Scale Smashers Support (closed thread)

Options

Replies

• losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty proud of this team too... you all rocked the weight loss this week!

Chris, do you have anything planned for your vaca?
  • bauer0813
    Options
    OH how I wish it were a true vaca, I am a nurse and with my 12 hour schedule it works out that every 3 weeks I get 7 days off. I am truly blessed that i get this - makes the grouping of 12hours much easier to get through. So just working around the house, spending time with my little man (who decided today he is a puppy and will only answer me with arf arf), and helping my sister paint her new house.

I love the support we all have for each other on this team! I am so glad Kim talked me into doing this - it exactly what i needed!!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I think your percentage just has to be higher than the others on the team, so like if you lose 2% and the rest of the other team x 5 (or how many people they have with their weights added together) their total lost has to be less than your total loss for one person. make sense?
  • bauer0813
    Options
    Yes i think I am starting to get it. I think i might need a hail mary for this one :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    since it is percentage of weight loss, it doesn't matter how many people are on the other team. if you look at the charts you see that our team had 0.55% weight loss this week and MM had .85%. But if you look at what you lost (without gifting) you actually lost about 1.3% this week and that would have beat out any other team. We all have to work hard but I know you can do it!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Good point Robin. I didn't think of it that way and thought omg she has to beat 5 people:noway: With that knowledge I'm sure Chris has this, she pulls great numbers all the time:bigsmile:

Chris, My kid went through that doggie phase two. He was always crawling on all 4's and rubbing up against my leg.... kinda more like a cat but he barked:wink: So cute!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    What's going on ladies... 5 days with no chat?! Chris how is it going? I'm sure your doing great, you always do:flowerforyou:

I just got back from an interesting jog. My dog and I were running up a hill by our house and had to stop for a second cause a frickin' GOAT was running at us! A GOAT in the middle of the road! Definately not a site you see too often around here:noway: Then I was also stopped by a lady I haven't seen in about 5 years and she acted like it was just yesterday... she says "I run, I'll run with you"! I think I might take her up on it. We never were really good friends but there is no reason we can't be now plus any added motivation is great! That run was awesome though... my dog had me running at a faster pace then normal and even after taking a shower i'm still sweating a little!

So, my husband is leaving me for a whole month next week and i'm not sure how I really feel about it. In the last 5 years the most we have been apart has only been like two days. He is going to Arizona to sell christmas trees. Should be good money but I'm on my own here with all the kids and all the holiday hubub. I think though with him gone I might lose a little more weight. I don't eat out or drink as much if he isn't instigating it:wink:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I agree, 5 days holy! Hopefully its b/c we were all working out so much! Lol

A goat huh? That is interesting! And I think a running buddy is a great idea! As for hubs- that is a long time. But your right, I know if mine was gone that long I'd lose hella weight!!

So I havent gotten any good exercise in, although Sunday I was walking from 12-4! I'm again trying to cut out grains... ugh its so hard. Lovely TOM came by last night along with a side of icky tummy which spoiled my Pacjer game a bit. But we still dominated, 9-0 baby!!!

Well off to finish more chores...yaaay :ohwell: Oh yea did I mention I'm now cooking for 6 grown adults now.. The grocery shopping and preparing is a damn workout in itself! Lol. I have an interview tomorrow at 2:30 for an upscale restaurant about 5 miles away wish me luck!! If you wanna check it out heres the website! http://www.cullenshouston.com/ If I get it hubs becomes sta at home daddy!

Happy Wednesday weigh in!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Oooh, Congrats Jessica... I hope the interview goes awesome! Wear a nice blazer-like jacket, it always seams to help give a good impression expecially with upscale places. I feel so uncomfortable wearing one but the way the employer responds to it is always good. As for feeding grown that many grown adults has got to be tuff! I have a hard time making dishes to feed the 6 of us with 4 being kids! I feel for ya:flowerforyou:
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    WOW Jessica - LOVE Cullens Website - the menu looks awesome :) I'm thinking of you and I agree with Kasi - blazer type jackets seem to impress! How is it that you are cooking for 6 adults? Hubs family? Good thing you like to do it. I'm still thinking about going gluten free too - just found the gluten free group on here and someone mentioned a website you might like: glutenfreegirl.com.

Kasi - see on the other thread you get to see Ron White! Jealous!!!! I hope you enjoy your early Thanksgiving too, I'm thinking of you :) SO A GOAT? How Random is that? I'm not sure if I would be scared or just laugh?!?! First thought though- probably scared! Haha!

How is everyone else doing?

I have an off topic question for advice - my sister has been seeing/living with a man for just over a year now - they now have eight kids together (my sister has three, he has five). For Christmas this year that means a total of eleven (including mine) grandchildren on my side of the family - on my hubs we exchange names for the grandchildren so I will only buy two presents. I wanted to do the same on my side but then realized - I might only have two but my sister will have eight to buy for. I don't know what to do because no one really has the budget to buy for that many kids! Two of them are teenagers and it is so much harder to only spend $5 on a teenager.

Any thoughts?
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Yea- it's a cool website. Very "hip" down here lol. The venue is HUUUGE too. I want to have my birthday in the hanging glass room over the dinning room. SOOOOO COOL! lol It's funny yall mention a blazer- MIL and I went to the Nutcracker Market (HUGE shopping with vendors from every where) and "we" bought the cutest blazer that I want to wear today. Hmm maybe I'll take a pic! Once hubs get up we need to go get some black slacks for me.

Ugh yes- 6 adults. Hubs and I, MIL and FIL, BIL, and Grandpa. Olivia eats so little.. It hasn't been horrible... growing up I was used to cooking HUGE meals with my 2 brothers... sept here we just very rarely have leftovers! lol FIL has been complaining about me getting a full time job- he doesn't want to lose the meals, bahahaha. I told him Clint (hubs) can cook just fine! And I'll be home just after 4 and home Mondays- I can still cook with help.

Thanks for the website!! I'm gonna check it out! I did pretty good limiting yesterday, Only 5 saltines and about 1 tsp worth of flour (per serving) in the soup I made. Course it's all the secret gluten I don't think of til I look at ingredients listing lol.

Kasi good luck with your food filled weekend!! Maybe during visiting stand rather than sit?

Anne I have no clue how to cover that many for Christmas- do they live in a compound!?! lol That's what we've been calling this house and that's no where to the amount your sis has in a house! lol
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Anne, maybe do that elephant thing... can't remember exactly what its called but everyone brings a gift under a certain dollar amount. Everyone draws a number (or think of some other cleaver way to choose order), the first person opens a gift of their choice, the next person either opens a new one or can steal from the person before them. The further you are on the list for picking the more choices you get. It's pretty fun. Won't really help too much on cutting cost I guess but if you were to draw names you would have a crap load of siblings buying for siblings (which they probably already do anyway) since they have the majority of the kids.
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Yeah - Its kind of messed up really, but I think we've decided that I will go in with a sister on some of the gifts, then for the younger ones do Matinee tix or something like that.

I do that type of exchange Kasi at work - but we don't buy anything. It has to be something that you don't want anymore! Haha - one year I got a Richard Simmons Exercise Video :) Most times its something really nice though.

Way to save our team Chris! Nice loss :) I wonder what Erin will decide for player switch??? I like our team as it is :ohwell:
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Anne- you could always make something for them. Like a little ornament for the tree with like "Turner Christmas 2011". Course using your last name or something and just have like their favorite things on em so they're personalized. Just a thought! Not like you have the hours it may take to do! Lol

Well I guess it's "crunch time" eh. Well shhh I broke into the 150's this morning!! We'll see how far I can dig into em!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Well ladies, things aren't looking to well for me right now. Today I was up alot but i know I'm holding lots of water weight. I'm really stressed out about my husband being gone for a month. I feel like crying everytime I think about it. I don't know how my sister does it. My hubby is going with her husband who has gone now for the last 10 years I think. He did make me a bet tonight that couldn't lose half the weight he could while he is gone. So at this point our goal is to lose 10lbs(me) and 20lbs(him) by december 23rd. I think I can do it... well actually, I have to cause its a bet and I HAVE to beat him! So, If i make it one more week, you guy should see some awesome numbers from me cause ya'll know how it is when you bet against husband... gotta win at all cost:devil: :tongue:
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Sorry to see you go Faith! Welcome Erin!!!

Kasi - I so couldn't imagine my husband leaving for a month, I am sorry you have to go through it - I hope the financial gain will make it worth it :(. Do you have a lot of family/friends around to help out? I would totally do bad with weight with my husband gone - I think I eat more when I know he isn't looking :) I hope the competition helps you!

Jessica - hows Cullens??? Congratulations on the Job!

Things here are going okay. I'm nervous about staying in the 130s...so I exercised yesterday and again today. MAN I have been hungry lately....going to have to exercise tomorrow night too to burn off all of the extra calories this momma wants every day!

Have a good day all!
  • losemybabyweight
    Options
    Sorry to see you go Faith! Welcome Erin!!!

Kasi - I so couldn't imagine my husband leaving for a month, I am sorry you have to go through it - I hope the financial gain will make it worth it :(. Do you have a lot of family/friends around to help out? I would totally do bad with weight with my husband gone - I think I eat more when I know he isn't looking :) I hope the competition helps you!

Jessica - hows Cullens??? Congratulations on the Job!

Things here are going okay. I'm nervous about staying in the 130s...so I exercised yesterday and again today. MAN I have been hungry lately....going to have to exercise tomorrow night too to burn off all of the extra calories this momma wants every day!

Have a good day all!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    So somehow I thought I was replying Here but it was in the challenge thread, ha!

I think I would totally love the hubs to be gone- I eat much better- he loooves salt way more than he should lol.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Ok team I' at a maintain at the moment so hopefully in a few hours after being active I'll have a loss darnit!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Do your best Jessica... no worries and no regrets! You'll be fine:flowerforyou:

Anne, I'm hungry all the time lately too! I think its the change in the weather... makes me feel like I need comfort food:ohwell:

Erin, We are teammates again...Whoo Hooo! How's it going?

I'm up a couple of pounds right now. I'm pretty sad about it but I guess if I'm out I'll just have to work super hard in the comeback category... it is what it is.