Hundred Push Ups April

Options

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    YEAH!! another day of pushups done! I love how tired my arms feel when I'm finished. And the feeling of accomplishment that I finished. Exercise is such a good boost!

Today was week 5, day 2, level 2
    sets 1&2 18
    3&4 20
    5&6 14
    7 16
    8 40
    I really need to remember to test this weekend to see if I can move on either to level 3 of week 5 or level 1 of week 6.

Keep working towards those great looking arms! Summer is coming:drinker:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Way to go, everybody! wlh, congrats on hitting the double digits. :happy: Feel better soon, FG!

I have been doing pushups some this week but not following the official plan. This weekend I will test again with my 'new form' (going all the way to the floor) and then start over in the program wherever it makes sense - maybe week 3. It is kinda hilarious to watch me do them really low like that.... the bottom part of the pushup is reaaaaallly slow, and then the top part is super fast and strong. :blushing: Clearly, I haven't been building the muscles used for the low part (chest, I think) as much as I have the ones used for the top part (triceps).

I still need to order my t-shirt... I got annoyed with CafePress because the sizing on the shirt that I like best would possibly put me in an 2XL based on shoulder width and chest circumference (and believe me, I am NOT busty). Apparently I'm some kind of giant! :laugh: (This is not intended in any way to put down anyone wearing larger sizes - believe me, I have been there! But this has nothing to do with extra weight - it's just that the sizes on this shirt assume that all women have really narrow shoulders or something.)

Happy pushups!
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    3 (min 3)

And it has gotten a little easier but not by much. Each Monday I will move to the next week.
  • queen3510
    Options
    3 (min 3)

And it has gotten a little easier but not by much. Each Monday I will move to the next week.

Correction

This is week 1 day 1 and I will be moving to the next day each Monday. Pushups has always been difficult but I'm going to make it to 100. :bigsmile:
  • queen3510
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1

6 (min 3)

Whoo Hoo!!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2
    15(at least 12)
    I am SO determined to do this. I can't wait to see what I look like after I am able to do 100 consecutive push-ups!! I might even be able to wear a two-piece.:love:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    set 1 - 5
    set 2 - 7
    set 3 - 5
    set 4 - 5
    set 5 - 10 (just barely)... (at least 8)

I think I did an extra set of 5... I was mindlessly watching TV while doing my push-ups.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I'm feeling much better today, so I figure it's time to get exercising again.

Week 5, Day 2
    *girly-style*
    +19
    +19
    +22
    +22
    +18
    +18
    +22
    +50
    _____

:bigsmile:
  • keiko
    Options
    FG, glad to hear your feeling better:flowerforyou: It's not much fun when you're sick. and for me I get crabby when I don't get some exercise. Then no one feels good:laugh:

Today was week 5, day 3, level 2
    sets 1&2 18
    3&4 20
    5&6 17
    7 20
    8 45
    I'm going to test tomorrow.
    Time for some yard work:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry I disappeared! I had the flu three weeks ago, got back on track, and now I have sinus and upper respiratory infections. :grumble: I tried to do push ups a few days ago and I managed to do 18, not even going all the way to the floor, and realized I'm in no condition to push ups right now. I will get back to it once I get healthy enough to.
    It looks like everyone is doing great though!
    I'll try to check back in soon.
    MM
  • ktthegr8
    Options
    Hi! I did week 1 day 3
    15 (at least 13):tongue:
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 column 1

set 1 - 10
    set 2 - 12
    set 3 - 7
    set 4 - 7
    set 5 - 10 (just barely)... (at least 9)

This is getting very hard... I may have to repeat this week.
    My 3 year old is now trying to do push-ups with me. She gets in the crawling position and bends her elbows until her chin touches the floor then say "One, Two" LOL it is so funny.
    Today she asked me if we could do push-ups right after we were done with lunch.
    I hope I give her a good example of exercise and good nutrition as she gets older.
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Hi! I did week 1 day 3

Katie1376 - WOW you have lost a lot of weight!!!! You are almost to your goal!!!! Keep it up!!!!:drinker:
  • ktthegr8
    Options
    Hi! I did week 1 day 3

Katie1376 - WOW you have lost a lot of weight!!!! You are almost to your goal!!!! Keep it up!!!!:drinker:
    Thank you:blushing: I think it's awesome that your litle girl is doing push-ups! You're being an excellent role model:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    Options
    MM, I hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:

Wanda, don't worry about repeating weeks. I was on week 4 for awhile, then week 5 for what seemed like forever.

I just tested and I get to move on to week 6:drinker: :drinker: I didn't know if I was ever leaving week 5:laugh: I was so excited I had to come and post! I won't do my first day for this week until Tuesday. I just could not wait that long.
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many push-ups I will get in this week...I took a pretty hard fall off a horse yesterday and my left thumb and ankle are banged up. I'm still on week 2 and will try to do some push-ups this week if I can, but I will hope to be back in the challenge for real next week!
  • ktthegr8
    Options
    writer4him, I hope you get better soon:flowerforyou:
    I decided that I'm going to do week 1 again, just to make sure I'm ready to go on. So...
    Week 1 Day 1 level 3
    15 (at least 9)
  • LifeChanges42
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2 column 1

set 1 - 10
    set 2 - 12
    set 3 - 8
    set 4 - 8
    set 5 - 12 (just barely)... (at least 12)

Oh no... I met my limits!!! Wow! I may have to revert back to Week 3 Day 1 Column 1..... even before I attempt Day 3 for this week.

Writer4Him - I hope you rebound quickly. One of my friends is trying to brake in a new horse. She keeps telling me to come ride one of her other horses, but with my luck I would break something or worse.
  • keiko
    Options
    I just finished week 6, day 1, level 1. My arms are feeling it! But it's in a good way!

at least 40 and that's what I did. I almost didn't think I'd make it.

Hope everyone is enjoying the challenge:drinker:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! You are all doing great. Keiko, congrats on making week 6! And w4h, I hope you heal up soon. :flowerforyou:

I started over today, on WEEK 1. Yes, I know. :embarassed: But I've changed my form, and am now going all the way down to the floor, and week 1 is where I belong. Again. I am pretty embarrassed, but I am just telling myself that it is still working, so I will keep it up. It is amazing how pushups really work so many different parts of your body. I think my triceps are in great shape based on the way I was doing them before, and my core is a lot stronger, but now it is my chest and shoulders that are really feeling it.

Anyway:
    10 (at least 9)

plank-style, to the floor (I actually have bumped my nose/chin a couple of times)