• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Since my year end challenge started last week :) Here goes:
    Week 1: 254.9
    Week 2: 250.2

Weight lost for challenge: 4.7lbs

For the next 3 weeks:
    1. Water - did this for at least 5 of the days (until my wisdom tooth was removed)
    - Drink at least 9 glasses of water a day, should add lemon slices to half of them
    - First drink of the day should be hot water and lemon at least 3 mornings of the week

2. Medications & Naturopathy - did the first two perfectly, didn't get tot he second two
    - Take all my pills everyday as directed
    - Take my multivitamin, folate supplement, chromium supplement daily at least 6 times a week
    - Take my 1 tsp of ACV before at least 2 of my meals daily in a glass of water
    - Try to practice oil pulling at least 2 times a week

3. Food: - was pretty focused on this. Success!!!
    - Stay under sugar goals at least 6 days a week
    - Make sure to keep protein/carb balance at 50% every day
    - Stay under fat goal at least 3 days a week
    - At least 5 F&V 5 days a week

4. Exercise: - Did none of this - between my back, my allergies, my asthma and my overall malaise.....I have to do this better!
    - Swim Club on Thursdays, 45 minutes
    - Dog for walk at least 3 times a week, 30 minutes
    - Biggest Loser Game on Wii at least 2 times a week, 20 minutes
    - Boxing on Wii, at least 2 times a week, 5 minutes
    - 5 minutes of stretching at least 5 times a week

5. Mental: - Did this!!
    - 5 minutes of meditation (guided or otherwise), 5 times a week
    - Spend at least an hour during the week chatting with friends in person
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Great losses Pam and Barb, Nice plans Pam. I am a bit stalled in that I am helping with my Mother who broke her collar bone. Having a hard time with getting my water, exercise and all my food goals not to mention the rest of what I need to do. I have been going back and forth between her house and mine. My sister is doing what she can some afternoons and evenings. My brother helps on the weekends a bit. Next week I think we will have her moved where she can get some assistance but until then things are not boding well for weight loss. I think I can maintain OK. Hope it is a Happy Halloween for everyone.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just thought for fun, I'd go back and read a few posts from this thread on page 1 and do you realize, the first post was Dec. 14, 2010!!

Now, i weighed in for this week and gained 2.8 lbs....not happy but that makes me want to work harder this week to get out of the 160s....I was out and now I'm back.

Hoping this month will be better, even though the bug TURKEY day is around the corner.....I'll be back later and check in. Got soem cleaning I need to go get done.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Quick update: Since my year end challenge started last week :) Here goes:
    Week 3: 249.1

Weight lost for challenge: 5.8lbs

For the next 3 weeks:
    1. Water
    - Drink at least 9 glasses of water a day, should add lemon slices to half of them - did this, without the lemon so far
    - First drink of the day should be hot water and lemon at least 3 mornings of the week - didn't get to this

2. Medications & Naturopathy
    - Take all my pills everyday as directed - perfect
    - Take my multivitamin, folate supplement, chromium supplement daily at least 6 times a week - perfect 7 days/week
    - Take my 1 tsp of ACV before at least 2 of my meals daily in a glass of water - haven't even cracked open my new bottle
    - Try to practice oil pulling at least 2 times a week - did this once, felt great that day, haven't gotten back to it yet

3. Food:
    - Stay under sugar goals at least 6 days a week - made it four days
    - Make sure to keep protein/carb balance at 50% every day - YEAH!!!! Kept to this
    - Stay under fat goal at least 3 days a week - 3 days on the dot
    - At least 5 F&V 5 days a week - did 5, 3days a week

4. Exercise:
    - Swim Club on Thursdays, 45 minutes - nope
    - Dog for walk at least 3 times a week, 30 minutes - 1x this week
    - Biggest Loser Game on Wii at least 2 times a week, 20 minutes - nope
    - Boxing on Wii, at least 2 times a week, 5 minutes - I did it one time for 10 minutes does thatcount?
    - 5 minutes of stretching at least 5 times a week - yes!

5. Mental: - Did this!!
    - 5 minutes of meditation (guided or otherwise), 5 times a week - Done and done
    - Spend at least an hour during the week chatting with friends in person - spent 6 hours outside with the neighbours on Halloween night and loved every minute of it!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Great progress Pam, Yoy will get back down soon Barb. I want to make some progress between Halloween and Thanksgiving. At least I have my Mom moved to where she has assistance and I am back exercising again - weight training Mon. Wed., run/walk intervals yesterday and moving, today I also went to Aquafit. I am dong better with water. .
    Keri
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Two hours of aquafit sounds like heaven to me!!!
  • KeriA
    Options
    I have gotten off track for the first time since I started on MFP in the last few weeks. I can deal with Halloween. I can deal with helping my Mom when she needs it. I can deal with a head injury that turns out in the end to be not too bad but you have to watch out for a while till you are sure. However I can't deal with all three. I have had plateaus and periods of not making progress but although I am not sure due to my typical weight variations I think I have gained back what I recently lost which is so frustrating since it was weight I lost getting out of a long plateau. So I am putting nothing but my children first over my exercise routine. Eating healthy is putting my children and me first. My Mom is in respite care and frankly any of her concerns now are not as important as my health. My siblings can chip in now since I did my share last week getting her settled in.

My favorite aquafit teacher is having surgery too. However it turns out that even not so good aquafit is great cardio for my weight training days. Wednesday my second favorite teacher is there anyway. I am going to take a chapter from your book Pam and get back into my weight loss efforts seriously this week. These pounds can't be that solid. So they are going down and I am going to continue to make progress. The holidays shouldn't really stop me either. I may have a few days of maintenance but that shouldn't stop progress. Yes last holiday season I was happy to maintain but not this one. I want progress to continue. I want to get below 200 in 5-6 months. To do that I can't just maintain for 2 months. I need to get off any I gained and lose 10 more. So my new goal is being under by my birthday.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I did have a weigh in on Sunday and lost 1 lb (yay) now hopefully to lose that or more and keep it going. Another weigh in this Sunday.

I made it out to the gym today, mainly bc I needed to blow off some steam and I did when I ran that treadmill for 20 mins...It felt great! Hadn't been to the gym since August.

Great job, Pam!

Keri-Sorry to hear about everything going on. You keep do it, I know you can! But if you need to take a break, go ahead. We'll still be here waiting for you :flowerforyou:

Time for me to get to bed, it's getting late for me. Have a good night everyone.

:heart:
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Quick update: Since my year end challenge started last week :) Here goes:
    Week 3: 249.1
    Week 4: 248.8

Weight lost for challenge: 6.1lbs

I need to lighten up on myself. I think that's not terrible for a month (especially since TOM is still hanging around - and I'd put most of that back on last week)....it's not quite where I was expecting, but I've had a couple of bad days and I haven't been following the plan as well I should have. I get the results of the blood pressure test on Wednesday and hopefully the Celiac results, but my official consult on that is on the 23rd. We'll know what that all means then and what I need to do from here.

How is everyone's weeks going? Barb you're looking really healthy!!! Keri - that's a lot to deal with, but you are the most consistent person I know so you're going to come back and get right back on board. Kami? I haven't heard from you in a few weeks.

Do you think we need to create one of these new groups? I really like how supportive we all are - slowly the group fell away and now it's just the 4 of us most of the time :)
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Pam-I think that sounds like a great idea, to start a group. And thank you! I'm getting closer and closer to my big goal weight, but these last few lbs have been a pain in the butt to lose.....And you're doing a fabulous job too!

I'm hoping this week is a good weigh in, I've been pretty good about watching what I've been eating, except for today. Today I was stressed and didn't eat very well...and the only type of "excercise" I got was all the cleaning I did....ugh! today is a cheat day!

Hope to hear from the rest of you soon! Take care my friends!

:heart:
  • KeriA
    Options
    Hi All,
    It contines to be a whacky time. I had a job interview for one. It went well but there is alot of competition in my profession and not many jobs so if someone has just the experience they want I won't have a chance. I had to take/pick up my Mom a few times this week and tomorrow she is having surgery. My brother is on point for this though. Not getting enough exercise consistently either this week. I applied for and got approved for a free training class too. Anyway I am not quite satisfied I am on track all the way but I keep logging.

I think we could start a group and if we want we could even invite any of the others that were members and got lost. Many are friends on here still. Anyway I agree with Pam I love the support we all share. I like the continuity as well.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    As you say to me everyday......way to log!!!! I really find that I get off track easily when I don't log........so good for you......
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Group created and set up - I have added you guys in....feel free to share with others......I've invited many of the folks from this thread in particular (i.e. Carol, Morgan, Cgerman etc.....)
  • ejbarker
    Options
    If it's possible to join the group, I was a member of the original Join me... thread, but lost track of myself over the past year and a half with school and other excuses. I'd love to come back to the group, if you'll still have me!
  • KeriA
    Options
    If it's possible to join the group, I was a member of the original Join me... thread, but lost track of myself over the past year and a half with school and other excuses. I'd love to come back to the group, if you'll still have me!
    Here is the link to the continuing group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/685-100-lbs-to-lose