What size pants do you wear?

Options

Replies

• stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 203lbs and tight fitting size 16 pants. I was determined to not buy size 18. After losing 37lbs I fit comfortably into the size I thought I would be happy with which was an 8. I feel like I still need to lose 15-20 more lbs so we'll see what size I will be in then. It's awesome to be in single digit clothing finally, it's been way too long. Btw almost all of my pants are from Old Navy and the size 8 I fit into I had from years ago... before I had kids I had saved them for motivation.
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's a little depressing for me. I started out wearing a 16 I am 5'1 and was 192-196. I currently weigh 181 and I am still in the same size 16 jeans. The good news is they are getting loose and I can breathe and move in them. Looking foward to a smaller size soon.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to you but clothes manufacturers are making jeans/pants larger but not changing the size printed on them. I bought a new pair of jeans a couple of months ago and they were a size 4. I KNOW I'm not a size 4. I pulled out a pair of old jeans from 10 years ago and they are a size 8. They both fit exactly the same. Same brand, same style.

Many articles have been published that prove this. If you've saved a favorite pair of jeans/pants in the hopes of being able to fit back into them, try it, you'll see.
  • vannie18
    Options
    I hate to break it to you but clothes manufacturers are making jeans/pants larger but not changing the size printed on them. I bought a new pair of jeans a couple of months ago and they were a size 4. I KNOW I'm not a size 4. I pulled out a pair of old jeans from 10 years ago and they are a size 8. They both fit exactly the same. Same brand, same style.

Many articles have been published that prove this. If you've saved a favorite pair of jeans/pants in the hopes of being able to fit back into them, try it, you'll see.

I agree with you, but we can dream too! :smile:
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    22 down to a about a 10
  • AndieCal
    Options
    I just started and my pant size is 12 or 31. I'd like to see 8 or 10. I guess we'll have to wait and find out what happens.
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options

If this is the case I can't wait to go clothes shopping!! I saved all my old pants from before I had kids and have fit into the smallest size (8) so I may be like a size 4 if this is true. A girl can dream right:)
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    im 5'0 and at my heaviest i was a size 10. Now im at a bizarre size 2. I never thought i would be this size...I was never this small, even when i was a kid!!
  • pmcder10
    Options
    I am 5 feet exactly and I weigh 136 and im in a 5/6 comfortably, 6 short in american eagle to be exact so i think your right on. some brands will have me in a 7/8 all dep on how they are made. good luck & keep it up, my goal is 115! size 3/4

You and I are just about right on! I am 5'0 and want to be between 110 and 115 when I'm done losing. I'm currently 128 wearing a size 5/6 depending on style and cut.

A year ago I was a size 9. I lost about 25 pounds on my own so far, but am thrilled to have found this site to help with the last bit.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I am 333lbs and in a size 4. I'm very shocked and happy!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Oh crap! I mean I'm 133lbs not 333! LOL!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm size 30
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 170 and wore a size 12 at Old Navy

Now, I am 132 and I can wear a 2 or 4 depending on the brand and cut. I am kind of curvy too, so I found a new love in Express (size 2 or 4) jeans and Levi's supreme curve size 27.
  • lidageorge
    lidageorge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have the exact OPPOSITE problem! When I started i was 150 lbs, 5"6 and a size 14 pant. Now I am 125 ish and a size 9-11. I want to be a solid 9 (any brand). It looks like i will have to ignore all the weight charts for my age and hit 120. I am being smart, I eat within my calories and do p90x 5 times a week. I have just added a 30 min jog 3 days a week to try and lose the last 5 lbs. Would never go there...but sometimes feel lipo is my only solution..I hold weight on my hips, always have. Even at 105 when I was in my 20's I wore a size 7-9 and had a 11 inch difference between my hips and waist.
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    142 and size 5...hoping for a 3 when I reach my goal weight
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I started my weightloss journey I was 183lbs at 5'3" and squeezing into ( and busting out of) size 12 pants. I'm now at 138 and mostly size 8s.
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    When I started MFP, I was a size 12 already. At my biggest, I was size 18 and I couldn't fit in juniors even though I was age 14. Scary. Now, I'm borderline size 8 and it's hard for me to believe because I still have 40 lbs. left to go! Either I'm aiming too low or I'm more petite than I think!
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Oh crap! I mean I'm 133lbs not 333! LOL!

I'd be amazed if you were 333 lbs. and a size 4!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Im a size 14, the highest I've ever been was 18/20
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and 103.4 and wear a size 0/1 or 2.