Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• kbcakes
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA lately. I've been logging in, but have not been really motivated lately. My mom visited over the weekend, and even though she's losing weight with Weight Watchers, she brought a bunch of "goodies" for the kids (like animal crackers, yum!). That and last week, the battery went out on our scale, so weighing in was a challenge.

So, battery replaced, and I will weigh in at 170 this week. I gained. But I haven't been exercising, and I've been snacking on not-so-great stuff and not tracking it. So it stands to reason that I would gain something.

I don't know how this next week will go. I would love to say that I am motivated and will do better this week, but it's not been a good day. For those so inclined, please keep my 13yo ds in your prayers. Based on what he told the couselor at school today, and after an evalution by a mental health professional, we determined that it was in his best interest to admit him for in-patient treatment.

Absolutely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life was to sign the papers and leave him there without being able to discuss it with my husband first (he was unavailable in meetings all afternoon).

I know that he is in the right place, and this IS a good thing, but it still just turns your world upside down. They say that the typical stay is from 5 to 7 days, but we will know a bit more tomorrow after he meets with some of the doctors and couselors and what his course of treatment will include.

So I will do my best to check in, but I may not be very involved as my mind is somewhere else.

I hope all of you have a good weekend, and really kick some butt for me this week!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Using Posh's format + Check in for this evening. :bigsmile:

GROUP GOALS

30+ Minutes of exercise: 1/5
    3+ Fruits/Veggies: 1/5
    10+Water cups: x/5
    Under calories: 1/5
    =====================================
    Personal Goals

No Sweets 1/6 days
    45 Min Strength: x/45min
    Run 3 Days- 1/3
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    208.8 This morning. So I believe that's a .8 lb loss.

1. Exercise AT LEAST 30 Minutes 5 out of 7 days: Can do!
    2. Under Calories 5 of 7 Days: Can do!
    3. At least 10 cups of Water 5 of 7 days: EASY
    4. At least 3 Fruits or Veggies servings 5 of 7 days! ;0): Will do!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Thursday:
    30+ minutes of exercise: 1/5
    Under Calories: 1/5
    10+ Cups of Water: 1/5
    3+ Fruits/Veggies: 0/5
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    ======================================
    GROUP GOALS

Cups of water: 18
    EXTRA PERSONAL GOALS:

Take time to read at least 30 minutes:
    30 minutes of strength training: 1/7
    Calories burned: 700/4000

I will weigh in tomorrow!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    NEW CHALLENGE!! (updated through Thurs)

>30min WO..............1/5
    UC..............................0/6
    Cups of H20.............9/70
    >3 F/V.........................0/5
    EXTRA PERSONAL GOALS

OP..............1/5
    UCrb..........0/5
    US..............0/5
    Cal avg for week 1450.....actual~??
    Weight: 11/2-122.8 ......... 11/9-TBA
    IT WAS MY CHEAT DAY TODAY....SO DIDN'T GET A LOT CHECKED OFF YET :wink:

Sandy-thanks girl!!! when's the surgery again?? hope all goes well :flowerforyou:

Kory-great job on the loss!! and if 3 is hard on the fruits and veggies....still push yourself and go for 2!! you can do it...1 piece of fruit for breakfast, and a veggie for dinner is all you need!:bigsmile:

Jojo-you'll hit the 140's this week I know it!! I haven't done 6w6p, but I will be starting "banish fat, boost metabolim" on Wed...can't wait!! Lemme know how yours goes?! :tongue:

Suzanne-wtg on the loss!:drinker:

Laura-great start to the week again! WOOT!:happy:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Last week was B-A-D for me. I didn't gain, I didn't lose - I didn't do much of anything except burn calories and drink water... and eat WAY too much freakin' Halloween candy! I don't even LIKE the stuff, so why I ate it, I'm not quite sure but I think it has something to do with the fat-little-girl-me that will always be hiding inside:tongue: Not an excuse, though I know that that side of me comes out less & less frequently which is good in the long run :smile:

So... Challenges for this week I am definitely ON THEM!!
    1. Exercise AT LEAST 30 Minutes 5 out of 7 days - TOTALLY do-able for me since I'm the President of Exercise Addicts Anonymous (JK on the pres part, but I am a leading member :laugh: )
    2. Under Calories 5 of 7 Days - this one will be tough for me as we think I may not be eating enough based on my intense workouts, but I am going to try.
    3. At least 10 cups of Water 5 of 7 days - NO problem for me - usually in excess of 20 per day :smile:
    4. At least 3 Fruits or Veggies servings 5 of 7 days. - Should be very do-able, too; I just need to substitute the candy for carrots :happy:

So... With that:
    *******************************************************************************************************************************
    Thursday - 120 mins exercise/889 calories burned; was NOT under cals due to stupid candy still in house!; drank around 18 cups water; 3 fruit/veggies
    Friday - already got 55min AM workout in, may or may not get to work out at the gym tonight - depends on what time I leave work (I'm going in late since I have a Kitty who just had a cracked tooth pulled yesterday & we can't leave him home alone right now so Hubz is working AM then I'll go in when he gets home - that's his pic from yesterday - poor baby not happy :cry: )

1. Exercise AT LEAST 30 Minutes 5 out of 7 days: 2/7
    2. Under Calories 5 of 7 Days: 0/7
    3. At least 10 cups of Water 5 of 7 days: 1/7
    4. At least 3 Fruits or Veggies servings 5 of 7 days: 1/7

JoJo - I've done 6W6P - it is INTENSE, and right as you're getting bored with Level 1 the first 3 weeks, you get to move into Level 2 (I actually did 2 weeks L1 & then 4 L2) - all I can say is, RESULTS!! I have a definite 2-pack & my 4-pack started coming out. I got cuts that I didn't think would ever be possible at my age! I'm getting ready to start it again, so if you would like a "partner in pain", let me know & we can do it together. Also, her No More Trouble Zones & Ripped in 30 are AMAZING!! NMTZ shaped my arms & is my favorite "go-to" DVD when I need a good combo without cardio. Oh, on 6W6P - if you sweat anything like me, have a towel near by as you WILL need it!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I met none of the goals for last week. Sad as they were the "basics". I have been in such a funk this past month! Bottom line, I am not coping well with the changes in my life, or rather, I AM coping with all of the changes and demands but I am simply not able to find time in the day for everything. Something has to give and I have been choosing to let the 6 or7 days a week exercise program go in place of a 2 or 3 days of formal exercise, and 1 or 2 days of extra physical activity that is above and beyond "normal",

My weight for last week: 125.4

I will go for this weeks goals! I have already blew yesterday. Started out great until husband came home with pizza and my exercise was cancelled. Need I say more?

Thanks for letting me hang in there with you ladies. Truthfully, my attempts are pathetic but without this challenge I fear where I might be. At least I am always trying to try!

D
  • MunchkinHawk12
    Options
    Weighed myself this morning and I was kind of stunned. It said 163.8 meaning I lost 2.6 lbs! I think again that this is a fluke, but...I have reached my goal of 10-16 lbs! I WILL keep losing, but I wanted to be under 165 before I went to visit my sister next week, so I have to keep it off and lose more...Great job on your losses everyone...we're at the home stretch!

Laura
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello ladies!
    sorry for the late check in! i feel like i didnt have any time off work at all! its busy busy busy!
    made some rubbish choices with food this week and sooo need to get back on track!

i weighed in at 124lbs this morning (still very bloated) so its mostly water weight but need to step up my game. So starting this morning ive been eating better! Ive decided to reduce all the sweet things- ie biscuits which seem to be my downfall in our office! lol! so need to quickly kick that habit! and so its back to fruit for snacks and a treat every so often! I am still within my maintainance range but like i said i prefer to be between 118-120! so trying ot get back there!

Loving the new goals as the fruit and veg always challenges me but i will make it! ive had one banana and one apple so far! so making progress! and no sweet things so far! however, have a work dinner tonight somewhere very posh and am away at friends for the weekend for bonfire night! but will try and make the best choices i can!

so my new goals for the week
    updated so far

10+Water cups: 15
    Under calories: 0/5
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    New challenge
    Personal Goals-
    :smile: 1. ZigZag goals-1930/1130/1130 (net) Rotation-1/6: Th (1861)-Fr(
    :smile: 2. 60g Protein-1/5: Th (69)-Fr (

Group Goals-
    :cry: 1. >30 Min Exercise- 0/5-Th (0)-Fr (
    :smile: 2. (Modified d/t zig zag) Under avg goal net calories for week- 1861/1430-
    :cry: 3. 10 c Water-0/5-Th (6)-Fr(
    :blushing: 4. 3 Fr or Veg-0/5 -Th (0)-Fr (

I wish bread was a fruit or veggie...

Yesterday and today will suck due to doing a research paper for a Middle Eastern dance competition tomorrow night (don't like to say belly dance, because people automatically think of strippers or cabaret). Wish me luck! (and hope my sinuses stay clear...still have this damn cold, or whatever it is)

I feel bad for not being able to take the time to comment or motivate..you all look like you are either a) doing great or b) recognizing where the ball was dropped and picking it back up. Nice to see so many phantom faces back on the thread! It looks like quite a few of you are pumped for the goals (not me...blech...veggies)
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Reporting in fir this week weigh in. Weighed in today at 153.8. .4 gain but I am happy about it as I haven' t been to gym in 21/2 weeks. But I did check in my weight each week so that's something.. Back on track from yesterday. Went to gym and burned some calories around 540. But will be here now. And not thinking of taking that break for long time. I am sorry I haven't commented on anybody's progress. But looks like everybody is doing great. I see everybody mostly still here which is awesome. My whole group is still there. Yoo-hoo !!!

Stealing Tausha format as it seems to be trend right now ;) and she is in my group.

GROUP GOALS
    10+Water cups: x/5
    ================================

Personal goals

Burn 5000+ cals this week
    Run x3 days
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself this morning and I was kind of stunned. It said 163.8 meaning I lost 2.6 lbs! I think again that this is a fluke, but...I have reached my goal of 10-16 lbs! I WILL keep losing, but I wanted to be under 165 before I went to visit my sister next week, so I have to keep it off and lose more...Great job on your losses everyone...we're at the home stretch!

Laura

That's awesome Laura!!! Congratulations on this big victory. You are doing great !! I am so proud of you and so proud do this journey with such dedicated pal. Awesome job!!!!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    CW: 182.2, I lost 1.2lbs and I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting at least 2lbs because I did great with exercise & my food this week. However, a loss is a loss so I'll take it :smile:

Challenge Update:

• DeeDeeLHF
    Options

Laura

That's awesome Laura!!! Congratulations on this big victory. You are doing great !! I am so proud of you and so proud do this journey with such dedicated pal. Awesome job!!!!

YES!! Congratulations! You really are so amazing!
    D
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options

Laura

YES!! Congratulations! You really are so amazing!
    D
  • MunchkinHawk12
    Options
    CW: 182.2, I lost 1.2lbs and I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting at least 2lbs because I did great with exercise & my food this week. However, a loss is a loss so I'll take it :smile:

Challenge Update:

Renee..you are still doing GREAT! Keep it up...
  • MunchkinHawk12
    Options
    Keerti and DeeDee..thanks ladies for the support!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    UPDATED TO THIS POINT !

Ladies!! I'm so impressed!! You are still rocking on! I'm so annoyed that the weight I put on while on vacation has decided to "stick" around! GRRR....

I'm the same as last week. But..I was guilty of not drinking all of my water this past week and went over a few days. So... Onward we trod...

Keep it up! We are still waiting on a few girls to check in.

Later Taters!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Hi Ladies... I'm missing weights from the following ladies... If they are on your team, or if you communicate with them, please ask them to post here or to send me a private message! THANKS!

Sas16 ---- Anita

Jenneyd ---- Jenney

kkhuly ---- Kristen

Chan0404
    Chandra

NEcamper47
    Pat

Kaechelle
    Karen

THANKS GIRLS! :0)