Black team challenge week 15

Options

Replies

• nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    So I had an interesting morning. I put the dogs outside for a few minutes. When I went out to get them I got all dizzy. (I've done that since high school where I get dizzy and lightheaded if I stand up too fast but if I stand still/sit down for a minute, I'm fine.) Well, I got to the door and started opening it. I leaned against the wall to steady myself. Then the next thing I knew I was laying on the floor. I'd blacked out and fell! Luckily I managed to fall right between the Bo-Flex and the wall and missed the glass patio furniture end table and a beer light.

I called the doctor and Dave's parents took me in since I'd never blacked out before and Dave didn't want me to drive. After talking to the doctor she said my BP was low but good (100/66) and she thinks it's low protein. I admit I love carbs and really don't like too much protein. I told her I've been losing weight but in a healthy way - cutting back on junk food and working out on the elliptical. I said I lost the 30 pounds of pregnancy weight in 2 months and then I've lost about 15 since then (Nov-now). She asked how much more I want to lose. When I told her 5 pounds she said she thinks I look great and shouldn't try to lose much more or I'll be getting too close to the line between healthy/underweight BMI.

I started crying because I was lucky that Harley was taking a nap. If I'd been holding her, I would've dropped her and that scared me. The doctor just told me to up my calories a little (I said I do between 1400-1800 depending how much I work out) and up my protein and see how I feel.

Oh wow! What a morning. I used to black out all the time. I still don't know why really. ):

Hopefully upping the protein will help you. Take care, and start wearing a helmet until the dizziness gets better!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Bless your buttons, Miss Loree-- that's some scary stuff. You take care of yourself-- I'm thankful, too, that your sweet baby was napping. :heart: :flowerforyou: from New Jersey !!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Janie, Tresa - sounds like me too. ): Whenever I start training hard my body fights back just as hard. For me I get a lot of colds and stomach flus. It's frustrating.

Colds OK - stomach flus are intolerable... :grumble:

We need to start our own support group.. Something like "fighting back, despite our bodies"

Janie

OVARIES OF STEEL - BODIES OF MUSH!

;)

It's catchy - I like it..
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Off topic - Dave has had a goatee since he got out of the navy like 6 years ago. So for the 3 1/2 years we've been together, he's always had it. Well, he decided to shave it off. So here are the before and after pictures. What do you guys think? I told him I was gonna show you guys the pictures and he said to ask what people thought looked better.

with.jpg

without.jpg

Ok. So I'm secure enough in my masculinity to weight in on this one because the goate thing has the same effect with me.
    The man doesn't look bad either way. However, without the goate he looks the same way I do when I shave mine. Like a 14 year old. Lol. But if lori likes em young, than she' s all set.

Btw-marla, don't start picking apart the poor guys wardrobe. Focus woman. We talkin about hair. Lol

Andrew I was thinking the same thing that with out he looked very very young!!

Oh and be nice to marla!!:bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Yeah, Andrew-- :tongue:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay a.lot of food issues to choose from, so let me give this a some thought and I will let you know. Good challenge Andrew!

I tend to go for salty things when I mindless eat. So that's what I'll give up.:ohwell:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    So I had an interesting morning. I put the dogs outside for a few minutes. When I went out to get them I got all dizzy. (I've done that since high school where I get dizzy and lightheaded if I stand up too fast but if I stand still/sit down for a minute, I'm fine.) Well, I got to the door and started opening it. I leaned against the wall to steady myself. Then the next thing I knew I was laying on the floor. I'd blacked out and fell! Luckily I managed to fall right between the Bo-Flex and the wall and missed the glass patio furniture end table and a beer light.

I called the doctor and Dave's parents took me in since I'd never blacked out before and Dave didn't want me to drive. After talking to the doctor she said my BP was low but good (100/66) and she thinks it's low protein. I admit I love carbs and really don't like too much protein. I told her I've been losing weight but in a healthy way - cutting back on junk food and working out on the elliptical. I said I lost the 30 pounds of pregnancy weight in 2 months and then I've lost about 15 since then (Nov-now). She asked how much more I want to lose. When I told her 5 pounds she said she thinks I look great and shouldn't try to lose much more or I'll be getting too close to the line between healthy/underweight BMI.

I started crying because I was lucky that Harley was taking a nap. If I'd been holding her, I would've dropped her and that scared me. The doctor just told me to up my calories a little (I said I do between 1400-1800 depending how much I work out) and up my protein and see how I feel.

So glad you are okay and the baby was sleeping.:flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

How scary...I'm so glad that you are OK and that Harley was asleep. Take care of yourself :flowerforyou:

Hey everyone...hope all is well with you! Been busy moving my stuff to BF's place, and I'm almost all done, thank goodness! Now for getting rid of all the junk I have accumulated since being on my own (we won't talk about the junk I brought along from my mom's for God knows what reason). I'll officially be there starting this weekend, just coming back here to check the mail and get rid of junk. Hopefully, I won't slack off from working out too much. I will need as much of my normal life as I can keep.

For my challenge, I will try to stay away from candy/sweets. They have always been my downfall and it's what I go for when I nibble. Of course, I ate candy at work today...but tomorrow is another day. At least we don't keep it in the house so it's not around on weekends.

Later kids!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I'm glad your ok Lori, oh my goodness, that must have been scary. Get that protein going! Looks like it was a day of scary stuff for the black team. Here a quick story that I didnt tell you guys when I checked in from work today because its such a pain to type on my phone.

SO... I was working in Bangor, ME today. That is the northern most store I cover. Well its about 2 hours of tree and rivers for scenery so it's usually a pretty relaxing drive. Well I was cruising along behind this big rig and was relaxed as usual when suddenly he jerks over into the passing lane VERY quickly. Than I see why.... M O O S E !!!!!!!!. I jam the breaks and cut the wheel left REALLY hard. I see a big brown streek go past my passanger side window but didnt hit it. I did however overshoot the passing lane and went halfway onto the median. My back tires start to lose grip and my back end starts to fishtail out on me. At this point I am practically sideways. I dont want to flip the car so I turn hard into the skid and end up straightening out but flying back onto the highway but spin out to the other side. When I finally come to a stop I am sideways, half off the highway and halfway into the breakdown lane. OMG.....wanna talk about being a nervous wreck. Well I look back down the road and see the big dumb critter wandering off into the woods. Thankfully there wasnt anyone behind me but MAN I was in this nervous funk for the rest of the day. Just thought I would share....It's gonna take more than one silly Moose assassin to take out the batman. lol :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm glad your ok Lori, oh my goodness, that must have been scary. Get that protein going! Looks like it was a day of scary stuff for the black team. Here a quick story that I didnt tell you guys when I checked in from work today because its such a pain to type on my phone.

SO... I was working in Bangor, ME today. That is the northern most store I cover. Well its about 2 hours of tree and rivers for scenery so it's usually a pretty relaxing drive. Well I was cruising along behind this big rig and was relaxed as usual when suddenly he jerks over into the passing lane VERY quickly. Than I see why.... M O O S E !!!!!!!!. I jam the breaks and cut the wheel left REALLY hard. I see a big brown streek go past my passanger side window but didnt hit it. I did however overshoot the passing lane and went halfway onto the median. My back tires start to lose grip and my back end starts to fishtail out on me. At this point I am practically sideways. I dont want to flip the car so I turn hard into the skid and end up straightening out but flying back onto the highway but spin out to the other side. When I finally come to a stop I am sideways, half off the highway and halfway into the breakdown lane. OMG.....wanna talk about being a nervous wreck. Well I look back down the road and see the big dumb critter wandering off into the woods. Thankfully there wasnt anyone behind me but MAN I was in this nervous funk for the rest of the day. Just thought I would share....It's gonna take more than one silly Moose assassin to take out the batman. lol :drinker:

Holy razor blades, Batman-- that was a close shave!!!

5103batmobile-300x187.gif

You are the MAN-- kudos for your fine navigation of the Batmobile-- I am so glad you're okay!!! And muy impressed!!!

Me? I'd flipped the ol' van for sure-- (but my MarlaMobile is a 15 passenger MEGAvan-- so whaddyawant)

Lots of close calls today people-- guess I should be glad I'm just in danger of having electricity shut off? Go figure-- :ohwell:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Keeping it brief tonight-- had a rough day-- kinda blue, irritated, hormonal-- issues hubby wasn't here to help me navigate-- REALLY inclined to nibble, but DIDN'T-- thanks Andrew for keeping up the challenge.

Headed out to run tonight knowing I needed to mentally as well as physically-- halfway through the second mile I thought maybe to stop at 3.2 since Sam's challenge is over, and I've had a pissy, tired day-- but nearing the end of the third mile I thought better-- NO, NO, NO-- I can do my 3.5-- !!!!!!

And I ended up doing even ANOTHER stop sign for probably about 3.6-- thanks, Sam--

If y'all were here I'd be hugging and crying over how much you are helping, and how dear I hold you all in my heart-- (yeah, so I'm hormonal-- wanta make somethin' of it, Batman?? :wink: )

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: to all-- who knew this exercise crap was so good for the soul??

Heading to work-- nite-nite!!!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Whew y'all ... the guardian angels were out in full force after us today! Glad you're okay Lori & Andrew!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: Marla ...hang in there ... let us know how everything is going! Too brain dead to remember what else is going on at the moment ... :ohwell:

I dunno about ovaries of steel ... mine seem to be more like members of the steel workers union and are currently on strike. Body of mush ... yeah, got that one covered. :laugh:

Our church is having a Passover seder meal tomorrow night (no we're not Jewish ... there's just a lot of Christian application in the seder ... and it's a lot of fun!!) so I'm going to be cooking about 12 pounds of carrots and making gluten-free matzos & matzo ball soup for my daughter. Busy day ... so I'm headed for bed.

Nitey nite, folks!

:heart: Tresa
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Marla – Dave is normally a T-shirt kinda guy. The “without” picture is after he got ready for work. But I agree with Andrew – Focus here, woman. :laugh:

Andrew – I don’t like them “young”. LOL I’m almost 27 but people are constantly thinking I’m much younger. We were talking about it the other day and my MIL even told me the other day that “I love you Lori but you look 14.” :noway: :grumble: I thought I looked at least 18 by now!
    Geez, you’re not just competitive with Roni over losing weight. “Lori passed out today so I’m going to just miss hitting a moose so I have a better story.” :laugh: Seriously though, I’m glad you’re okay! :flowerforyou: Good thing you were driving your Batmobile and not your undercover car.
    BATMOBILEcpia.jpg
    clunker_5.jpg

Nicky – Did your blacking out just stop? Or did you change something and then it stopped? I’ll think about the helmet. :laugh:

Besides the headache from bumping my head, I’m feeling fine this evening. I changed my goal on MFP from losing 1/2 pound per week (giving me 1370 calories) to maintaining (1620 calories) at least for a week to see if maybe I'm just too low overall. It makes me nervous that I'll gain weight but not passing out is a little more important so I'll have to deal with it.

I’m changing my thing for the challenge though. I’m still gonna try doing toning stuff with Dave but I’m gonna make sure I get enough protein everyday. My carbs are always good (if not a little over) but my protein numbers not so much.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Loree-- you just crack me up-- :laugh: :laugh:

I'm dying over here-- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Off topic - Dave has had a goatee since he got out of the navy like 6 years ago. So for the 3 1/2 years we've been together, he's always had it. Well, he decided to shave it off. So here are the before and after pictures. What do you guys think? I told him I was gonna show you guys the pictures and he said to ask what people thought looked better.

with.jpg

without.jpg

Ok Ok I know...late vote:laugh: But I just had to say that I must go with the goatee. I agree that it makes his face look thinner. You sure do have a handsome hubby Loree, either way he looks handsome:wink: Dont let him see this and get a big head!:laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Options

Oh Loree, how incredibly scary for you! Thank goodness your little sweetie pie was napping!! I dont think I have ever passed out/blacked out in my life! But I have had that panicky feeling come over me before where I used to get all shaky and lightheaded where I felt like I was gonna pass out (long time ago lol).Always scared me to death! So, did your Dr do any bloodwork to rule out anything else that might be going on? I know there is something (I think its called hypo-glycemic or something) that gives you that kind of feeling when your blood sugar drops way low...? I could be way off on what its called, but I have heard of something like that.
    Take good care of yourself...hopefully it will just be a matter of upping your calories and protein. Be sure and let us know how your feeling!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Hey, Tresa! I'm so sorry that you are having issues. *hugs* I'm not sure what could be going on with you.

Lori - if you want him to look more like "your age"...no goatee. :laugh: Since everyone thinks you're a teen mom, might as well make the whole family look under-age. hehehe I like the goatee on him & I'm a facial hair snob. If it doesn't look good, it does NOT belong! Dave looks nice with it. :happy:

Andrew - Good challenge! I think I might be tossing sweets for this. I think.

Janie - Sorry you're having back spasms & the like. Those SUCK. Take care of yourself! Miss seeing you post!

Roni - LOVE the new av! Your face is getting so slender! Your family's socks are going to be knocked off!

Marla - YAY for the 5k registration! WOO HOO! I cant' wait to hear how you won. :wink:

Hey to everyone else! I need to run (what else is new? :grumble:). I'm taking my friend to have 2 of her cats put down.:frown:

I worked out at the gym this morning & experimented with some of the equipment the past 2 days. I'm going to start focusing more on weight training for now. It only makes sense that the more muscle I have, the better I'm going to look. SO, I'm still doing tons of cardio, but I'm working on *gag* weight trainingn now, too. Yippy.

I'm off. Wish me luck.:cry:

Thanks Sara!!:smile: Its so good to see you back, we always miss you when your not around:flowerforyou: I sure wish I was at the point where I could just focus the most attention on the weight training lol. I LOVE that part of exercising:happy: I always think...wouldnt life be perfect if I could just skip right over the cardio and just always strength train?:laugh: Hope it all went well and your able to move this morning!:wink:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Keeping it brief tonight-- had a rough day-- kinda blue, irritated, hormonal-- issues hubby wasn't here to help me navigate-- REALLY inclined to nibble, but DIDN'T-- thanks Andrew for keeping up the challenge.

Headed out to run tonight knowing I needed to mentally as well as physically-- halfway through the second mile I thought maybe to stop at 3.2 since Sam's challenge is over, and I've had a pissy, tired day-- but nearing the end of the third mile I thought better-- NO, NO, NO-- I can do my 3.5-- !!!!!!

And I ended up doing even ANOTHER stop sign for probably about 3.6-- thanks, Sam--

If y'all were here I'd be hugging and crying over how much you are helping, and how dear I hold you all in my heart-- (yeah, so I'm hormonal-- wanta make somethin' of it, Batman?? :wink: )

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: to all-- who knew this exercise crap was so good for the soul??

Heading to work-- nite-nite!!!

Marla I just wanted to tell you that I WISH that I could run like you!! I am always so jealous when I read your posts about how far you ran:laugh: I do my "power walks" outside everyday now that the weather is a little better, but I can only add jogging INTERVALS in there lol and they are thus far only 65 seconds long at a time!:noway: Way to go girl!!:drinker: I strive to be able to do what your doing someday in the near future (hopefully:blushing: )
  • Nonibug
    Options

Holy Moose Batman!! I would have totally flipped--and probably the van too:noway: I think I would have had to call someone to come get me and drive me back home--no work for me today! I would have been shaking the rest of the day for sure! I live in an area where if you see ANY wildlife on the road, well your probably lost:laugh: Seriously though, I cant even imagine! Im glad your ok ( and the moose, too:blushing: ), it could have been disastrous! Today is Good Friday...its a holiday all around here, hopefully you get the day off too:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Holy junk, Andrew! That's so scary! Glad you are okay! *hugs*

Roni - You're too sweet to me. :blushing:

Lori - Sweet goodness, woman! You won't gain weight if you stick to the "maintenance" cals. It'll be okay!!! You don't wanna black out again! *hugs*

Shuntae - Oh, how fun! I'm glad that your big move is almost done! WOO!

Tresa - Hope you had fun at your dinner (that was last night, right? or was it tonight? I'm all screwed up...)

Marla - GOOD running! I'm amazed at your abilities, really I am. You'll be running a 10K before you know it!

Sam - HI! :flowerforyou:

Nicky - I hope the new apartment is treating you well! YAY for being mold-free!

Janie - I meant to tell you that the PT I'm doing is partially for hip pain. What they're having me do is strengthen my muscles & ligaments in my thighs, hips, glutes so that my skeleton is better supported. The hip popping has decreased slightly since I've started, but I'm not holding my breath yet. I'll let you know if it works!

Bobbi - Hi! Good luck getting rid of the salty foods!

Hello to everyone else! :flowerforyou: :heart:

I'm in the midst of one of "those" days where I don't have 5 seconds to breathe. I've been up since 5am doing things for Miss T's b.day party tomorrow. I hate that my baby is 1! :sad:

Anyways, I hope you all are having fantastic Fridays!