NYBNY Challenge October (closed group)

Options
15678911»

Replies

• rebeccask
    Options
    I'd like to thank Lauren (dipsl19) for being a supportive MFP friend and keeping me in check, so thanks Lauren!
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    I AM THANKFUL FOR MY BEST FRIEND AND DAUGHTER LORIE (WVUALUM) . THANKFUL THAT SHE HAS GONE ON THIS JOURNEY WITH ME. THIS HAS NOT BEEN AS HARD AS I HAD IMAGINED IT WOULD BE BECAUSE I KNOW IT IS NOT ONLY HELPING ME TO GET HEALTHY BUT MY DAUGHTER TOO. WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE THINGS TOGETHER BUT I THINK THIS JOURNEY HAS BEEN THE MOST MEANINGFUL TO OUR LIVES. TOGETHER WE HAVE LOST 54 LBS SINCE JULY 11. I KNOW I COULD NOT HAVE EVER GOTTEN THIS FAR WITHOUT HER SUPPORT. I LOVE YOU LORIE MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE!!!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for my amazing family and super supportive fiance who works his butt off so i have the luxury of staying home with our son. I am thankful for all of my friends especially my 91 year old grammy who happens to be one of the best friends a girl could ask for. I feel soo blessed :)
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for my family. They've been nothing but support of me and my little black sheep ways. I'm always tossing them a curve ball and they take it in stride without batting an eye.

Well, that's not completely true. They have given me odd looks on occasion but once they wrap their brain around what I've told them and the fact that it's me, they find a way to be ok with it. I mean from becoming a single mom, or when I moved to San Francisco, when I left the faith our family was raised with to coming home with blue hair. They've seen it all from me and in somehow the find it in themselves to continue to be proud :)

Tonight I'm trying for the first time my Brazil Butt Lift DVD. I'll be doing the Bum Bum (gawd these titles sound so stupid!!!) and I'll update you on how I like it. So far from what I've watched, lots to lunges and squats and Brazilian enthusiasm.
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I am thankful for my mom for always helping me out when I need it. (Which is far too often)

I'm going to do some Turbo Jam tonight with a friend. I'll be doing the cardio workout, so it's a lot of punches and kicks :)
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'd like to thank Lauren (dipsl19) for being a supportive MFP friend and keeping me in check, so thanks Lauren!

youre awesomeeee <3 luv ya ! im thanking you right back, for always being there to chat and keeping me accountable! definitely makes the work day go faster! :flowerforyou:
  • minni2906
    Options
    I'm BACK!! We're all moved in.

I'd like to thank Lorie for not kicking me out of the challenge while we were moving!! Hahahaha. :)
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    I'd like to thank Team Thin it to Win it's amazing leader, Lauren. Without her, I think I would have dropped out of this challenge a while ago. :heart:
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I wanted to see if I could find a short stretching video on YouTube I could do at work and I tried this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFBX9PDElco&amp;feature=related It isn't so much a workout as just showing how to do some basic office stretches. I paused the clip after each exercise so I could do it. It took a little over 5 minutes and actually felt pretty good.
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I will be doing TurboJam Cardio Party Mix 3 when I get home. It is a high-impact dancing/kickboxing video with club(bish) music in the background. Loads of fun. The whole video including warm-up and cool down is about 50 minutes.

I am grateful for my husband who is totally cooperative about the shift in morning duties required to let me hit the gym before work on most days.
  • allnamesrtaken
    allnamesrtaken Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you God for giving me such a wonderful family! Thank you for all of the tough times that have gotten me to where I am today. Thank you for the experiences (no matter how hard) that have made me who I am today. Thank you for seeing me through those times. Thank you for everything you have given me and everything you haven't.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Today I'm thankful for my nanny. LOL. I have two crazy active teething cold-infested 1yr old boys who don't EVER stop moving and don't sleep enough.

I picked up some DVDs from the library for this challenge. Today I tried Shiva Rea's Creative Core Abs. It was pretty neat! Looked gorgeous, and mostly modified yoga moves that don't seem that hard, but I have the feeling I'll be sore tomorrow!

I can't wait until my renos are done and I get my home gym back. It's really hard to do a workout DVD in the family room with babies and toys underfoot!
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    NSV! I walked up the stairs to the third floor of the science building, and I didn't feel absolutely winded!! Even with my 30 lb backpack. Operation Boycott the Elevator is working! :bigsmile:
  • allnamesrtaken
    allnamesrtaken Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Flirty Girl Fitness
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    NSV. I don't have pants that fit me anymore...lol Looks like yoga and exercise pants until i shop for my vegas trip...lol (exercise pants are too big as well)
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Finally have an NSV to share... last night I wore my pre-pg jeans for the first time in 18 months! Woot!
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Thursday- Gobble Up Thursday-1 point for eating some form of turkey to get ready for Thanksgiving
    Strength Training Thursday-1 point if you share a description of your favorite strength training exercise (with instructions on proper form-can post a link or cut and paste as long as you provide the link for others) 1 point if you do at least 10 reps of your own exercise and 1 point for doing 10 reps from exercises that two others have posted

Just checking, is this day's possible points 4 total?

1 for turkey eating, 1 for posting your move, 1 for doing 10 reps of your move and 1 for doing 10 reps of 2 other moves??

Thanks!
  • ljjorgensen
    Options
    My NSV, Lorie and I went to the WVU game yesterday and we walked a good bit and up a steep grade. Last year I got so winded walking at the stadium and this year it didn't bother me at all.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    My NSV: I saw my sister and her boyfriend this weekend and when they saw me, they were stunned. And my sister (who is more fashionable than I am by a LONG shot) told me that not only did I look great but that she would totally wear the outfit I had put together. That felt AMAZING!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    NSV: I went to a party and almost every guy hit on me and everyone I already knew was telling me I looked fantastic and they couldn't stop raving :)