T.H.E. Team April 10-16 Week 10

Options
123457»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    I think I one is there that shows my hair lol..

:wink:

I looked....make it your av, I couldn't tell.....Oh, I meant to tell you - my ex is the Sales Manager for the Carson Valley Inn. His name is Bill Henderson, if you are ever there, look him up. Of course, he may have retired by now - I haven't talked to him for years. But he is really cool, you'd love him. He'd probably buy you lunch or something.

Just watch out, he has a thing for the ladies....hence my not marrying him......:noway:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Just a quick check in before I toddle off to bed. I think the rain/snow might be over for a minute. Hope everyone had a not very taxing tax day!

cm, seriously, can't believe that was my random night time thought. I wonder if the flush prompted it? BTW, nice to see the wogger chick back in action, though she makes me a little sea-sick. I don't know why.....:wink:

Did I mention that at the age of 16, people still thought I was my dad's boy instead of his girl? Yeah, No DDs here. However, I'm pretty good with a bow and arrow! :smile:

Congrats to all on vacations and exercise and wogging (which seems ti be in a class all its own). Sheila, good to have you back!

NIght night all! :yawn:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    good Morning Team,

Just droping in to say hello we had family ucher night and I took first place yay me LOL :laugh: I won $40 woo hoo LOL :laugh:

Today it is sunny and in the high 60's but I have to go to the dr and get a remicade infusion for my osteporosis so I will be there for a bout an hour and it takes me about 45 minutes to drive there!!! then back...

Well I wasnt able to go to the gym yesterday but I didnt eat bad either, I thinking about going to the park or to the gym today after the drs depending on how I feel because my back is still killing me boy do I need a shot but I want to wait closer to my vacation so I can walk around and not hurt so bad!!!! I dont think he will give me one this month and next month...

well Loved the pictures Li4g seems like you guys had a wonderful vacation, and hubby morgolis is posting Nice to meet him...

Kristi thanks for checking on me, sorry I was gone for so long.. I cant wait for monday!!! the kids and their moods are driving me crazy... I love them dearly but WOW...

Welcome to all the new Team members cant wait to get to know you all.... Hope all is going great...

well I have 4 weeks left to fit into my jean shorts that I met my hubby in!!! so I have about 5 inches left to loose in my abdomen so I really need to focus on my abs and my cardio for the next 4 weeks I can get them up all the way I just cant seal the deal LOL:laugh: .... even laying down :sad: well better get on those abs ASAP:wink:

well off to the shower to get ready for the dr!!!

sheila
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Things are going well in sunny N. CA. Sorry to rub it in. 76 today. Tell me the truth, could it get any better than that. Oh wait yes, actually not working 10 hours but getting to be in it besides a lunch walk. Ahh, I'll count my blessing anyway.
    Flying out to AL on the redeye so won't check in till I get back. Wish me luck. Luckily for me I've forewarned them and they understand I have a special renal diet and I'll have to stop and buy my own food. Otherwise they cook....well I guess I'd say the Southern way. :happy:
    Keep up the moving. Look forward to catching up when I return.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    good Morning Team,

Just droping in to say hello we had family ucher night and I took first place yay me LOL :laugh: I won $40 woo hoo LOL :laugh:

Today it is sunny and in the high 60's but I have to go to the dr and get a remicade infusion for my osteporosis so I will be there for a bout an hour and it takes me about 45 minutes to drive there!!! then back...

Well I wasnt able to go to the gym yesterday but I didnt eat bad either, I thinking about going to the park or to the gym today after the drs depending on how I feel because my back is still killing me boy do I need a shot but I want to wait closer to my vacation so I can walk around and not hurt so bad!!!! I dont think he will give me one this month and next month...

well Loved the pictures Li4g seems like you guys had a wonderful vacation, and hubby morgolis is posting Nice to meet him...

Kristi thanks for checking on me, sorry I was gone for so long.. I cant wait for monday!!! the kids and their moods are driving me crazy... I love them dearly but WOW...

Welcome to all the new Team members cant wait to get to know you all.... Hope all is going great...

well I have 4 weeks left to fit into my jean shorts that I met my hubby in!!! so I have about 5 inches left to loose in my abdomen so I really need to focus on my abs and my cardio for the next 4 weeks I can get them up all the way I just cant seal the deal LOL:laugh: .... even laying down :sad: well better get on those abs ASAP:wink:

well off to the shower to get ready for the dr!!!

sheila

Good job Sheila! Whenever I can't make it to the gym, eating becomes a challenge. Way to kick it in the butt! Great to have you back! :flowerforyou:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Things are going well in sunny N. CA. Sorry to rub it in. 76 today. Tell me the truth, could it get any better than that. Oh wait yes, actually not working 10 hours but getting to be in it besides a lunch walk. Ahh, I'll count my blessing anyway.
    Flying out to AL on the redeye so won't check in till I get back. Wish me luck. Luckily for me I've forewarned them and they understand I have a special renal diet and I'll have to stop and buy my own food. Otherwise they cook....well I guess I'd say the Southern way. :happy:
    Keep up the moving. Look forward to catching up when I return.

Have a great trip! Good luck! :smile:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Good Morning Team! A little late but still before noon so it counts. :wink:
    I was very excited this morning when I woke up and saw sunlight, finally! Today is going to be day 2 of week 2 for me on the Couch 2 5K. I am hopeful that the sun will hold out till my work day is over and I can run outside. Cross your fingers for me!
    I'm not sure if I am going to the gym tonight or just staying home and taking my dog on an extra long walk. I always have a hard time going indoors when its finally nice out!
    I am still considering a HRM. I read on the boards about a Reebok one. Does anyone use that kind? Why is it so much cheaper than the Polars and Timex?
    You guys have been mentioning the pushup challenge...is it something I can do even if I can't do a pushup???? :ohwell:
    Better get back to work. Hope everyone has a GREAT day! :flowerforyou:
    J.
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Sorry for being absent on here lately, I've just been crazy busy at work! I've lost 1 lb this week, so I'm pretty excited about that! I'm going home to Indiana this weekend to visit with my younger sister, and I'm really looking forward to it. She and I are going golfing, and I can't wait! It will be my first weekend away from my husband :sad: Seriously though, it's not going to be that traumatic, although he seems to think other wise!

Hope you're all doing well!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Almost good afternoon everyone..

I am off today.. Yoowhoooo..

I cleaned. Fun huh..

Just now sitting down to eat some oatmeal and then off to walk. It's beautiful here.. Sunny and going to be in the 60's.. yesterday it snowed.. go figure..

Just want to check in and say hey to everyone...

Anita
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ya'll, although it's still technically morning here... Went to the gym but did a slower workout today on the elliptical. EIther I'm coming down with something or wogging yesterday wore my butt out, because I took a nap yesterday afternoon, went to bed early, and am still tired today! But I got "over" my minimum cals burned so I'm happy.

Going shopping, or I should say, going to try on clothes today, my jeans are getting rather loose and I want to see if I'm in the next size down or not. Probably won't buy any, I'm just curious! It's nearly shorts weather... I like to wear capris all the time so don't want to invest in jeans right now.

I'm hoping my weight loss stays steady for tomorrow's weighin, since I weighed myself early... I want that 4 pounds! Jump start my 4th month on here! :happy:

How long are the other walk/jog downloads ya'll were talking about (Nicole & Suzanne I think) for the first week? The techno one is 30 mins... I'm almost there... but I want to see what else is out there too.
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    How long are the other walk/jog downloads ya'll were talking about (Nicole & Suzanne I think) for the first week? The techno one is 30 mins... I'm almost there... but I want to see what else is out there too.

Hi Adopt4! They are the exact same program as the techno one, just different music. I know Suz's version is a little over 30 cause she talks to you in the beginning but workout wise all the same time :happy:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Jamie, the pushups challenge is here:

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

And not many of us can do pushups to start. There is an explanation for the "test" and several different methods shown, so even if you can't do one pushup (which most women can't) there are variations - even starting with "wall" pushups - which you do standing with your feet away from the wall, and do "pushups" on the wall. (More of a push-away). The cool thing is, like C25K, it is a gradual program, doesn't take more than 15 min and you can see your progress. Check it out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kristi - :laugh: :bigsmile:
    cm, seriously, can't believe that was my random night time thought. I wonder if the flush prompted it?

ba-dum-bump *rim shot for you*

DSC04951.jpg

Oddly enough, 4:30 am was when I went to bed. So I was still wanting you to hear me......:wink:
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Good to see ya, :flowerforyou: DWray, Yari, prayerfulmom (Good Luck!), and Sheila! I knew we could count on you all to help us keep it going.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Li4g and morgolis, looking forward to you posting the link to all the pictures from your trip (or at least a PM so I can snoop)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Adopt4 - keep doin' what you're doing, girl. Something seems to have clicked with you.

I'm off to the beach - TTYL.

:glasses:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    hey team,

well my infusion went okay today I was just a big chicken about the IV cuz they never get it right... Well she did great...

well It is such a beautiful day today the sun is shinning the birds are cherping.. I love sitting out side at my new house cuz it is in the country, away from all the hussle and bussle of the city and you can hear the beautiful noise the animals make..

I never made it to the gym today or the park because with the infusion the first 24 hours you run a fever and you get flu like symptoms yay just what I need...

well nite nite see you tomorrow

sheila
  • morgolis
    morgolis Posts: 17
    Options
    Houston... The Eagle has landed.

Hi folks, well Li4G and myself have made it home and it's good to be back. Going to miss the warmer weather, but I think I brought some back as we just watched the weather report and it's supposed to be really nice this weekend.

CM - Yea, I also will miss the lightning storms, the one we seen was ULTRA cool! Maybe it's because we don't get many of them here in the PNW. I can say that the one we witnessed in Naples will stay with me for a very long time.

Li4G and myself hit the gym yesterday before we left and hit the weights pretty hard, her shoulder is hurting her a bit and I can say my chest, arms and back (Lats) are sore but it's a really good feeling. I haven't weighed in yet, saving the bad news for tomorrow at the gym.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Man-o-man-o-man I will NEVER complain about typing being boring again! The temp job I told you I was taking is a nightmare. The attorney is seriously "not right" - he has severe anger issues and talks horribly about almost everyone he mentions. He's very degrading about women and alternates yelling at me and complimenting me. These have been the most stressful two days - I can't even begin to explain how I feel. I am one of those kind of people that can rapidly grasp new things - I learn very quickly and LOVE learning new things - but this man has me soooo flustered and I was on the verge of tears 3 different times today and then came home and broke down crying to my husband - he said he'll go kick the guys *kitten*:bigsmile: which CRACKED me up - he's never been the protective sort . I called a couple of friends tonight who run in similar circles as this guy and they say he's a real peice of work. I had to tell him several times today that he seriously needed to chill out and reminded him that I am not the source of his anger:explode:

Needless to say, tomorrow morning I am telling him that I don't believe this is an assignment I am willing to continue! My psyche can NOT take that kind of beating ~:frown:

Okay, apologies all. I'm just using you for therapy tonight - I just needed sort of a collective group hug and know I can get it here - and now I am going to bed and feel sorry for myself. I know, I'm pitiful.... I promise I'll shake it off in the a.m. and be allll better tomorrow.:blushing: :heart:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    aww, wuwu

hug3.gif

I definitely would leave that assignment. Tomorrow will be a better day - I wouldn't even work tomorrow, I'd be calling in sick permanently. :sick:

(Be back later witht the new thread.)
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Hugs LuLU - you ned to give that guy a kick
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I have a headache, and I'm going to bed.....

NEW THREAD

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/49683-the-team-week-11-april-17-23
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

I'm off to the beach - TTYL.

:glasses:

This of course would be the beach of the Great Salt Lake.

PICT0027.jpg

As you know, cm has moved to Salt Lake to over see whipping me back into shape. I don't know what she thinks she is doing trapsing off to the beach! I suspect that is where she got the head ache, because it is nearly brine fly season at the GSL.
    248.jpg
    One of the things we do for fun is try to convince out of town folks (aka city folks) that the brine fly is a delicasy. Poor city folks! They get better in a day or two.

Lulu, I am proud of you for leaving that guy! No wonder he needs a temp! Who would stay there long term? Life is too short for that nonsense!

Hey indgranny - are you coming or going right now? If going, good night. If coming, good morning! (Its hard to keep track of you!) :wink:

Morgolis and li4g, welcome home! Hope the kids cleaned up the party debris before you got there! :drinker:

Jamie, I do the wall-aways, or how ever cm described the vertical push-ups. One day perhaps I will get down on the floor. That will of course be at a time when there is a fair chance of getting up again!

Jump05.gif

Well everyone, since I am in training, and since cm got to bed early, chances are she will be after me to get up at the crack of dawn and exercise, so I will hit the hay.

:yawn: