Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    OK - after being depressed about not losing anything last week after having tried so hard to be good, I feel I have done pretty well not giving in to the temptation to eat away my depression about the whole thing. I really think having friends and a group for accountability has helped me. I have done pretty well with mindful eating this week despite being totally stressed out!!! I SOOOOO wanted to eat a whole bunch of chocolate, lol!! So I am thanking all today for being there in your posts (individually and in the community group). You all inspire me! Here's hoping for a great weekend!
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    wk3.png

If there's any errors, please let me know!! Keep with it everyone! We're almost 1/2 way there!!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Ok so adding veggies is a little tough for me. YEsterday I had subway and got extra veggies on there but that was about it for the remainder of the day. I only managed to get in 20 min of physical activity unless you want to count the 4 hrs i was on my feet giving flu shots!!!! =)
    Sleep!??? Well yeah I managed to get in about 8 hrs of sleep so I think what I need to work on right now is my water and veggie intake!

Good luck everyone and hope this next weigh in brings us all a loss!!! Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I am mentally preparing myself to watch what I eat!!! LOL!!!
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just checking in-

1. Only got 6 hours of sleep last night, but took a nap later to bring it to a normal amount.
    2. Popped in a DVD for 50 minutes of exercise (YAY!)
    3. Had red and green peppers today and mushrooms in an excellent omelet. This one is a great challenge for me, as I usually skip on fresh vegetables because they are so expensive and my income is so small. But today I got some good deals at the farmer's market and I'm loving the fresh veggies. :love:

9 glasses of water and counting... I felt so dehydrated today I wouldn't be surprised if I drank 5 more before bed.
  • Frankeegee
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned starting a group? I think we could touch bases more easily that way. What say you?
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I hope your weekend has been great so far. I am liking the challenges this week. I have managed to get to bed by 10 most nights which is really good for me. I think the time change is helping with that. I have taken my cardio workout up a notch and have been eating my veggies. I am staying within my calories, and eating back some exercise calories. I am still not losing, and I think it may be because my salt and carb intake are too high. That is going to be very hard for me to change, and I was hoping that with the exercise and limited cals I wouldn't have to but I think I was wrong so this week my mindful eating will center around this.
  • sunflowers8
    sunflowers8 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Checking in.
    Hi everyone. i'm still on track with the challenges and having another good week just hope it shows on the scales on Monday.
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Challenges were good and bad today.

1. Didn't eat a single vegetable today. Had a GREAT fruit day, but no veggies. :frown:
    2. Went on a walk this morning for 7 miles! It was great!
    3. Got plenty of sleep and water.

I feel really strong today, especially my legs. I have been very conscious of my calories, but I kind of don't care what the scale says on Wednesday. I feel so good and healthy! :smile:
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! Heading off to my first Zumba class today. I set a goal for myself to try a new class a the gym this weekend. Wishing everyone luck on the veggies and exercise today!
  • kristin335
    Options
    Hi everyone~
    I had a horrible week with the weight loss challenge ! I was so discouraged I didn't lose any weight this week, that I fell off the bandwagon and couldn't get back on. I'm rededicating myself today and I'm determined to get back on track. Reading about other peoples struggles and successes has helped me get through this rough patch. Does anyone have any advice on how they pick themselves up after a bad few days?
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    carrots and cauliflower all day today!! celery too!!!!:bigsmile:
  • nhjhawk
    nhjhawk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am just not getting the hang of this board thing :)! Missed posting on Wednesday and need to figure out the challange for this week.

I did lose another pound though!! That was even with getting into the kids' halloween haul. Have to get more serious this week.
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGES for week 4 (Thurs 11/10 > Wed 11/16)
    I think this weeks challenge should be along the lines of this mindful eating. During the next few weeks gearing up to Thanksgiving... everytime you are offered a treat, should ask yourself... is this REALLY worth it, if yes. EAT EAT EAT, if no, wait for a better option.
    Example.. coworker #1 brings in store bough donuts ( not worth it), but coworker #2 brings in HOMEMADE, preservative free pie or tarts ( worth it)

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away from tomorrow...can you believe it! Mindful eating is a very important habit to *overhaul* on this journey. What happens most of the time tho for me is....AM I HUNGRY? Is it physical? Am I wanting something crunchy, salty, sweet, smooth, chocolate, etc. We all have food we love and food we crave. I would like to keep with the mindful eating and let's base it on the questions suggested here.....and of course the common one, FEELINGS.

I'd also like to add a couple others along with this....

1. Sleep ~ I think we all pretty much know what is recommended for sleep, so if your lacking try to increase your zzz's. Are your evening's hectic? do you have a routine? what can we change to improve it?

2. Veggies ~ I do pretty well with all my other food categories, but this one gets slighted. Let's aim for 3. Again, increase if you need to. Do you have your veggies throughout the day? all at one meal? variety? fresh, frozen, canned?

3.Perhaps this week's challenge should be trying to get in a total of at least 30 minutes of exercise/physical activity per day? You can do it all at once or work toward that goal throughout the day.

So...
    1. Sleep
    2. Veggies
    3. 30 min per day

And, if you would like to continue with previous challenges...BONUS!

week 1 water
    week 2 push ups
    week 3 sit ups & squats, and mindful eating

Good Luck everyone! you're doing great! 6 FULL weeks left to go!

We weight on Wednesdays.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    SW: 166.6
    week 1: 164.0
    week 2: 162.0
    week 3: 160.8
    week 4: 158.0
    goal weight: 154.0

I'm so happy to be back in the 150's!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    Hi Members,

I wanted to direct your attention to this post about migrating your group thread into a Group using our newly debuted Group feature.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390510-support-groups-challenges-please-migrate-to-groups

If you have questions, feel free to PM me. I think you'll find that transitioning your thread to an official Group is a major upgrade in terms of your ability to interact with each other.

Thanks!
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Attention Folks!!

At the request of Steven ( see above quote ) I have started a GROUP for us. If you go to the COMMUNITY tab (at the top) click on it then click on Groups you should find us. I will also post the link. Will check in later. Have a good one!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/395273-monday-11-14-11
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    If anyone needs help locating this, please message me or reply here!
  • shortcake101010
    Options
    would like to join the group....I would love to lose @ least 10 pounds between now and Christmas!! :smile:
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, just checking in. I've been out of town & just got back. I'm pretty sure this weeks weigh-in will be awful. In fact, I'm considering skipping it because I get SO discouraged & end up eating more when I gain. I had moms cooking all weekend, so we know what that does to a diet. But I've got my bottle of water right next to me & apple for breakfast so we're on track again!!
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/774-merry-christmas-to-you

Just so ya all know.....the above link is now where we are located. Meet us all there!! Click on 11.14.11 for our most current topic!
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Can you change my goal weight to 215? I just think 210 was too ambitious and I dont' want to have an unrealistic goal. Thanks!