• katyclev
    katyclev Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Definitely not.

Nothing but bad things associated with that vaccine. and I am very pro vax
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i dont know that it should be a mandatory vaccination, but i do believe both of my daughters will get it.
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't have a daughter, but if I did... Absolutely not.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My oldest daughter is in the Health Field..and she does not recommend getting that vaccine. My youngest has not and will not receive it. Too many bad things associated with it....
  • BuncoMama
    BuncoMama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After having a full hysterectomy at the age of 30 due to cervical cancer from HPV I say yes. I plan to have my boys vaccinated as well.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I got the Gardasil shot series and still got HPV cervical cancer. So I'm indifferent.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Absolutely yes, and when my son is old enough to get it, he will too. My daughter had the first shot last month.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I got the shot

I haven't heard that bad side of it tho o.O
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I say YES!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have two girls, I say no. I think they are trying to force it upon my youngest but I will fight against it!
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes or no?

Myself, I say yes.

I know others feel differently.

Why just daughters? It is recommended for boys now as well.

I have done a lot of reading about this vaccine and I would absolutely vaccinate my children if I had any. Statistically there is a very small group of individuals who experience adverse effects to this, and though those effects tend to be long-lasting and severe the overwhelming majority will have no issue with it. I also believe that there is something that connects those who do suffer the adverse reactions, and that once that link is discovered we'll be able to test patients before vaccinating to determine if they are at risk for the severe adverse reactions, but for right now just know that the odds are against one having adverse reactions, and that with this vaccine the benefits certainly do outweigh the minimal risk.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I got the shot

I haven't heard that bad side of it tho o.O
    I never had myself either. Of course it came out after I was of that age, and my daughter is still quite young.

So now off to google I go!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Yes or no?

Myself, I say yes.

I know others feel differently.

Why not!? Also, what about your son...NOW, people finally "get" it that women do not "Carry" disease to a great extent and the goal is to vaccinate boys. Finally a GREAT IDEA!

A LOT of people are either Blind or Stupid if they don't think "their" kid is having sex.
  • dragonfly1120
    dragonfly1120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a school nurse and I see a lot of kids getting the vaccine. They are giving it to the boys now too, which I think is great, since they can carry it and transmit it also. I haven't heard any parents say they have had any bad side effects from the vaccine. The kids don't even complain that their arm hurts, like with the tetanus, flu, and meningitis shots. Knowing the high incidence of teen sex and high rate of STD transmission, I think it's a great idea to vaccinate them before they get exposed. I would like to hear what the bad things are that many of you have said you've heard, because I haven't heard anything negative. Seriously, I like to be as informed as possible. Please share.
  • alohabrie
    Options
    Makes me nervous as long term effects haven't been studied. Personally I'm a "no" but see both sides.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It's also now for boys!! Get your children vaccinated!