To Log or Not to Log Thanksgiving

Options
kaetra
kaetra Posts: 442 Member
I think I'm going to log thanksgiving just to see what it is, but I'm not limiting myself in any category.

My only goal this Thanksgiving is not to eat so much food that I'm miserably over-full. All other bets are off! Can't wait!

Replies

• Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging. :happy:
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'll be overeating, and i'll be logging.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wont be logging, but like you OP i dont want to eat until im OVER stuffed. Thats just not fun.
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log it and try to burn as much of it as I can.
    I'm not going to say no to anything but i'm not going to eat until i can't move either lol
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I wont be logging, but like you OP i dont want to eat until im OVER stuffed. Thats just not fun.
    plus i have to have room for alcohol :drinker:
  • helma123
    helma123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Gonna log it! I'm gonna try & eat "normal" portions. (It probably won't happen though! lol!)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm going to log at the end of the day. I want to enjoy that day so I'm going to eat whatever I want. It's not like I do it everyday. I plan to go at least double over my calories that day but hey, in the scheme of things that day isn't going to make or break me or my success.
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What tiedye said. Logging but not caring if my calorie goal shows red. I believe knowledge to be a good thing :-). Besides, not tracking doesn't mean I didn't eat that food, so why not have some idea of what I put into my body?
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'll probably log it! Blame it on the Type A personality!!! :laugh:
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am going to log for sure. This will be my first MFP thanksgiving so I want to know what I ate, but I'm eating some of everything. I just want to know...... :(
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    GET OUT OF MY HEAD!:laugh: I feel exactly the way that you do, I'm gonna log, I'm not gonna limit myself, and I'm not overeating...the exact same way!:smile:
  • alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Logging but not going to care! I plan on doing a Turkey Trot that morning to earn my dinner. Bring on the stuffing, potatoes and other crazy carbs!
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ditto - I'm gonna log to keep it real - otherwise I'll go totally bonkers. Plan to exercise strenuously before and the next day ~
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Last year I logged on WW - and while I did not deny myself anything I wanted (Like a sliver of almost every kind of dessert lol) it did help me to make better choices (like the 2 desserts I did not try - because they aren't my favorite, and I thought "Do I really want to log this?"). So I will probably log again this year. So when I have like 4000 calories in my log that day - nobody fuss at me :bigsmile:
  • aliburstall
    Options
    I'll be logging on. There are ways to make Thanksgiving food healthier. Bake potatoes instead of mashing them with butter and cream, and bake your yams also. If you want baked yams candied, use a spoonful of marshmallow cream. Use portion control for the turkey, and either skip the stuffing or cook it outside the bird, and control the portion. Don't make green bean casserole, just do green beans. Eat larger portions of salad and vegetables. Keep gravy down to 1 tablespoon. and skip the dinner roll. Do these things and you can even have a slice of pie! You'll feel full, satisfied, and not deprived! Cranberry sauce is high in carbs, but not too unhealthy, and good for the urinary tract.
    Use fat free egg nog.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    i'm logging for the sake of habit...but i'm not counting if that makes any sense...
  • helma123
    helma123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    So when I have like 4000 calories in my log that day - nobody fuss at me :bigsmile:

I don't think anybody is going to be pointing a finger that day! LOL!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    I'll be logging also...but like most people I'm very aware that I will be going over my calories. Must enjoy the day and I will not feel bad about it! :happy:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is a day just like any other...Eat until you're full...Not until you're about to burst.