Couch to 5k Group - Starting Monday April 13th

Options

Replies

• shababy
    shababy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all, last night I did week two day two and it felt great, I had to puch myself a bit and making sure not to quit…

Shababy~~Go right ahead and do a week twice, I am on Week two day two and I am feeling it…I did this program before and I had to repeat the third week twice before I was ok to do week four. Congrats on making it this far though..doesnt it feel great once youre done

Erin~~yes I skip a run in between, cause there is no way I can run two days in a row..

Well all time for me to get home, I will chat a lil later..

Yari =)

I will finish Week 3 on saturday. If I my body is totally not up for it, i will just do week 3 again next week. I had a scope done on my knee 2 yrs ago so i am trying to take it easy. I have heard that runners can get injured easily by overdoing it. But you are right...running makes me feel brand new. i have done years of excercise on the elliptical, stairmaster etc, and nothing compares. i feel so accomplished after i finish. Until next time...happy running!!!:happy:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Made it through Day 2 of Week 5. :bigsmile: Looking forward to a beautiful outdoor run for Day 3 this weekend. 20 minutes straight through ought to be interesting.

Keep up the awesome work everyone!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Welp, I did my second run of the day with my housemate. I'm actually kind of glad that I did. I did NOT feel nearly as fresh as I did this morning, but it was a nice evening. Plus it gave me an excuse to get outside which is always nice after work. Sidestitch was still there, but not nearly so bad. Also it gave me a chance to try my nike+ thing... I need to come up with a way to attach it to my brooks shoes without duct tape. Not that there's anything wrong with duct tape, but I feel slightly emasculated running around with bright pink stripes on my shoes, lol.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi all, last night I did week two day two and it felt great, I had to puch myself a bit and making sure not to quit…

Shababy~~Go right ahead and do a week twice, I am on Week two day two and I am feeling it…I did this program before and I had to repeat the third week twice before I was ok to do week four. Congrats on making it this far though..doesnt it feel great once youre done

Erin~~yes I skip a run in between, cause there is no way I can run two days in a row..

Well all time for me to get home, I will chat a lil later..

Yari =)
    I think you can definitely repeat a week if you feel like you need to! I did week 1 twice cause I felt so out of shape. :happy:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Welp, I did my second run of the day with my housemate. I'm actually kind of glad that I did. I did NOT feel nearly as fresh as I did this morning, but it was a nice evening. Plus it gave me an excuse to get outside which is always nice after work. Sidestitch was still there, but not nearly so bad. Also it gave me a chance to try my nike+ thing... I need to come up with a way to attach it to my brooks shoes without duct tape. Not that there's anything wrong with duct tape, but I feel slightly emasculated running around with bright pink stripes on my shoes, lol.

Two runs in one day, WTG! :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Hey, I found my girlz Jamie and Yari here! Cool, we have a great place to visit, this thread!

I made up my own program, and run/walked for an hour for a month before I started the C25K.

Now: C25K=
    I'm in Week 2, just did Day 2 of C25K, I'm in - I'm in! ! ! I have been doing the intervals for an hour though, we'll see how long I can keep that up. :tongue: I stick to the C25K Program for the first 30 minutes, then today I went back to run 1:00, walk 1:30 for the second 30 minutes.

I broke the15-min-mile-average today! I am so excited. (Four miles total) I'm doing every-other-day, not just weekdays.
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    Just thought i'd chime in... :) I started the couch to 5k program today!!! (week 1 day 1) And it wasn't to bad. Def. worked my legs out more than I thought it would. Lots of fun though. :) glad i found this thread!!!
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Hey, I found my girlz Jamie and Yari here! Cool, we have a great place to visit, this thread!

I made up my own program, and run/walked for an hour for a month before I started the C25K.

Now: C25K=
    I'm in Week 2, just did Day 2 of C25K, I'm in - I'm in! ! ! I have been doing the intervals for an hour though, we'll see how long I can keep that up. :tongue: I stick to the C25K Program for the first 30 minutes, then today I went back to run 1:00, walk 1:30 for the second 30 minutes.

I broke the15-min-mile-average today! I am so excited. (Four miles total) I'm doing every-other-day, not just weekdays.

Yea CM is here! :smile:
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I need to do my second run of week 1 today and I am dreading it! lol I feel awkward running on the treadmill and I'm thinking i need better running shoes or something. It just doesn't feel comfortable when I run.
    Has anyone else experienced this and got new shoes and it made a difference?
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Sidestiches are the hardest thing to run through! But I was told there are only two ways to deal with them: Stop and rest or keep going and wait for it to go...

I prefer the latter. Stopping never feels as good!

PS: There IS such a thing as manly pink. ;)
  • nickybr38
    Options
    I need to do my second run of week 1 today and I am dreading it! lol I feel awkward running on the treadmill and I'm thinking i need better running shoes or something. It just doesn't feel comfortable when I run.
    Has anyone else experienced this and got new shoes and it made a difference?

Shoes make a huge difference!! They're absolutely imperative. Also, running on a treadmill always feels a bit awkward for me but just try adjusting speed and even incline until you get to a point where it feels more comfortable.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm doing a hike today, no C25K - it's my day off. But I wanted to bump the thread.

I can't run on the treadmill - I can't stay centered - plus I love the challenges of the wind and hills and I live on a 40 mile long trail. Awesome for running.

Go run! Later. :happy:
  • cmriverside
    Options

What is the Nike+ thing? Is it the fitness training tracker device? Does it have to go on the shoe? Can you put it under your sock? (Obviously above the ankle...)
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 is in the books. It felt so good to be outside in the sunshine and not in the rain.
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    So today was day 2 of week 2 and I am happy to say that it wasn't as bad at day 1 of week 2. Yea!
    Hope everyone had a great day! :smile:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey all, sounds like everyone is doing really well...yay for us!

No C25K for me today, it was my off day. Tomorrow will be Week 5 Day 3, and it will be my 20 minute/2 mile run with no walks. Since the weather is supposed to be so gorgeous tomorrow, I'm going to give myself a break from the treadmill and venture outside. So excited. I'll let you know how it goes...
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Hells yeah, week 1 is in the bag! I'm surprised, it wasn't nearly so bad. Next week has me a little nervous but I'm gonna go at it with everything I got. Just curious, does anyone else average around a 14 minute mile? Is this crazy slow? According to mfp that doesn't even count as jogging :(
  • nickybr38
    Options
    :frown:
    I don't think I"ll ever graduate past week one. Yikes!
  • shababy
    shababy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hells yeah, week 1 is in the bag! I'm surprised, it wasn't nearly so bad. Next week has me a little nervous but I'm gonna go at it with everything I got. Just curious, does anyone else average around a 14 minute mile? Is this crazy slow? According to mfp that doesn't even count as jogging :(

My mile is 16.5 min and I am proud of it!!! I am only 5'0 and I cant run 6.0 mph. You don't have to run. At this point, endurance is the key. Jogging at a decent pace should do the trick. My opinion and i am sticking with it. :happy:
  • FitMomRunning
    FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cool, a C25K group! I completed the program 2 years ago and two weeks later ended up pregnant so couldn't continue with my 30 minute jogs. lol I started it again recently and just finished Week 7 today. I have to say, Day 3 of Week 5 was the hardest for me. I had a huge mental block, wondering if I could really run for 20 minutes straight. Strangely enough, the time goes by much quicker now and while I sweat like crazy, I don't feel winded or anything like that.

Shoes make a huge difference! The first time around I used the $10 shoes I found at Walmart. This time I invested in a pair of Asics and I am much more comfortable. My feet don't get sore like they used to since they are properly supported.

Anyway...good luck! I know you can do it.