know all the basic stocking things.

OK, super cool ideas.....GO

Replies

• neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    cologne set, not that cheap stuff either lol
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without knowing your husband but check out

www.Thinkgeek.com

They have AWESOME stuff!
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thats a tough one... I have a hard time with my husband... we just got a new house (ok, new to us... it is an old house!) so I am getting him things for the garrage this year for christmas... not overly fun, but he can use them, and will more than anything else I would get him!:smile:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    depending on what he does for a living...if he is in an office, a nice pen is always a winner in my opinion.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my wife gets me socks and underwear every year. A big winner in my book.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without since we don't know him - Kindle, Nook
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without since we don't know him - Kindle, Nook
  • jenfactor
    Options
    does he like beer? Bed, Bath & Beyond has a Mr. Beer home brew kit for about 30!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Bumping this - I don't really have any ideas, but I also have a hubby who is hard to shop for.
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    Nooooo not socks!!

What are his interests and hobbies?
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Bleu-de-CHANEL
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options

www.Thinkgeek.com

They have AWESOME stuff!

You would make an awesome wife!!! Brownie points earned!!

I usually get undies...GF has a thing for sexy underwear
  • carysjones13
    Options
    maybe you could get him somerthing fun to do, like i don't know where you live (so I don't know if they will deliver near you - they definetly deliver in the uk) but I know this is a good website for presents :smile: --> http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/
    my brother has always loved the stuff I've got from this website :happy:
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...well let's see...last year, my husband and I went on a big trip to Atlanta to meet his family (we were still just engaged at the time) so we made a pact that it had to fit in the suitcase with all of our stuff, leave room for souvenirs and be less than $75.

I searched high and low...and finally found him a robe that was Mossy Oak patterned. He's big into hunting. It only cost $35. He also had this keychain that he had had for years...he got it at an Air Force Air Show (one of those Remove Before Flight tags) and he is in the Air Force so it means a lot to him...and it was totally falling apart...so I searched for weeks online and finally found one. $10. He also loves those strawberry bon bon candies so I bought a bunch of those.

So what I think is that you should put a ton of thought into whatever it is you are going to give him. Socks and underwear are great, but you can give him those at any time. Video game, same thing...think of something that he needs or wants that has escaped his grasp because he forgets about it, or because he doesn't have time to deal with it.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    He likes video games, is an electrician, doesn't like to read, is into art (but more like FX/make up and masks than painting or drawing) collects knives (but is trying to minimize his collection since we hope to have kids soon)

Are clothes lame?
    would a very stuffed socking with all sorts of stuff form BUDK be cool? (he's obcessed with that freakin magazine)
    would lingire for me to wear but for him be "selfish" or lame?
  • Booboo78
    Booboo78 Posts: 169
    Options
    http://www.firebox.com/

Another good site for gadgets and unusual stuff (UK based though)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    valet station for his electronics/change
    valet station for his clothing (hang pants and suit jacket)
    sports memorabilia

I went to shaperimage.com and improvementscatalog.com and got some great ideas
    I also like Bombay & Cie for good organizational items and bar gear.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Well personally my husband and I don't exchange gifts on Christmas. It's more for the children and we do plenty of stuff together throughout the year. I have one male friend who isn't easily satisfied so he prefers to get gift cards.

Without knowing his tastes or preferences, I would say tap into any quirky collections or things he really likes and try to buy something unique to him online.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    In the same boat - getting married in May and saving money forthe wedding, We have a $50 cap. I agree with the video game, He says thats something he can by for himself so I won't be getting him those, He does love Golf and football (Redskins) and last year I went on Overstock.com and ordered him a sack of golfballs and then some Redskins gear. Prob going to do something like that this year since it was a big hit last year! Good Luck and I'll be coming back to this tread to see other ideas!
  • VeganInTraining
    Options

www.Thinkgeek.com

They have AWESOME stuff!

his may be a winner...he's def a geek