Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: I think I lost it for the team...:sad:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Heather, you would have had to eaten like 24,000 extra cals to gain 7 lbs. I am sure that your sodium and some water weight had something to do with it. Anyway, I bet you will lose 5 lbs this week. Plus, you can share it with all of us who don't lose the 0.4 lbs this week.

Our team is shrinking, down to 4....I'm thinking Cathy will pick the SSs since there are so many of them

Here's to another week :drinker: :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm off to RI30 and elliptical before going for Juicy Lucy burgers...the originals, mmmmm
  • nisijam5
    Options
    W2D4 of RI30 done with 30 minutes of elliptical...whoot, whoot!!!

C'mon peeps, I'm hoping to kick some *kitten* this week!!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I've stayed within cals for 2 days now and am starved right now...which is a good sign I've been eating like a cow lately and finally behaving myself. Upping my cals to 1400 per day so far has REALLY been good for me mentally. I feel for the first time in a long time that I'm going to lose weight and more than .4 a week! Maybe I'm excited for nothing...but tonight, i just feel good!

Heather - I'm sure it's sodium. Booo hooo!

Kim - you're doing a fantastic job with exercise - I'm so proud of you!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Maria, I think 1400 is a good number and it's where I try to stay at. Sorry that your hungry and hope it passes soon. I hate that nagging hunger feeling. :sad:

Oh, I had a thought about you. When you finish school and learn about all the muscles and how it all works. It would be cool if you could teach yoga or something exercise related. The ultimate success story!! :drinker: :drinker: Funny that I think about people I've never actually met. :laugh:

I am very happy with the RI30 results I am getting. I'm starting to get a more defined waistline. I just have to be patient and consistent. Today will be W2D5 with some elliptical. Tomorrow D6 and Sunday is rest. Bawahhh, what is rest? I still have to work the whole weekend.

Hope all is well with you Sara and your feeling better!!

Heather, start drinking lots of water, you will have a Tuesday weigh-in :wink:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Maria - if you were only eating 1200 calories/day I definitely think you need to eat more. I really think me eating more finally got me through my 170's slump. Although, now I'm stuck in the same spot in the 160's :ohwell:

Heather - no worries! Just chug-a-lug that water - like Kim said, you're gonna drop that weight like nothing next week! (and save all of our *kitten* that don't lose.....right???? :wink: )

Kim - you're doing awesome with RI30!!! How do you like that compared to 30DS? I found RI30 online and thought about trying it. I just got SO bored with 30DS.

I got a good workout in this morning - did a 5k and jogged a total of 2.5miles (2 different 1.25mi intervals) of it so I'm very happy about that! I have a 5k on Thanksgiving and REALLY want to be able to jog the whole thing!
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    I feel so horrible about this. If I would have realized that my Immunity week could have gotten Ron (or anyone on our team) kicked out I wouldn't have accepted it. (I wouldn't mind sacrificing anyone on the other teams though :devil: )

I've been chugging water like crazy. Down 1 pound since yesterday so far. I hope to save everyone's *kitten* next week. :flowerforyou:

Kim - Original Jucy Lucy's? Which kind are the originals? Did you ever see the Food Networks competition for the best jucy lucy in Minneapolis? It was between the 508 and Matt's bar. Just curious, which are the original or if they are somewhere else. Oh and if I haven't mentioned, I'm super impressed by all your working out!

Maria - Yeah, you can rock the 1400! Sometime I think weight loss is mostly a mental game. Hope the hunger passes soon.

Sara - Yay for the TurkeyDay 5k! You can do it! Are you going to wear anything fun and festive for the run?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thanks, Heather....but, I didn't work out yesterday...it was a very busy day and I am not sure about today or tomorrow

The place we went to was "The Nook" which battles it out as being the original. I have not seen that episode on TFN.

Sara, I like Ripped better as you only do it for 5 to 6 days and then move on to another sequence. She must have gotten a lot of feedback about the repetition because in W1 all she talks about is not being boring and being innovative.

Anyway, I really like it 'cause it's only 30 minutes and I can usually force myself to get it done.

Yesterday, we did some fundraising in a storefront for a couple of hours and then we had a pancake breakfast and silent auction this morning at 8 AM. I work at 3 and get off at 11. How I long for the days of RETIREMENT - or - VACATION

I went to my wine tasting event yesterday and my gf won a 3L bottle of wine. It was huge!!! We had yummy pasta with gorgonzola, spinach, mushroom and shrimp. TO DIE FOR!!

The party is over and I will be back at serious logging....
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Yeah...Juicy Lucy in St. Paul is the original one, isn't it? I love their burgers and their fries and hamburger buns (homemade from the neighbor bakery) is sooooooo good. I'm salivating!

I'm keeping this short because I need to run.

You're all doing awesome - each and every one of you!
  • HeatherShrinking
    Options
    I am down 4 this morning
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I am down 4 this morning

Yippee!!!! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Good job Heather!!! Keep melting....

I think it's TOM for me. I just feel tired and lazy and snacky. humf, womenhood!

Tomorrow, I will finish W2 of RI30 and then start W3...I am serious afraid.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Just finished W2D5 of RI30...plus, 30 minutes of elliptical

I'm excited to be 1/2 done with this program...I have to say I am a huge fan of it...when I'm done, of course
  • irishgal44
    Options
    RI30...is that a Jillian one? I can google, but I'm too lazy.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yep, Ripped in 30....beastly workout
  • irishgal44
    Options
    I'm in need of a new work out once the snow falls (which is suposed to tomorrow - boooo hooooo!). Need to combat the hybernation thing I do this time of year (and feeling the need to eat and eat and eat and eat and....)

Talked to a classmate today who manages our local GMC store and he recommended a couple things for me to take for supplements...put them in my diary for today just so I could remember the names of them - sounds like great weight loss/nature supplements. Anyone do those? One is like file oil capsures but without the fish after burp. The other helps with fat burning I think? GOnna have to do research on them for sure!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Maria, I like it because it's quick and effective, I also supplement with elliptical tho.

264 minutes of exercise last week and 1997 calories burned. The scale is still being stubborn. Thing is, I just feel skinnier; so, that's something. It's all I have.

Today, I will start W3 and I am afraid :sick:
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Does it switch to different intervals like the 30 day shred? I'm interested! Do you use hand wieghts or what kind of equipment would I need for it?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    There are 4 different weeks that increase in intensity. You do use weights. It's less repitious than the 30 day shred.

I also bought shred-it with kettlebells for after RI30. I am also interested in 6W, 6-pack abs.