20 pounds down by Christmas!

Options

Replies

• Kerseygeek
    Options
    I think a bunch of people complained about them following the rules and didn't like them so they decided to get rid of them since their stated rule was only MFP tickers. I think it stinks.

I forgot to add that many people are upset, like me, because they didn't make any formal announcement so no one knew it was going to happen unless they caught it in a random thread.
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    Ok so today I'm not a happy camper. I've been working out really good this week so far and not eating junk and today I went up .2lbs. Granted that's not much but yesterday I went down a whole pound and then today I go up. I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is that I'm not eating enough calories and have real trouble eating my regular 1200 much less any exercise calories. I eat sensible and try to balance my groups as well as avoid the junk but then I end up not finishing my calories. I have a hard time finding snacks that aren't just mainly carbs which I have experience with keeping me from losing weight especially if I eat too many for snacks. I have lost .5 inch in my upper waist and .5 in my waist which only makes me more frustrated that I'm not losing weight. I hope it's just muscle gain but I think my diet may have something to do with it. Ugh, I'm just frustrated.
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    update!!
    lost another pound!!! down to 173.5--that is 15 total pounds...will stay focused on 1 to 1.5 pounds loss per week and NOT losing too fast and therefore losing muscle.
    working on eating almost all my exercise calories. doing at least 45 min of cardio PLUS jillian's SHRED daily.
    sleeping 8 hours, eating 4 to 6 veggie portions per day.
    174.5 (down half a pound)
    worked out 45 minutes every morning AND added nightly shred video...AND did a 10k race on Saturday
    BUT this was my highest calorie week since i started MFP and i was over goal like half of the week so i am grateful for losing at all.

this coming week the goal is 1.5 or more pounds down

lets stay totally focused EVERYONE!
    :)

nonscale victory: ran the 10K... cut about 30 seconds off of my average pace AND was ahead of my super fit size 4 gal-pal at the end!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I finally found the link. So my new weight is 162. I finally lost. I don't know if any of you guys have noticed this... but im always cold, and when I get cold its hard to warm up.
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Ok so today I'm not a happy camper. I've been working out really good this week so far and not eating junk and today I went up .2lbs. Granted that's not much but yesterday I went down a whole pound and then today I go up. I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is that I'm not eating enough calories and have real trouble eating my regular 1200 much less any exercise calories. I eat sensible and try to balance my groups as well as avoid the junk but then I end up not finishing my calories. I have a hard time finding snacks that aren't just mainly carbs which I have experience with keeping me from losing weight especially if I eat too many for snacks. I have lost .5 inch in my upper waist and .5 in my waist which only makes me more frustrated that I'm not losing weight. I hope it's just muscle gain but I think my diet may have something to do with it. Ugh, I'm just frustrated.
    As frustrating as it is to see a gain, just remember that it's impossible for the numbers to go down every single day because weight fluctuates. In my experience, .2 lbs could be nothing. I could step back on the scale 5 minutes later & it would be down .2. I could use the restroom & lose .2 lbs! So try not to get discouraged! :)
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My before pic, at my heaviest, is in my photos for ppl to see. I didnt get a chance to do photobucket ect but it is there, back fat and all lol. I will be putting up another pic once I get to my half way point or the end of December, around my anniversary.
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you are gorgeous!!!! do not jank on your 'back fat'! It was your special day and you looked special! :D Keep up the great work!!
    My before pic, at my heaviest, is in my photos for ppl to see. I didnt get a chance to do photobucket ect but it is there, back fat and all lol. I will be putting up another pic once I get to my half way point or the end of December, around my anniversary.
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    Well yesterday was my be bad day because I just did what I wanted and I didn't workout. So obviously I went up today again. But today was a new day and I've been good with food and I did all my exercises. I'm in a better mood today too so that's helped. I hope to see some loss tomorrow but I really hope to see something good at weigh-in this week.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I had a really good workout last night. But the scale didn't like it enough. I gained 2lbs. Im wondering if its because I didn't drink enough water this week ......
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Re-Post:

REALLY SUPER IMPORTANT

Here is the link to the Google spread sheet! YAYYY. Sorry this is so late, but hey.. better late then never. You are all more then welcome to go in and change your weight loss. This will be MUCH easier to keep track of. I still want to see the weigh-ins and whatnot on the thread, but at least you will be able to see how everyone else is doing, and correct any weigh-losses that I might have missed. No sign-in required. Please only change your own.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3Ar7LTlG1odFFFNU9fR0JQX0xia25EZWlvSTB3aVE
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    I know that your weight can go up a bit from doing intense workouts because you're muscles will retain water. However, can it be so bad that you gain 2lbs in water weight? I did awesome yesterday and worked out but went up today another pound so now I'm up 2lbs. I don't remember it being this bad before but this time I'm doing the Ripped in 30 and my weight has not liked it. Ugh, I hope the scale looks better tomorrow or there will be no hope for Sunday.
  • saudade87
    Options
    i'm weighing in tonight because i would be going from my 8 hour nightshift right to my first eagles game! woop! it's going to be a rough 26+ hours...
    sw: 236
    1st week: 234.4
    2nd week: 232.2
    3rd week: 226.8
    4th week: 230.0
    cw: 224.3
    yey! i started zumba last week- what an amazing workout! i also made a point to eat back at least 3/4th of my exercise calories and i ended up with big numbers, despite TOM starting today. i feel happy with this :)

good luck everyone with weighing in tomorrow
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My weigh in for this week is 314.2! That is a loss of 13.6 lbs since I started this challenge! :D it was down 3.2 lbs for this week. and may I just add that for a TOM week that was a good weight loss?!! I am only 14.3 lbs away from my first goal which is to be under 300 by January 1st! I can't wait to get to that point!
  • Kerseygeek
    Options
    Well my weight is coming back down. I think I was retaining some muscle water weight. Hopefully I'll see some good numbers tomorrow.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Did you all update the sheet tonight? I'm checking... Don't forget about weigh-ins tomorrow
  • angeleyez77
    angeleyez77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 135.8
    hope to be down to 130 to 125(a healthy BMI)
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm updating in the morning!!! I'm on my way!!! =)
  • mizbubblz
    mizbubblz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    use the new scale and just go from that one here on out.
  • klynn22091
    klynn22091 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Since I started this challenge (and MFP) I have lost 10 lbs, not seeing any difference in my physical appearance but my jeans are loose, will post pictures as soon as I have some...maybe someone else will notice the difference...
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Weighing in!

211.8, down 2.2 from last week, 11.2lbs in total! :bigsmile:

I wish we weighed in on Saturdays because yesterday I weighed 211 lol, oh well!!