When does the abuse stop?

Options

Replies

• DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster, just smile at them and wave. Believe me they'll end up more upset than you. People can be cruel but people like that are not worth you're time getting upset over. One day people will realize, it's what's in the heart that matters and not what surrounds the heart. :smile:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I wasn't even overweight or even looking particularly chubby normal size when I was told to lose a few lbs... by a (now ex!) boyfriend!

People will do this because of their insecurities but at least you're out and about doing something about it. Ignore the pathetic comments and DON'T let it get to you because someone saying that is highly insensitive and clearly not very clever or switched on. NOT NICE PEOPLE! And people like that shouldn't be worth your time and their opinions, shouldn't matter to you because they invalidate them with their immaturity!

Cheer up, keep working hard and eventually, you'll have lost enough weight for them not to say anything but you can judge them when they're either underweight or when they start getting fat and old from all their over indulgences....
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Here's a short quip for you. You may be fat, but they're obviously VERY ugly and you can always lose weight. . .

On a more serious note, what do those kind of actions say about those people? Do you really care what people like that think???

You are awesome for starting this journey. Don't let some jacka** ruin that for you.
  • BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Although I haven`t had it happen to me I`ve been scared that it might - so I run at night.
    Really sad though when you think that these people make up our communities.

I feel really bad that you had this experience. Don`t let them get in the way of your goals.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ignore the asshats, and look at the bright side! they'll probably ugly and fat when they're old, and you'll still be walking around, fit and happy =3
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Don't let ignorant people rent space in your head!!!!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you had to be treated like that! There are so really cruel people out there. I can't give you any advice other than do not let them discourage you!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've had some nasty things yelled at me through passing cars. All I could do is shurg it off to be honest. They're not in my life, they don't matter. And I've had self-esteem issues most of my life too, but not from the dumb dumbs yelling from cars.
  • fastmethod
    fastmethod Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    that happened to me once. I wouldn't let it bother you.
    anyone that is so insecure that they have to abuse a random person they've never met before because of there weight, to convince themself they are in some way superior to boost there own sense of self esteem ?
    well who has the problem here?
    I mean you can loose weight
    but she'll always be a d1$k
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I am appalled for you. WTH is wrong with people?? I'm very sorry you had to experience that.

My advice, start wearing a trench coat and packing heat which you can discreetly flash to them as they drive by. That'll shut them up. An AK-47 or a shot gun will do just fine. You may be overweight, but at least you didn't just poo in your pants from getting a gun flashed at you, lol.

I'm clearly joking-just trying to cheer you up. I don't know you but I'm sure you are a kind beautiful person and those "people" (I'm not going to curse though I'd very much like to", are going to get what's coming to them. Kharma is a b*tch. You just keep your head up and keep moving.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I was out walking this evening and as a car drove passed one of the girls in it shouted fat ***** at me. This is not the first time this has happened in my life, 10 years ago i actually had a car stop in the street so that the people in it could shout abuse at me, it was shortly after this that i stopped going out and gained most of my weight.

Rich
    New flash: Rich who is now a sized 32 waist and have a 6 pack was teased by a group of girls in a car who shouted that he has gray hair.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Just remember being a "fatass", or whatever they called you, is fixable by losing weight. The condition that they have (Ignorance) is probably not curable in their lifetime. Where do you live anyway? I've never had anybody yell at me. The best revenge is to live well. F' em!
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I would say just ignore it and be proud of who and what you are but that is so much easier said then done.
    I truly believe in Karma and they will get theirs some day, some way.

One day two boys (10 ish I'd say) rode by on their bikes and I was out in the yard, they called me a _______ _______ fat ___ and giggled their way down the street. Little did they know I knew exactly where the one lived. Typically I just blow that stuff off but I was truly appauled by it. I Marched my fat ____ down the street and informed the parents of exactly what took place. I was polite about it because they seemed to be really nice people, they were shocked by what I had to say. Don't know what took place after that, I expected a 10 year old at my door with an apology, that never happened, but I felt better. If it had been my kid, he would have been at the door apologizing.

Go for everything you want in life and say to hell with the people like that, they aren't worth your time to feel bad about it.

Good Luck to you, and keep talking to those girls!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think you should start carrying rotten eggs in a sack to throw at asshats like that.
    Good idea. I wish I'd thought of it.
  • Onthedecrease
    Options
    P.S - On a much happier note, congratulations on your 32KG loss Rich, how fantastic!!!!
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't your weight, they'd be yelling idiotic things about you or someone else's race, disability, or sexual orientation. There will always be ignorant, mean people in the world. They are the MINORITY. Try to keep that in mind. Personally, I just feel sorry for anyone that pathetic and feeble. I mean, how sad is your life that you think it's "fun" or it makes you feel big to belittle others? Sad, sad, sad...And if it's not a "drive-by" situation, I'll be happy to tell them that. If it's a drive-by, a smile and wave suffices to baffle them. Don't dwell on it. - those losers don't deserve your time!
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    The fact is, kids are cruel and mean. They probably have been yelling that at everyone they pass, overweight or not. Don't take it personal, and don't let them make you feel that way. In 10 years they will be on MFP trying to figure out if they should be eating their exercise Calories.

LOL... Amen!
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Try to ignore this stupid small minded people.
    Easier said then done i know.
    The amount of abuse I,ve had my remark back which i find always stops people in there tracks is
    I may be fat but i can lose weight what the hell can you do about your face.
    Anyway from your pic you look lovely so don,t have people knock your confidence!
    :0)
  • evil_rider
    Options
    *kitten* em' dude...............you're out there exercising while they're driving in a car. Keep doin' your thing and don't let jacka$$es get to you...........
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's because we live in Canada.

Ummmm ......NO. Not all Canadians are nice. (I'm Canadian, so dont think I'm being judgemental...I'm just saying)
    This happened to me once. I was running with my dog and a truck load of hill billies drove by and shouted a number of fatarse references at me. Let me tell you the Big Middle Finger came out and I used it LIBERALLY with a number of explitives of my own.
    I take solace in the fact that although I will only be overweight for a few years, they will be small minded, ignorant abusive douchbags for EV-EH!!!