Females: How many calories are you eating daily?

Options

Replies

• ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’1” and 106 lbs and I’m just maintaining. I eat about 1200-1300 calories a day and save my exercise calories for weekend or special occasion splurges.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1,600 a day. I usually do not eat my burn calories back. On occasion I will though.
  • swagson
    Options
    I usually eat around 600 or 700 calories, 400 or less if it's a good day for me.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am no professional, but I think you are eating way too little, especially for your age.
    I usually eat around 600 or 700 calories, 400 or less if it's a good day for me.
  • joleenerodriguez
    Options
    wow you have lost alot!!! Awesome. I eat back half of my exercise points and am not losing. Only lost 2 lbs in a month :( horrible. Guess everyones body is different.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 1200/day, sometimes a bit less sometimes a little more. This is not because of goals or anything, it is just how I normally eat. I saw a dietician yesterday and she told me that this is fine since I have energy and am not hungry, but not to eat much less than that, and to try and eat back at least part of my exercise calories. I have worked hard in the last month or two to add more protein and fat to my meals and to eat more regularly (including breakfast) so I think that is helping with my weight loss.

It's interesting to see the range here!
  • joleenerodriguez
    Options
    how do I find that group you have on MFP?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    5'9, 29 years old, 167 lbs currently

I eat 2100 - 2400 calories
  • CountingTheStars
    Options
    I'm 20, trying to gain weight and just started my new diet. I aim for 3,500 per day.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    because I don't have money, I usually don't reach 1200, but I wish I could...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", currently 142 lbs, 29 years old. My goal is set at 1 lb per week which gives me a goal of 1210 per day. I eat at least 1200 on non-exercise days. On days that I do exercise, I normally eat closer to 1600-1800 b/c I do eat most of my exercise calories. And I have had steady success at about the rate I am trying to lose. 23 lbs less than 3.5 months so far. (started the program shooting for 2 lbs per week at 1200, recently adjusted goal to 1 lb per week at 1210).
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    30 years old, 5'5", 200lbs. Calories set at 1800 daily, 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat. I eat whenever I am hungry. Sometimes exercise cals, sometimes not, but ALWAYS when hungry!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I usually eat between 1200 and 1500 cals a day. Whether I eat back what I burned that day or not usually just depends on how I feel. If I am hungry and it's not too late at night, I do. If I am not hungry, I don't.
    ^^This^^
  • marielleseastrom
    Options
    About 1200, and I don't eat back my calories burned. I'm new to this.
    I find that I am getting a little cranky, ut for the most part I eat the same thing every day.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm 58, 5'2" calorie allowance 1200. Eat 1500 or 1600, always eat my exercise calories. Have lost 16 lbs.
    Love not being hungry!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, weigh 147 and am eating net 1600/day. I eat back my exercise cals (so many days I eat closer to 2000) and am often a little over 1600 but still am losing. So I'm thinking about switching my settings to "very active" which would bump me up to 1742 if memory serves me correctly.

I don't know how people don't eat them back. Even as it is, most days I am HUNGRY and would have a hard time even sticking to 1700 if it weren't for working some extra cals off.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    About 1200, and I don't eat back my calories burned. I'm new to this.
    I find that I am getting a little cranky, ut for the most part I eat the same thing every day.

heya hun, if you're getting cranky then perhaps you need to eat your exercise calories back - keep some of that sanity

*not starting an exercise calories war here, just making a suggestion xxx *
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i am 42 203 i goal is 1200 but i rarely hit it, usually around 1000 caloris, i do not record my exercises so no i dont eat them back
  • _blackbird
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 139 pounds, and I eat between 1,100 and 1,500 daily, depending on the amount of exercise I do that day.