November Turkey Trot 10 lb Challenge

Options

Replies

• blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late coming into this, but I think I can do it this time.
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone! Everyone's success is so inspiring!
    Down a pound this week, 4 total so far this month to an even 200 pounds. Onederland here I come!
    26 miles completed this week! A combination of cycling, yoga, walking and swimming.
    Just needed to brag...I bought clothes from the misses section...Unbelievable, I thought the day would never come :smile:
    Have a good week everyone!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Only got 8 miles in this week :sad: Hubby was out of town, so I couldn't get in the workouts I wanted to. BUT this coming week will be better!

Weight 128.6...keep losing/gaining the same pound!

Take care!
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    so this weekend I didn't do that great...but I tried to continue to count my calories and eat my fruits and veggies...I did eh...but here is the kicker...I was down .2 today..usually I am UP 2 (water weight from lack of water intake...) but I was down by .2...hopefully that means this week will be a great loss week!

I especially thought it would be bad since I was not home yesterday and we had fast food for breakfast and apple bees for lunch...I tried to stay as "healthy" as possible though
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    Well, not even close to getting in 5/6 servings of vegetables per day. I get 5 fruits and vegetables, but the best I did was 3 veggies in one day. I have done fine with all the other challenges though. How is everyone else doing with the veggie thing? Carla
  • sarahkova
    Options
    I do better with veggies when I eat a huge salad for a meal...while this challenge is to get in 5 veggies, my goal is to get 5 fruits and veggies in because I rarely get 5 in...so am attempting to just get the 5 in steering more towards veggies but making sure I get in the five.
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone! Everyone's success is so inspiring!
    Down a pound this week, 4 total so far this month to an even 200 pounds. Onederland here I come!
    26 miles completed this week! A combination of cycling, yoga, walking and swimming.
    Just needed to brag...I bought clothes from the misses section...Unbelievable, I thought the day would never come :smile:
    Have a good week everyone!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Challange

10/5 - 0
    10/6 - REST DAY!!
    10/7 - 45 BootCamp = 6.4 miles, 20 Eliptical = .7 miles // 104 oz. // Under Calories
    10/8 - 45 BootCamp = 6.4 miles, 30 C25K =1.8 miles // 104 oz. // Under Calories
    10/9 - 60 Eliptical = 2.13 miles // 72 oz // Under Calories
    10/10 - 0
    10/11 - 0

Total Miles: 17.43
    Miles Left: 2.57
  • youuluvashh
    Options
    Week 3 Challange

10/12 - 60 Eliptical = 1.7 miles // 16 oz // Over Sodium // Veges: ??
    10/13 - REST DAY!!
    10/14 -
    10/15 -
    10/16 -
    10/17 -
    10/18 -

Total Miles: 1.7
    Miles Left: 18.3
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Challange

10/13 - REST DAY!!
    10/14 -
    10/15 -
    10/16 -
    10/17 -
    10/18 -

Total Miles: 1.7
    Miles Left: 18.3

Do you mean November? youuluvashh? 11/12, 11/13, 11/14, etc.... (:
  • sarahkova
    Options
    Family has been here from out of town so we have been eating out a ton :( keeping with in my calories, and doing great with water and veggies, but ummm my sodium hasn't been pretty! shooting to do well the next few days!
  • youuluvashh
    Options
    Week 3 Challange

10/13 - REST DAY!!
    10/14 - 60 Eliptical = 1.83 // 16 oz // Over Sodium // Veges: No
    10/15 - 60 Eliptical = 1.8 // 16 oz // Over Sodium // Veges: No
    10/16 -
    10/17 -
    10/18 -

Total Miles: 5.33
    Miles Left: 14.67
  • zumbawhit
    Options
    Just totally lost a bet to jrdoty... FOR THE RECORD: In case you were confused, it's 100 miles this month... not 200. LOL! I would like to attribute this misunderstanding to being an overachiever... not to my blonde roots. LOL!!!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sigh, I have done barely any exercise but I have been tracking my eating and am still losing weight, so, kinda of yay?
  • arwaleenah
    arwaleenah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    12/13/14- 0 workout miles
    11/15- 60min-8.58 miles under calories
    11/16- 85 min-12.16 miles under calories
    11/17-
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I need to sit down and add up all my miles and put them on the chart. I have been under calories all week as usual and drink my water every day too.

I have changed my profile pic to one that was taken last week. The pictures from last year are in my profile

Pam
  • Tani316
    Options
    Never considered keeping track of my miles before but I'm really enjoying seeing all I've accomplished. This week I've been waging war with a cold but I've stayed under my calories and done about half my miles. I think my newfound exercise regimen has stopped the cold from swallowing me whole like it usually does.

Also, I love that my body has adjusted so quickly to being super active. Even though I'm trying to get extra rest my body is just itching for my usual bike rides and trips to the track.

Thanks jrdoty!!! Great idea!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Just totally lost a bet to jrdoty... FOR THE RECORD: In case you were confused, it's 100 miles this month... not 200. LOL! I would like to attribute this misunderstanding to being an overachiever... not to my blonde roots. LOL!!!

WHOOP WHOOP! Free glass of moscato for me! :happy:
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    So it's Thursday, which means it's time for me to post next week's mini-challenge. BUT...next week involves...DUN DUN DUUNNNN: Thanksgiving!!!

The good thing about this is that there is AWESOME FOOD!

The bad thing about this is that there is AWESOME FOOD!

:huh:

So what is the mini-challenge for this week, you ask? PLAN AHEAD!!!!!

Weigh in day is the day after Thanksgiving - naturally most people are going to make HORRIBLE food choices this day because there's just too much good stuff, and pie, and gravy, and pie, and awesomeness, and pie - to choose from! Not to mention the fact that you might have 2 dinners in one day! And then Friday is weigh-in day. :noway:

Some of you are going to "gain" weight next week, but it's probably just water weight, so don't freak out. Some of you are going to maintain next week and be stressed about meeting the 10 lb. goal. Others of you are going to LOSE weight next week because you're going to plan ahead and make awesome choices and drink plenty of water and stay faithful to your workouts. I know you can do it!

SO - get out your planners, see when your scheduled dinners are, schedule workouts around family time, decide ahead of time what/how much you're going to allow yourself to eat, and then just stick to it. I know some people aren't good planners, but the holidays are the time when we must plan the most, or else gaining is inevitable. You all have done so well this month, so keep up the great work! :drinker:

And don't forget to weigh in tomorrow!!!!!
  • zumbawhit
    Options
    Lucky for me, Thanksgiving is the one holiday that we don't go anywhere. We don't wake up early, we don't make tons of food, we don't deal with in-laws, multiple houses, or divorced parents. Yep. Thanksgiving around here is pretty sweet!
    So, the plan for me:
    Same ol, Same ol.

Now, can you make me plan my budget for BLACK FRIDAY?????? WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!