Over 200 new me part 53 (open group)

Options

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! sorry I was MIA ... I was super busy with work stuff since last Friday and just didn't want to do much on the computer when I wasn't working. I also haven't liked the scale for the last week - so that kept me from checking into MFP too :frown: . But I am hopefully done pouting about my weight gain and I've got to get back to trying. I actually worked my butt off the last few days with step classes every day for the last 6 days!, but I injured my foot (plantar fasciitis) and I ate really poorly. So that just goes to show you that exercise can't make up for bad eating habits. I'm still up about 4 pounds from my last check in weight from 10/28.... so my ticker is a lie right now. I'm going to give myself until this Friday to try to get it back down again before I officially change my ticker.
    I've been eating so many carbs! I made chex mix ... bad idea, I just can't seem to leave it alone. I was dumb and brought some to work for a snack too.

anyhow ... I am here, and trying to stay motivated... I like this week's challenges. I will be working on them.
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    What a great day gals!

Heather look forward to when you get back.

momma, I agree that is a very cute picture. Good job on walking with the fam, keep on movin'!

lstpaul great step class. Yummy chex mix, I feel your pain...a serving size is 1/2 cup, ya right I can't do that either. Give the rest of the mix away and move forward. The fall apples have been amazing here.

I'm heading out of town with my hubby for a couple days. He has business but we will have several hours of drive time together. Being away from home I have a much harder time with calories. Will try to log in so I can add my food.

Water: doing great
    Calories: right on
    Exercise: Yes
    Proud that my portions have been better again. It's all about a choice, and only I can decide for me.!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    We are really slow today.

Snowflakes have a great trip with the hubby!

Hi lstpaul, I am glad to see you back!!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Checking in for yesterday!

Calories: Just under (oh boy where those black-bean tacos* yummy!)
    Water: fine!
    Exercise: Week 4 C25K plus 35 minutes on a bike!

Proud: I cut myself off from the tacos, was still hungry and later on I toasted myself some marshmallows but still stayed under my goal :)

Black-Bean tacos:
    Black Beans (canned)
    1 head of Cabbage
    1 package taco seasoning
    shredded cheese
    low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt

Heat 2 cans rinsed black beans, 1/2 cup water 1 packet taco mix plus extra seasoning to taste, and heat to a simmer. Meanwhile steam cabbage (I nuke the cabbage wrapped in a damp paper towel on low for 3-5 minutes) and arrange the cheese and sour cream for self serve. Use a cabbage leaf as a wrap, add beans and top with cheese and a dab of Greek yogurt.

Last night I used one can of beans and one can of black-bean soup (without adding liquid). Play with the seasonings maybe add taco sauce... SO GOOD!
  • jennifer0626
    jennifer0626 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am new (and late) to the group. Hope that is ok!

Here's what I have for Monday 11/7:

Water: 32 oz.
    Calories: Under (with Exercise)
    Exercise: Yes, 50 mins on the bike last night. I didn't want to go to the gym because I am feeling run down lately, but I forced myself to go and it was awesome. Glad I made myself go!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    welcome jenniferwong99! it's never too late for this group!

have a nice trip snowflakes!

It's good to be back momma24 ... I just need to get my head back into the losing weight game! I am craving something today (although I know I'm not actually hungry) ... and very, very tired.
  • Momma24
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the blackbean taco recipe!

Jennifer, welcome to this group:flowerforyou:

My neighbor came outside with a huge bouquet of Carnations and wanted to know if anyone wanted them. I said me so now I have a pretty bouquet. Ryan came home from school early because it was a minimum day so I am having one nice day. See you all later I am going to spend some time with my lil man
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    I may still manage to come in under calories but here is my snack section so far today...:embarassed:

Snacks
    Twix - Fun Size* , 1 cookies 80
    3 Musketeers - Fun Size Candy Bar, 1 bar 70
    Milky Way - Fun Size Bar, 1 bars 69
    M&Ms - Fun Size Plain, 1 pack 60
    Twix - Fun Size* , 1 cookies 80
    Reese's - Mini Peanut Butter Cup (Wrapped Single), 1 cup 88
    Trader Joe's - Valencia Peanut Butter With Roasted Flaxseeds (Crunchy & Salted), 1 Tbsp. (32g)
  • Momma24
    Options
    check in

Calories:1900 I had 2100 after all my exercise so I ate back some of those.
    Exercise: Yes, I took a walk and I did a come squats
    water: YES!

Proud of me yet again
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    What a day! Long day, been doing a lot of standing for school, and my knees are telling the tale. Today was supposed to be my rest day! Tomorrow I am starting a new exercise DVD....and not to mention exercising twice per day! Anywhoooo....

Today's Check-In

Calories: way under, did not even get past 1200, I think....
    Water: Epic Fail....0...ughhhhh....
    Exercise: No, rest day...
  • lstpaul
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: UGH! waaaay over
    exercise: none - was a rest day
    water: pretty good but didn't track
    proud: still here
  • Momma24
    Options
    Good Morning!
  • annasgyal
    Options
    So far so good, got one of my two exercise workouts in for the day. I now have to make Thanksgiving plans, which I am excited about, but the stress associated with it, might just make me derail in my eating habits. However, I am going to stay focused. Water, surprisingly doing good so far, and hoping to hit my water goal today. I have some errands to run, and still have to find a way to spruce up my apartment a bit. And still have to work, and then there is school. I mean I could go on an on.....but so far so good. Will check in with the final results later.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Way to GO annasgyal! :drinker:

Logging in for yesterday:
    Calories - JUST under and yes I ate ALL of my exercise calories :sick:
    Water - good
    Exercise - Over an hour of swimming (about a mile total!)

Proud- I cut myself off after I was full at dinner!
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    checking in for yesterday:
    calories: UGH! waaaay over
    exercise: none - was a rest day
    water: pretty good but didn't track
    proud: still here

We're proud and GLAD you're still here too! :flowerforyou:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Thanks mstahl! Good for you for cutting yourself off when you were full at dinner ... that is always an effort for me. I am proud of myself for just setting aside the chicken fried rice that I bought for lunch that doesn't taste good to me ... normally I would just keep eating it anyhow but I'm going to take it home for my husband (in case he will eat it), and eat the leftovers that I had originally brought for my lunch.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    All you can eat Indian for lunch (CURRY IS MY :heart: LOVE!:heart: ) now heading out for Mexican. If I just walk home from work (35 miles in the cold rain) I might make it in under my calories! :ohwell:

Tomorrow we're going out for lunch again:huh: , and we have an after-work (drinks) :drinker: meeting then a meeting for my Triathlon Team in Training:noway: - then our regular Thursday Night Dinner (TND for short) with friends:tongue: ... This is a tough week :sad:

I guess that if I don't end up gaining a few pounds this week it will be a win!:flowerforyou:
  • annasgyal
    Options
    So Today's Check-In:

Calories: Yes, came in under, thanks to exercise, however it is not like I needed them..
    Exercise: Yes, the dreaded two-a-days, but I got it done...
    Water: Yes: Got 8 glasses today......definately made up for yesterday.

Okay, maybe it is me, but am I the only one that find themselves singing the songs from the exercise DVD they use?
  • VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    I can't wait to rejoin you ladies the baby is due in 12 days then I've got to get exercising and lose 90 lbs
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on for a few days but my youngest daughter Amelia was admitted to the hospital Monday with Viral Pnemonia she was on oxygen,antibiotics,fluids the works so I have been a bit stressed ,no sleep,no food for 3 days but I am happy to say we are home now and she is still on meds for another 8 days and we have to continue respiratory therapy at home but the docs say she will make a full recovery .No weigh ins for me this week because one I didn't eat for 3 days and two I haven't had time for exercise and I am just plum exhausted from 3 days of absolutely NO SLEEP!! They said she could go back to school today but I kept her home because I wanted to give her the weekend to build up some immunities to all the germs she gets at preschool.Thankful she is better though.Taking everyone to the doc Monday to make sure we don't get her sick again because we all have a nasty cough .Please pray for us!They are calling for snow here tonight and I just don't think I am prepared.Hopefully I can get back into the swing of weight loss in a week or 2 its just been hard with this hospital stay and everything.On a good note I haven't gained any weight and I actually lost a few pounds these past few days but I believe that is from not eating or sleeping.Have a great Wednesday everyone