Ripped in 30 starting 24/10/11

Options

Replies

• cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    Happy FRIDAY!

Im on week 3 also! It's def a challenge but Im hapy to have moved on from week 2! This weekend Im away so NO Ripped for me,,, tho I think my body could use a little more rest then I normally give it. Looking forward to a little relaxation!

KEEP IT UP!! :wink:
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Happy FRIDAY!

Im on week 3 also! It's def a challenge but Im hapy to have moved on from week 2! This weekend Im away so NO Ripped for me,,, tho I think my body could use a little more rest then I normally give it. Looking forward to a little relaxation!

KEEP IT UP!! :wink:

Yes happy Friday! I agree with you I am glad too to have moved on from level 2. I really like level 3. Yes it is hard but I like it. Can't believe we made it this far! It went by so quick. I will probably stay on level 3 for 7 days and then move on to level 4. That would mean on the 25th I will have done 5 days of level4 and I guess that means I am officially done. It is great timing ad on the 25th I am going to a fancy party and want to look good! I am hoping to tone more by then!

Enjoy your weekend and enjoy the well deserved rest!

Daisy
  • cgavin77
    Options
    Was away in Maine for the weekend visiting friends... MUCH NEEDED relaxation!! However wasnt able to workout at all! Back in the swing of things today.
    On lunch will warm up w/ a 15min run and do 30mins weights/strength and after work Ripped!! Cant wait...feel a little off/sluggish since I wasnt in my normal weekend routine.

How's everyone doing? Staying motivated!? We are almost there.... keep up the pace!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Gave my body a rest this weekend. Today I'm back at it with Lev 2 Day 7. I'm starting the morning with my cardio & coffee onthe elliptical. ;)
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    Hi All motivated and awsome people!!!!! :OD

Darn i missed this !!!!!! my computer will be fixed soon,,,,, hopefully,,,,, i aint logging much i know,,,,,but i sure am doing my part, and increased myself to level 2 this time,,,,,, i am in process of quitting my morning coffee too,,,,,, not that easy,,,,, might be just one large a day, but its harder than i thought,,,,anyway,,water water water,,, friday is my usual weight day, and i am comfident that numbers will be changed. i cant really feel any difference yet, other than i actually start to feel "awsome" after i break a good sweat. and that after shower,,,loooove it,, anyway, im visiting a friend, and dont wanna spend my whole time on here, but ill be back fully soon, and hoping to have some good progress to share with you all!! congrads, on your achievements, i love to read all the stories!!!!!!!!! what a boost!!!!!!
  • laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So this is our fourth week doing this!!! Wow. I'm still on level two. I find I have a more intense work out on the lower levels, simply because I can do mostly everything. I tried level three, finished it, but it was no where near how I feel after level one and two. I will just have to work my way up!! :glasses:
  • cgavin77
    Options
    So this is our fourth week doing this!!! Wow. I'm still on level two. I find I have a more intense work out on the lower levels, simply because I can do mostly everything. I tried level three, finished it, but it was no where near how I feel after level one and two. I will just have to work my way up!! :glasses:

yeah....I know what you mean. When I master a level I get SUCH a better work out rather then just flopping around and trying to keep up! Im starting week 4... However I think I might either do week1 (or the dreaded week2) along w/ it somes days. Or just do week4 solo and then at the end of week 4 start all over mixing and matching workouts for another week or 2.

We'll see... any one else thinking of doing this for LONGER then the 30days?
  • ddboone
    Options
    When I master a level I get SUCH a better work out rather then just flopping around and trying to keep up! Im starting week 4... However I think I might either do week1 (or the dreaded week2) along w/ it somes days. Or just do week4 solo and then at the end of week 4 start all over mixing and matching workouts for another week or 2.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing a mix of JM workouts during the month of December - 30DS, RI30, 6W6P etc. I want to keep doing the videos until I master them. I've been seeing terrific results not just in losing weight and toning, but also in building strength.
  • cgavin77
    Options
    When I master a level I get SUCH a better work out rather then just flopping around and trying to keep up! Im starting week 4... However I think I might either do week1 (or the dreaded week2) along w/ it somes days. Or just do week4 solo and then at the end of week 4 start all over mixing and matching workouts for another week or 2.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing a mix of JM workouts during the month of December - 30DS, RI30, 6W6P etc. I want to keep doing the videos until I master them. I've been seeing terrific results not just in losing weight and toning, but also in building strength.

Do you have any of the other DVD's? Ripped is the only one I have at the moment. I LOVE my kettle bell and heard that JM "Shred It with Weights" is an AWESOME kbell work out. BUT I would be willing to try any (a friend of mine loves JM No more trouble zones and JM Blast Fat Metabolism boost) that ppl wanted to try next?
    I LOVE checking in and talking about the workouts...it keeps me motivated! So keep me posted when the time comes to change it up...I'm in!!

But for now... Ripped week 4....I just pray I make it through this week without dying.(Oh and some ABS at the end of the week would be great. (since Im asking for stuff :tongue: )
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I took 3 days off....back at it today. So I did day 3 of level 3! I didn't have much energy as I haven't eaten enough during the day. Felt really light headed but so happy to back! I really love this program!

I was thinking of doing a second round afterwards...what are your thoughts on that?

Great to see everyone is going strong!

Daisy
  • ddboone
    Options
    Do you have any of the other DVD's? Ripped is the only one I have at the moment. I LOVE my kettle bell and heard that JM "Shred It with Weights" is an AWESOME kbell work out. BUT I would be willing to try any (a friend of mine loves JM No more trouble zones and JM Blast Fat Metabolism boost) that ppl wanted to try next?
    I LOVE checking in and talking about the workouts...it keeps me motivated! So keep me posted when the time comes to change it up...I'm in!!

But for now... Ripped week 4....I just pray I make it through this week without dying.(Oh and some ABS at the end of the week would be great. (since Im asking for stuff :tongue: )

I have 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack in addition to Ripped. I was thinking of getting Banish Fat Boost Metabolism next but Shred It with Weights sounds great - I like kettlebells too. Can't beat her DVDS. A personal trainer for $10? Yes please!
  • cgavin77
    Options

I have 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack in addition to Ripped. I was thinking of getting Banish Fat Boost Metabolism next but Shred It with Weights sounds great - I like kettlebells too. Can't beat her DVDS. A personal trainer for $10? Yes please!

EXACTLY! I love how cheap the dvd's are!! If move on to Shred w/ weights I will need to up my Kbell- right now I have 8LBS , I'd also like to get a 15LB one. To add strength and mix it up!

Still motivated to finish up Ripped- but getting a little frustrated at myself for lack of result Im seeing ...I'm still pushing hard tho! haha. On week4!! Some of the cardio in this one is BRUTAL. The squat jumps!!!!!! THESE ARE NOT NORMAL! hahaha. I basically fall on my face every time! :grumble:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi girls.

Day4W3 done! I am still liking level 3 but I am looking forward to level 4 now! I just like the regular change of workouts!
    I have Shred it with Weights too but never tried it. I don't have a kettlebell. How long are you supposed to do each level on Shred it with Weights does anyone now?

cgavin77: Didn't realise you already moved on to level 4. How do you find it? Plus I am sure you will get a big surprise at the end of this in regards to a loss! :smile:
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    I did Level 2 yesterday. My knees are giving me trouble so I.m switching to Shredding every other day & cardio on the elliptical everyday. Sorry I need to pull back but doing Shred everyday is causing knee pain.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    My day wasn't to good today. I had an argument with my boss and I didn't manage to eat all day after breakfast and on top of that really bad PMS. I was so stressed and grumpy when I came home. I was really looking forward to exercise but I did not have the energy whatsoever. I had to turn it off halfway through..I did a 20 minute pilates workout and feel that I still got a workout in.

Back to good form tomorrow :smile:

moxleymama6: sorry to hear about your knee. I have weak knees and are wearing a knee support on both of them...hope you're better soon :flowerforyou:
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    Daisy...sorry about your crappy day! That is :( ...

I'm going to Shred today & be uber careful during lunges & squats. I may invest in some knee supports...great idea!
  • ddboone
    Options
    cgavin77: Don't let the scale get you discouraged. I know your body is changing - it is impossible to do a JM workout and not get tighter, stronger and leaner. To get the scale to move, I try to drink more water and eat clean - this week, a friend and I followed a vegan diet. Maybe you need to mix up what you're eating?

daisy80: So sorry about your rough day. Proud of you for coming right back here, venting and getting back to your routine! Me...I'd be curled up with Ben & Jerry. :-) Well, the old me ....

moxleymama6: No shame in taking a day off or modifying if you need to. Hope the knee supports help.
  • cgavin77
    Options
    Hi girls!

daisy80: yes... I moved on to level 4 and am still doing level 3 with it - back to back! Level 4 is good I can FEEL the pain the next day which i like! Its hard for sure... but I just do waht I can as long as I can do it! hahaha...

ddboone: Yeah I know you MUST be right about the results- they MUST be happening maybe not as fast as I'd like but I need to relax I think! hahaa. Thats awesome you have gone vegan... I was vegan for 3 years and a very strict vegetarian for 16 years!!!! haha. I JUST started eating chicken and SOME fish again as of this past August. Its a MAJOR change for my body but more so for my mind! I was starting to not only lose major muscle mass but I started losing clumps of my hair and my nails began to ridge. Not good things. It happened kind of suddenly- Im going through a hard time in my personal life and the Dr thinks that coupled with losing about 30LBS just was too much on my body... I was NOT EVER planning on eating meat again... but my health and well being are the most important things to me.
    So like you mentioned im hoping to start seeing those protein changes in my body soon!

moxleymama6: I have bad knees as well... a surgery in highschool on one knee and now years later had bad bone spurs! So i totally empathize with you! Have you ever tried anything over the counter? I went to my Dr who wanted to take out the spurs- I wanted to try something less dramatic so he suggested Osteo Bi-Flex Advanced Triple Strength with Joint Shield. I noticed a major change in just a few weeks. It might be somwething that COULD help. I get mine at CVS and I now swear by it!

Thank you guys for the BOOST!!
  • ddboone
    Options
    cgavin77: Not to be misleading, my friend and I just went vegan for a week. It's not a pernanent lifestyle change for me - I don't know if I could ever fully give up meat and seafood. But from time to time we do vegan "challenges" as kind of a cleanse and to get the scale moving.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    I took a recovery & rest day yesterday. Today, dh & I power-walked a 5K...in the rain...in the dark...couldn't miss watchin the Ravens with my 13yo son. Back to Shreddin' tomorrow. I bought Ripped & am going to start on Thanksgiving morning. USA Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve is 30 days!!