T.H.E. Team April 10-16 Week 10

Options
image001.gif

The spirit cannot endure the body when overfed, but, if underfed, the body cannot endure the spirit.
~St Frances de Sales

bunny-1.gif

If you are a first-time reader of this thread, WELCOME :flowerforyou: feel free to jump in at any time. We are mostly here for support for each other and we have many different things going on: situps, pushups, runners, walkers, dancers, marathoners, swimmers, elliptical-freaks, you name it!

Share your journey with us. There are a lot of successful weight loss stories here. Friday we start a new thread, many of us weigh-in on Friday – so if you want to add your numbers, please do!

The past week has been a week of discussions on how much to eat, when to eat.

I don’t have a theme for the group this week. But Spring is a time of rebirth. It is appropriate for us to see ourselves as being “Reborn” as healthier, hopefully happier people now that we have turned away from our old ways of eating poorly and past inactivity.

Last week's thread:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48025-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-week-9-4-2-4-9

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    image001.gif

The spirit cannot endure the body when overfed, but, if underfed, the body cannot endure the spirit.
    ~St Frances de Sales

bunny-1.gif

If you are a first-time reader of this thread, WELCOME :flowerforyou: feel free to jump in at any time. We are mostly here for support for each other and we have many different things going on: situps, pushups, runners, walkers, dancers, marathoners, swimmers, elliptical-freaks, you name it!

Share your journey with us. There are a lot of successful weight loss stories here. Friday we start a new thread, many of us weigh-in on Friday – so if you want to add your numbers, please do!

The past week has been a week of discussions on how much to eat, when to eat.

I don’t have a theme for the group this week. But Spring is a time of rebirth. It is appropriate for us to see ourselves as being “Reborn” as healthier, hopefully happier people now that we have turned away from our old ways of eating poorly and past inactivity.

Last week's thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48025-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-week-9-4-2-4-9
    Actually, I am here for party hour, which happens every day at 10:00 am and again at 9:00 pm. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Nice start, CM! I like your bunny!

Li4g - have a safe trip!! smiley_emoticons_flieger01.gif Check in with us!!

Paryerfulmom - good luck on the marathon! You rock!

Tayner - welcome back!! good job on the 12 lbs! smiley_58.gif

Well everyone, tomorrow's our favorite day!!

Whenitstimetodiet.jpg
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    It's 3 am here and I got up early enough to go get a Starbucks... then changed my mind. Leaving in a few to drop off LI4G at the airport. waaah!

I'll start the numbers out this week. I think my weight loss might be a bit more but I didn't drink all my water yesterday... sodium was up... but hey, any weight loss is good weight loss!

adopt4 - SW 273/CW 247.3/loss 1 pound
  • indianagranny
    Options

Good Morning

SW/GW/CW 214/160/196 0 lbs lost for the week

I think I am stuck - Oh I am going to work harder this week on it - part of it is my sodium intake and my water. Going to switch up my exercising too. We will see. I would like to drop a pound this week as my birthday is a week from Sunday. Yesterday was a busy day - didnt get on here till late. Had to go out and help dad - got a little confused with his medicine. His blood pressure was way high. So went to help him sort his pills into pills planners for the week. You could tell he felt better after I done this. Then my son stop by and I spent some much needed time with him. Hadn't had a chance to talk for a while. Keep him and my daughter - in - law in your prayers. They want a baby so bad and so far no luck. They have to go to the doctor to have things done. Well they are there at the hospital this morning - hoping she is pregnant by the 22nd of April - 3 days after my 50th birthday.

adopt4 - congratulations on the pound that is great. I have a problem with sodium too Any suggestions?

Kristi - I am an order selector at an Autozone Distribution Center. I have been there going on 11 years with 10 years being nights. I walk all night filling orders for different stores.
    By the way, I am here for party hour too, this girls really are great people. Enjoy the knowledge and help you all give out.

lulu - I get through the night pretty good with no problems. My sleeping on weekends really depends - I am single - kids grown out on their own. But usually no matter what I am awake by three in the morning. I can sleep in if I tried. I enjoy the 4 day work week greatly though.

cm - like the start to this weeks thread - I too like the bunny. Like the part about rebirth, too.

prayerful mom good luck on the marathon - that right there inspires me - maybe some day.

LI4G - hope you had a safe flight and I know you are checking in but you still will be missed.

Tayner - congratulations on the 12 pounds - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Well girls I will check in later getting my hair colored this morning - then do some spring cleaning.
    you all have a good day. ttyl
  • yari
    yari Posts: 25
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES, I COMPLETED WEEK 1 DAY 3 OF THE 200 SIT UPS CHALLANGE AND I AM NOW READY TO MOVE TO WEEK 2..I DON'T HAVE TIME TO COMMENT ON EVERYONES POST, HAVE TO START GETTING READY FOR WORK BUT I WILL BE BACK..I WANTED TO POST MY WEIGHT

SW: 192/MGW:173/CW:190= 1.5 LOST

I AM GOING TO BE DRINKING UP MY WATER TODAY HOW BOUT U?? DON'T FORGET CHUG CHUG CHUG
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:heart: :heart: YARI:heart::heart:
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! I am bummed.....here is is.....

indianagranny - SW/GW/CW 214/160/196 0 lbs lost for the week
    Yari - SW: 192/MGW:173/CW:190= 1.5 LOST
    Jamie - SW: 195/ GW: 155/ CW: 187.8 / 0lbs

:grumble: :ohwell: :angry: :cry:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    nitag - SW:220/GW 145/ CW 195 - = 1 lb lost
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't written much this week, but I've been sick with a wicked sinus infection and chest cold. Unfortunately, I haven't done much exercising, and haven't even weighed...I'll save that for next week when I'm feeling better!

Hope you're all well!
  • empsonism
    Options
    Greetings. My name is Eric and I am a complete newbie, but I really like the site and would love to get to know other folks on here and get new tips. I just started my diet two weeks ago and started logging here my progress a week ago. Any advice is welcome and I am happy to disclose any info. I am 6ft 3inches tall and started my diet at 260lbs. I am down to 252.5lbs in two weeks. I am exercising on a treadmill once a day for 30 minutes. I have eliminated all snacks and I have removed soda pop from my diet. I drink water in it's place. Any comments, suggestions or words of encouragement would be great.

Sincerely,
    Eric Empson
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Greetings. My name is Eric and I am a complete newbie, but I really like the site and would love to get to know other folks on here and get new tips. I just started my diet two weeks ago and started logging here my progress a week ago. Any advice is welcome and I am happy to disclose any info. I am 6ft 3inches tall and started my diet at 260lbs. I am down to 252.5lbs in two weeks. I am exercising on a treadmill once a day for 30 minutes. I have eliminated all snacks and I have removed soda pop from my diet. I drink water in it's place. Any comments, suggestions or words of encouragement would be great.

Sincerely,
    Eric Empson

Welcome, Eric! This is a good group of gals and guys... a little crazy at times, but supportive! We weigh in on Fridays. This site is great for giving you a place to push off a new lifestyle from, and I've learned a LOT from so many different people.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Sincerely,
    Eric Empson

Hi Eric and welcome.... Its a great site.. I've been with it for 10 weeks now.. Wow... I've lost 25 lbs.. This group is great.. There is a lot of support here...

Good luck and talk to ya soon...

Anita
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Peek-a-boo!!!!

Yep!! Its me!! Told ya I'd be checkin in!! Im currently on layover in Dallas. The flight here was alot of fun. Crammed in a window seat with about 10 american soldiers packed into the seats around me. Boy did I feel like the "odd man out" :laugh: But, they were cool... very friendly and OMG.. SO YOUNG!! I was just in awe of how OLD they made me feel. They were all heading to here to check in then on to Kuait. One guy was saying this would be his 3rd trip there. God, he didnt look old enough to be going this time!:laugh: :angry:

Anyway.. I been real good... I had a bagel w/ cream cheese for breakfast....then hit subway for lunch for a 6" veggie & chicken sub and some water. YEP!! Drinkin my water!!

Awww bummer, they just changed my gate from A29 to A13 so I best pack up all my crud and head down there. See ya in a bit! My plane boards at 1:35 so I still have about 45 minutes.

:drinker:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    OK... Im settled now...have about 15 minutes left.. so Im gonna make this quick..

I did not weigh in before I left.. dont plan on weighing in until I get back....MAYBE.. I may just give myself some time off from the scale, sticking to my workout and eating goals and see where I end up after a few weeks. I did load some wogging music onto my mp3 player so hopefully I will get a chance to go wog on the beach.

Eric- Welcome to THE team! It sounds like you've made a wonderful start so far and 8lbs in 2 weeks is terrific!! Congrats! Its nice to know that there is another amazon among us....:laugh: Im 6ft myself and started out at 240lbs in January, so Ive been here for 3 months. Im now at 214. Stick to it guy and let us know if you have any questions. Good to have another guy on the team... maybe Zano will poke his head in again. OK.. now for the 3rd degree...you married? have kids? whats yer sign?.... :laugh:... These were all covered earlier by other teamies.

Congrats to the rest of you who dropped some poundage! And to those of you who didnt see the scale move...:noway: ..I find that hard to believe since ya'll be working out so hard. Hopefully next week it will be a little nicer to you.

PS. STAY AWAY FROM THE EVIL EASTER CANDY!!!!! (Robins eggs are my biggest nightmare this time of year)
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Somebody trap the bunny CM dropped off!!! I cannot have it delivering ANY candy to my house! What were you thinking lettin' that thing loose woman?!?! I am absolutely being reborn - what a nice reminder that Spring brings rebirth ~ thanks for starting us off this week CM!

Welcome Eric!welcometrain.gif

Tayner: Serious WAY TO GO! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

lulubar-SW205/GW145/CW190-1lb lost

So, that takes me to fifteen pounds gone gone gone. Yay! Happy Easter everyone!!

easterhumor.jpg
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    You all are doing great! Thanks cmriverside for sending me a message. I have fallen off the motivation train. I have been doing not so good. I have purposely stayed off of myfitnesspal because i did want to face what I was doing to myself. And now another two months has gone by, why does all the time go by so quickly when you are doing badly and slowly when you are doing good. Arggggg. So I did get on the scale this morning, which I have also been avoiding like the plague, and I am at 202. Back in the 200s, but I already knew that because my clothes were getting tight again. It is so frustrating. I am really mad at myself. I am going to recommit myself here and now. Thank you all.

beahurey-SW 208/GW 140/ CW202 - 5 lbs GAINED
  • cmriverside
    Options
    nitag - SW:220/GW 145/ CW 195 - = 1 lb los
    Eric - SW:260lbs./Goal???/ CW 252.5lbs = 8 lbs total lostWoohoo-Dance.gif
    beahurey-SW 208/GW 140/ CW202 - +5 lbs

Go team go yesssmileyf.gif

DWray ~ feel better. Sorry to hear you are sick. :flowerforyou:

empsonism (Eric) ~ Welcome! I just sent you a personal message (I am the postmaster on THE Team)
    If you go to your home page > mail you will have the link for this thread so it is easy to find. Go back to last week's thread (whicih I also sent you) - on page 6 are a bunch of links I posted. Read through them, they are very informative. I think I'll post them here again, so you can just wait a few minutes and I'll put them here.

Li4g!
    OK.. now for the 3rd degree...you married? have kids? whats yer sign?.... ... These were all covered earlier by other teamies.

Don't scare him away! (She's harmless, Eric - she's married, 3 teenagers, a Leo, and she's in Florida, so we can feel safe for a week :wink: )

Wuwu ~ um, it's a cartoon bunny, and didja know that he doesn't really bring candy? It's a fairy tale written by Hersheys, or Cadbury, or Peeps, or Dove, or __________________(fill in disgusting sugary thing of your choice). I will be having Peeps, BTW :embarassed:

beahurey ~ did you read my profile?? I was all smug after having lost 47 pounds, and I thought I could stop logging food, and pretty much do what I wanted. Which worked fine in the summer, but then I gained 10 pounds after all the outside fun ended in the NW - you know what I meanraining.gif

And those last ten are the hardest to lose. I had to give myself 3 months to lose them again. I may still make it.(April 25) But for two weeks just recently I had a food binge. It is all the fault of Trader Joes. They say "Make your food decisions at the grocery store." I was over my MAINTENANCE calories by a couple thousand. I don't own a scale and only weigh sporadically, so all I could do is re-commit - just like you did. The word that came to me was "Disipline."
    I have also recently been saying - out loud - "No, you do not need that." For five days now I have been doing well by doing that.

I also recently started "Couch to 5K" which is a free running program - it has a website. I had been running on and off, but now I am really trying to "become" a runner.
    I'm glad you came back. You only fail if you quit.

~~Decide and your mind is at peace~~
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    beahurey-SW 208/GW 140/ CW202 - 5 lbs GAINED
    healthymom - SW 208/GW 150/ CW 191 - 0 lbs

Will catch up with everyone later!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Peep show for you CM:heart: .....

peepshow1.jpg

HEY LI4G! Are you there yet? Are you there yet?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Thanks wuwu, I :heart: that Peepshow, it always makes me giggle.gif

I almost feel naughty.

Here's a peepshow for you-

peekingimgguy.gif

Here are all those great threads about Expectations, Answers to THE (common) Questions, Your Body's Thoughts on Calories, Plateaus, Eating your Exercise Calories, Starvation Mode, 1200 Calories Not For Everyone etc.

Test on Thursday.....:laugh: :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions?page=1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6832-eating-all-of-your-calories-bmr?page=1#posts-47129

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8977-your-body-s-thoughts-on-calories

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/777-why-is-starvation-mode-so-bad

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing?page=1#posts-19051

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6159-this-1200-calorie-thing-is-driving-me-up-a-wall

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12250-1000-calorie-deficit-not-for-people-with-healthy-bmi

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20035-just-because-you-can-have-a-2-pound-per-week-goal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8141-fuzzy-logic

This one has lots more, scroll down through all the pages on this thread for new ones added on as they come up.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again